Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2013 6:50:56 AM EDT
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20526577/woman-finds-lost-wallet-gives-out-cash-to-her-kids

"(The woman in the video) kind of stops, looks down, picks up the wallet, then walks into the next set of doors standing in front of the entrance," Joseph Smith said.  "She opens up the wallet and starts handing out what's in it to her kids. There was about $100 cash and 200 to 300 dollars in gift cards."

More at link including video....

Hey look I found some free stuff!
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me guess............
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Let me guess............

You were wrong

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me guess............

You were wrong

Put me in the wrong category as well
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me guess............

You were wrong

Yep.

There's White Trash in this world too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
cant see their necks... not sure if right...
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
not surprising.  I'm sure a fair chunk of the population would do the same.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let me guess............

Yup, you're right....it's the amish.  Those bastards are the heads of the modern-day FSA everywhere.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#8]
FSA is FSA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Way to set an example for those kids.

I hope they nab the mom and make an example out of her. Kids need to learn all actions have consequences.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I can honestly say I wouldn't. Maybe it's because I'm late 30's now, I would have just picked it up and walked to the Customer Service desk with it. Damn I'm getting old, I even feel like I have to walk my shopping cart all the way to the collecting spot so I can go home with a clear conscience.

Though if I was younger I would have went to the strip club and made it rain.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Finders keepers, losers weepers.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Way to set an example for those kids.

I hope they nab the mom and make an example out of her. Kids need to learn all actions have consequences.  

I was thinking the same thing.  That's some real shitty parenting. Not surprising in today's America though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

FSA is FSA.

Correct.  Full diversity.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#14]
tell that the guy who lost it hasn't seen a few up close
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I guessed, and I was wrong...
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would have kept the wallet and tracked the owner down.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#17]
The younghusband and wife were very positive about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I actually guessed right, but I live in the heart of white trash.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
FSA is FSA.

Equal opportunity Army....

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Shit is Shit no matter the color......
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I remember there was a report done years ago. News reporters went to several cities with wallets. They then pretended to find the wallets and give them to police. Guess how many came back without money?

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn Humans
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Found 3 wallets working as a garbage man back in the day  tracked all 3 people down they were all ecstatic to get them back. Even though they were all empty and had been stolen they all offered a reward and I declined everyone. I felt bad enough they had their money stole to begin with no point making them more in the hole.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#24]
There's much more of these types in this country than the other types.  We are doomed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Shit is Shit no matter the color......

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#26]
The problem with this country is that the main stream population has become sorry as hell also....
I cant go anywhere now without some obnoxious asshole, father, mother, kids, whetever being rude and/or in-considerate in some way...
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I once found a wallet with $2300 in it in the middle of the road. The ID in it was for a local university student. I figured it he was either dealing drugs or making book. I called the police to turn it over to them. When the officer arrived and I told him what I had found and what I wanted to do he said "Let me get this this staight. You are turning this over to me?" I said yes. He took the wallet, sort of laughed, shook his head, got in his car and drove off.

I never heard what happened after that.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I've found two wallets over the years, both went back to their owners intact.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#29]
In college, I forgot my wallet at a student center- which happen to have my cashed paycheck in it (about $800). I got all the way home (lived off campus) before I realized it. Thankfully a good person was the one to find it and turned it (all) in.
If I found a wallet, the only thing that would give me pause would be how to return it
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Thieving dirtbags come in all varieties.

I do say thieves as they found something that could easily be returned.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Proves that cash is subprime. Carry only the amount of cash you need for cash only items. Use debit for the rest.

Even better, use credit for the purchases. Asshole mom finds the wallet, uses the cards, bingo. You got her and you can tell your CC company to decline the payment because of fraud.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Proves that cash is subprime. Carry only the amount of cash you need for cash only items. Use debit for the rest.

Even better, use credit for the purchases. Asshole mom finds the wallet, uses the cards, bingo. You got her and you can tell your CC company to decline the payment because of fraud.

Debit has risks too perhaps more so.

My grandfather knew a man who had lost 10k after someone got his debit card and used up the money.

At least you have more protection with a credit card, and it isn't actually your money gone.

I'll stick with cash, how often do you lose your wallet anyway ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I once found a wallet with $2300 in it in the middle of the road. The ID in it was for a local university student. I figured it he was either dealing drugs or making book. I called the police to turn it over to them. When the officer arrived and I told him what I had found and what I wanted to do he said "Let me get this this staight. You are turning this over to me?" I said yes. He took the wallet, sort of laughed, shook his head, got in his car and drove off.

I never heard what happened after that.

I wonder if he kept it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My grandfather knew a man who had lost 10k after someone got his debit card and used up the money.

At least you have more protection with a credit card, and it isn't actually your money gone.

I've had money stolen from my check card.  It was back in my account in a day.  I've also had a fraudulent charge to my credit card.  It was a process that took about 3 weeks before my account was credited.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Like there is any way this can come back to bite mom in the ass.
Wait until the kids have a chance to steal from her, do you think they will hesitate?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had money stolen from my check card.  It was back in my account in a day.  I've also had a fraudulent charge to my credit card.  It was a process that took about 3 weeks before my account was credited.  

Some aren't so lucky I guess.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ah, and the FSA finally shows up here. I was waiting for this
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Found two wallets, one belonged to a sherrif and had his badge in it, took a while to track him down.
The other I watched fall off the roof of a car as it left a liquor store, tried to contact the lady but could not get thru on her phone for a long time, she was cancelling all her credit cards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
FSA is FSA.

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

uh, no.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FSA is FSA.

yup, motherfuckers
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Wealth redistribution.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me guess............

You were wrong

Yep, I admit it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#45]
I was visiting my dad and found a wallet on the sidewalk in West L.A. when I was about 12 (~1982) and it had money in it. I handed it to an L.A.P.D. motorcycle officer who was parked about 20 feet away, and left the money in it because that's what I was taught. When my dad and his wife found out I didn't take the money out of it, they actually yelled at me and told me the cop would take the money, so I should have just taken it myself. I was pretty upset about being yelled at for doing the right thing. I have a lot of respect for my dad and his wife, but I still when I think about it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

might want to check out that post directly below yours. like looking in a mirror, ain't it?

wish they had a sneer smilie.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top