User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2002 1:43:13 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/744027/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The ultimate paradox is that she is fired for the very same thing that liberal column writers and TV commentators do every damn day.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
From the article -

Your Friday column, in which you declared that liberals are "no good," then trashed the entire Kennedy clan as a collection of "heroin addicts, convicted killers, cheaters, bottleggers and dissolute drunks," crossed that line. I'm not going to defend the Kennedy family or liberals; either group can argue with you if they'd like.

But, Ann, you're mean -- vicious, really -- which is why we do not believe that you in any way serve the public good.
View Quote

The fact that everything she has said is TRUE is of no relevance to this editor. Just that it paints the Kennedy's in a  negative light is what makes it wrong.

On a late summer morning almost a year ago, all of us -- Republicans, Democrats and everyone else -- witnessed what hate is capable of.

Since that day, Americans have tried to remember that they are on the same side, regardless of differences in skin color, nation of origin, religion or political viewpoint. It has not always been easy because, more than ever, those who are different can seem more threatening. But we're trying because what we have in America is worth keeping.
View Quote

This tactic is familiar, and has been used against me. When you can't argue the facts, pour some emotional accelerant on the discussion and make a huge conflagration, such  that, if anyone dare agree with Ms. Coulter, well, they MUST be anti_american pro terrorist.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I just emailed Mr Unger.

I said everything in that article of hers is backed by fact.

I then told him he was fired.

I feel alot better now.

mug
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If that's a real letter, then boy has she got a lawsuit in the works!

Equating her with the attacks of 9/11! Can you spell S-L-A-N-D-E-R boys and girls?

Woo-hoo! This is going to be fun!

And everyone above is right on the money, BTW...
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ann Coulter Gets Fired ......Again
View Quote

Hopefully she is preparing to enter the US Senate. She would really liven that bunch up. No need for a speech writer. The phrase "wax eloquent" comes to mind.

She is a babe. (I wonder if that offends her. If it does offend her, she is not a babe. I know she is married. But is she happily married?)
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Hehehe...  I'll create a position for Ann! [sex]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Folks, we're only talking about the Centre Daily Times!

Not some real newspaper, but a mere pipsqueak of a paper, that's only in the news at all just because of this firing!

Yes, Ann Coulter is probably rolling in the dough, but so what?

And, BTW, [b]anti-USSA[/b], you can only have her when I'm finished with her...

Eric The(InAYearOrSo!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And, BTW, [b]anti-USSA[/b], you can only have her when I'm finished with her...

Eric The(InAYearOrSo!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

OK

anti([red]once I get past the used part, it'll still be good[/red])USSA [sex]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
She's not really "fired". She still has a job (or contractual relationship) with her syndication firm, etc.  Like the FunGunHun said, this just means that the Podunk Daily Blather (or whatever) doesn't carry her column anymore. Hundreds of other newspapers still do carry her.

Newspapers take up and drop columns for a variety of reasons - less ad space leads to less editorial space, space filler issues, price, etc. Maybe they can save money by filling column-inches with text from a cheap local columnist who also does double-duty as a reporter/writer for no extra pay but thinks he has a bit more prestige being an Op-Ed columnist in said Podunk region).

I'm sure Seniorita Coulter and her syndicators didn't flinch a bit.  "Centre Daily whooo???"
Her syndicators may not have even told her yet: every month there's probably an add and drop report mailed to her with her check.

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Ann!  You rock!  We love you!

Here's a weak hater column by someone who knew Ann from law school, and is now apparantly envious of Ann's success

[b]It's Ann herself we loathe[/b]
September 3, 2002

In the late 1980s I was a student at the University of Michigan Law School. One dismal winter day, as I emerged from the fog of an early morning lecture, I encountered a remarkable document in the pages of the school newspaper.

A fellow student had written a letter attacking the school's administration for taking a politically incorrect position on some matter. Although I can't remember the precise nature of the controversy, I do remember some of the phrases the student used in the course of excoriating the administration, and specifically the law school's dean, Lee Bollinger (now president of Columbia University). As I recall, the author referred to "our beach boy dean," and implied that Bollinger was more interested in honing his tennis game and working up a tan than in defending our sacred constitutional liberties. The letter continued in this vein for several paragraphs.

The letter read like the sort of thing a person might write in the middle of the night under the influence of a martini or three, and I felt a pang of pity for its author, who in the cold light of morning must surely have been mortified to discover that she had allowed herself to indulge in such an over-the-top outburst of comical insolence. Yes, I remember thinking, even someone like Ann Coulter - for that was the name of the letter's author - shouldn't have to live with the embarrassment of having authored such a text.

Coulter graduated from her position as the most loathed person in her law school class and went on to become a ubiquitous media celebrity. After a brief legal career, she gave herself over to the lucrative pleasures of hatred: she is currently the author of America's best-selling non-fiction book, a polemic entitled Slander, that attacks "liberals" in the most histrionic terms imaginable for making intemperate statements about people with whose views they disagree.

Considered as a sincere attempt to analyze ideological bias in the media, Slander is something worse than worthless; nevertheless, as a sociological matter, both its success and that of its author tell us something about America today. At one level, people pay attention to Coulter because she is tall and blonde and extremely thin. There's little doubt that, without the cultural cachet provided by these characteristics, Coulter would be just another anonymous ideologue, churning out widely ignored diatribes.

Yet because Coulter's physical appearance reflects certain media clichés of what an attractive woman is supposed to look like, she has come to be treated as a public intellectual, although her ideas are no more original or interesting than those of the most orthodox political hack. This, to put it mildly, is somewhat ironic. Coulter blasts the media for giving airtime to the political views of "worthless silicone nothings" such as actors Heather Graham and Lara Flynn Boyle, yet the only significant difference between her fame and that of people like Graham and Boyle is the precise nature of the cosmetic interventions involved in each case.

Coulter's career provides a particularly stark instance of a feature found among the most annoying ideologues across the political spectrum. Coulter attributes the visceral reactions she elicits to "liberal intolerance," when those reactions have always been a product of the fact that she herself is intolerable. She is merely the latest example of someone who has managed to transform the predictable response to her own egregious behavior into a theory about the nature of the world. In short, it's not your politics that "we" can't stand, Ann: it's you.

Paul Campos is a professor of law at the University of Colorado. He can be reached at [email protected].
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Post from antiUSSA -
once I get past the used part, it'll still be good
View Quote

Son, from what I've heard tell, you'll never get past the used part! [:D]

Eric The([:D])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ann!  You rock!  We love you!

Here's a weak hater column by someone who knew Ann from law school, and is now apparantly envious of Ann's success

September 3, 2002

In the late 1980s I was a student at the University of Michigan Law School. One dismal winter day, [red]as I emerged from the fog of an early morning lecture,[/red] I encountered a remarkable document in the pages of the school newspaper.
View Quote
View Quote

Maybe, if was awake and paying attention in class during the lectures, he would know what was going on in the world enough to see that she is right...
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Deliverator,I just have to ask. Same guy from somethingawful.com?

-T.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Deliverator,I just have to ask. Same guy from somethingawful.com?

-T.
View Quote

No, not familiar with that site.

Deliverator is the name of a character from the book "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
They probably had to choose between her and Molly Ivins.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

September 3, 2002

Setup, blah, blah.

Explanation, blah, blah.  More explanation, blah, blah.  Yadda, Yadda, embarrassed that he didn't think to write it first.  Blah, blah.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.  Ad hominem attack, blah, blah.  Pity, blah, blah.  Comical insolence, blah, blah.  Ad hominem attack, yadda.

Ad hominem attack.  Unsubstantiated blah blah.  Ad hominem attack, blah, blah, blah, blah.  Penis envy (ironic eh?), yadda, blah, yadda, I'm an unsuccessful POS, blah, blah, she's more successful, blah.  Ad hominem attack, blah, blah, I don't have a best-selling book, blah, blah, yadda, she does, I'm a weak-willed stupid shit, she's evil, blah, blah, blah.

Worthless, blah, blah, yet somehow the best-seller (?), yadda, yadda.  Interesting sociological matter, blah, blah, blah.  Vitriol, hate, blah, blah, blah.  Penis envy, blah, blah.  Yadda, she isn't doing anything not already done by liberal columnists, yadda, yadda, but I'm too fucking retarded to see that, blah, blah.

Physical appearance, yadda, yadda, ad hominem attack, sexist bullshit, blah, blah.  Silicone interventions, she's no different (except that she's not a liberal, and she has a degree in law), more penis envy, blah, blah.  

Annoying ideologue, blah, blah, because she's smart, outspoken, and not a liberal, ad hominem attack, blah, blah.  Ann, I hate you because you don't agree with me and because you are more successful and attractive, I'm a penisless, snivelling pile of shit and it's your fault, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Paul Whoeverthefuckthisguyis professor at some podunk University
View Quote

Reads like the infantile rantings of the leftist shithead who got turned down for a date.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I wrote him a message which basically said that he sucked and his whole problem with Ann was that he was too much of a douchbag to get into her pants.

, our missives ought to make him squirm a bit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
tatjana:  I don't think you are supposed to find women attractive anyway, unless, of course, you are trying to tell us something (?).  She does have a strange throat, I'll give you that.  However, her worth as a person and commentator is not based on her looks.  Her columns have always struck me as very well-written and lucid, but very vitriolic.  Some claim that vitriole is the crutch of the intellectually inferior, I disagree.  She works in a field dominated by people who constantly ridicule her for her political beliefs, looks, etc.  One might end up being more than a little pissed off by such a situation.  Her vitriolic attacks don't take the form of ad hominem groans, but instead are very a.  truthful and b.  targetted.  She's extremely good at tearing a person completely to pieces.  Think of The_Macallan or McUZI on this site.

I've had the pleasure of meeting her in person, she is quite attractive, if a bit old looking (too much sun worshipping me thinks), and the hair is definetly a turn-off, but I've never liked artificial hair anyway.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, that article I posted basically insinuated the only reason anyone pays attention to Ann Coulter is because she's attractive, which is terribly dismissive and not what people like about her in the first place.

She's not the most attractive girl I've ever seen, no, but her looks aren't what I love about her first and foremost.

I love her mean-spirited rhetoric (I like mean-spirited humor in general, not just conservative political rhetoric). I find her hilarious, and often burst out laughing reading her columns. I love how over the top and outrageous she is, mixing extremely vicious insults with crushing proof, logic, and reasoned argument.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Meow!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Ann Coulter =
Tatjana = <>
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ann Coulter =
Tatjana = <>
View Quote

Anne Coulter =
Tatjana =
View Quote

Ha! Well, if you're going to play that game...

Tatjana =
Anne Coulter =

Actually, I was just going to comment that the arguments you make against her are the same arguments she documents as being common tactics of the liberal elite and New York pseudo-intelligentsia. I don't think she's a ravishing beauty either, but I hold many of the same beliefs she holds and I'm happy to have her on our side.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
To get through the University of Michigan Law School as a right wing woman is quite a feat. I barely made it, and I am a guy.
As far as looks, for that school she is the hottest thing on two legs. They pick 'em and graduate 'em ugly in Ann Arbor.

Her book is good. Her articles are good most of the time.

As a sop to tat, your FAQ is great, and if I had a thing for camo babes you would be a top choice.

That reminds me, how liberal is sandhurst? Is it berkley with guns?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To get through the University of Michigan Law School as a right wing woman is quite a feat. I barely made it, and I am a guy.
View Quote

Yeah Gary, I wondered how you graduated considering your humble political action tendencies. LOL[:D]

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I was lucky and I scared them.

[:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I think we can guess where this Unger guy is coming from...

Ann Coulter represents a lot of things that a lot of people don't have, and so she provokes jealousy among people who are dissatisfied with themselves to one degree or another.

At the same time, she challenges a few sterotypes, which in itself throws people off.
What? Brains AND Conservative AND Female AND good Looking?

Can't have none o' that!

And lets not forget success.  Lots of journalists aren't that highly paid, even when you work for the Centre Daily Times (hadn't ever heard of it until this popped up).

It must be hell to see someone you hate so much doing so well.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
She represents herself and the sale of her books.She jumps on the right wing anti-liberal
bandwagon. She's a phony. She gets in the public eye and sells shock value ala Howard Stern. I agree with most of what she says but she seems to exploit the way us non-PCer's feel
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#33]
She represents herself and the sale of her books.She jumps on the right wing anti-liberal
bandwagon. She's a phony. She gets in the public eye and sells shock value ala Howard Stern. I agree with most of what she says but she seems to exploit the way us non-PCer's feel
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#34]
To be fair... I do believe Tatjana is a better shot then Mrs. Coultier.

Which is really the only measure that really counts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I like Coulter.  She's mildly cute in an unexpected sort of way for an intelligent, hard-core conservative.

Yes, while caustic, she seems to excel at hyperbole once reserved exclusively for the libs, but she does it SOOO much better, and manages to tell the sometimes hurtful truth while at it.  

That's really what gets to the libs.  Logical, reasoned arguments based upon FACT that is not PC sugar coated like so much cod-liver oil and that don't play to mere emotion.  

("Let's not hurt anyone's feelings now."  Even if it means not searching Hassim's ticking carry-on for fear of offending the PC crowd.)  

Now, having extolled Ms. Coulter's virtues, let's talk about [b]Laura Ingraham[/b].

[url]http://www.lauraingraham.com/public/[/url]

SHE is a babe.  Every bit as right wing as Coulter and better looking to boot (similiar look but more fem--just prettier).  She's also a lawyer (conducive to making properly reasoned arguments) and has a great sense of humor.  Listen to her radio show and you will see.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#36]
At the risk of getting this thread locked, like most of the other threads concerning such things(ie. people mobbing Tatjana), I will freely and honestly state that I find Tatjana to be both more attractive and better at ballistic gelatin testing than Ms. Coulter.

Besides, she carries an H&K P7. What more need I say?

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I think Ann is very attractive also but there is no disputing that OUR OWN miss tatjanas beauty leaves Ann at the curb![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I actually think Coulter is kinda ugly, but I love watching her rip some smartass liberal with the same tired old skewed liberal argument up on TV.  Classic...
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn, from someone who has never shown herself other than in cammo or a tenth of a second face shot. That's pretty ruff. Post ten pics of yourself at full length and different angles and lets see the comments? Show yourself?????
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Silly boy.  ALL of our hair is eventually artificial.  It's just a question of HOW artificial.
View Quote

Haha.  Yeah, in Europe.  I don't think I've ever actually seen a European woman who doesn't dye her hair.  The worst by far are the German "redhaeds."  Now, in the U.S. (which is sadly becoming more like Europe everyday), it's not anywhere near as common, but hair-dying is growing in popularity (again, sadly).

At least that's what I've observed.

[red]I consider the use of the word "boy" specifically targetted at me as a personal attack.  I am a man and view being called a "boy" by YOU of all the self-righteous, narcissitic people in the world as a violation of board code.  (Yes, I know it wasn't meant as a personal attack, but I don't give a shit.)[/red]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As far as looks, for that school she is the hottest thing on two legs. They pick 'em and graduate 'em ugly in Ann Arbor.
View Quote

Wasn't the old saying "9 out of 10 Big-Ten women are beautiful and the 10th goes to UofM?"

I remember siting out on the Diag (or in the UGLI) thinking to myself "Can you possibly put ANY MORE hair on the legs of a woman??"
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Lets see some nudity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:56:13 AM EDT
[#44]
C'mon Tatjana!  You are smart enough to understand that guys might still find someone who is less attractive than you, beautiful.

I'm sure that if you had a ballistics show on OLN with Brouhaha, we would be giving you the {smileysex} tags.  Not that some don't already!

;)
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Wish I could fire Ann Coulter [shock]

BTW, Tatjana, could you post links to those pictures of you? [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, from someone who has never shown herself other than in cammo or a tenth of a second face shot. That's pretty ruff. Post ten pics of yourself at full length and different angles and lets see the comments? Show yourself?????
View Quote

Actually, some smartass (who shall remain nameless) posted about 12 shots of me on here not that long ago, including at least two closeups and one rather embarassing one.

There are quite enough floating around of me, thank-you-very-much.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This tactic is familiar, and has been used against me. When you can't argue the facts, pour some emotional accelerant on the .........
View Quote
Wah, wah, wah.  Don't even compare yourself to Ann Coulter.  She tells the truth, you just spew disguised hatred for Israel.

Damn, a thread about Ann Coulter and you turn it into 'everybody's pickin' on me'.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top