Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2001 1:29:34 PM EDT
I read somewhere before that Olympic Arms would replace your pre-ban receiver if it was damaged beyond repair with a new receiver using the same pre-ban serial number.  Anyone know if this is true?

If so are there any other AR manufacturers that do the same thing?

Link Posted: 4/8/2001 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I'd be interested to hear what you find out on this. Also, I need to know if they will replace (for a charge, of course) a pre-ban lower that is possibly machined wrong. I have one that only one of my uppers will close on and then you can't get the mag to release. I haven't done much investigating yet, but I think the front takedown pin hole is located too low by a few thousanths.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
All the AR makers can replace a damaged lower that they made to begin with, it is required that the same # be affixed. Then again sh_t changes so quickly these days it pays to write, e-mail or fax the question to them, to be sure!
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had 2 OLY preban lowers remanufactured. It costs (I think) $110 plus shipping now.
You end up with a brand new forged OLY lower with the OLY kitty on it.
I think Rambo had one done by Colt.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Previous thread on this:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=521#lastPost
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 3:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, we aght to get them to make a few hundred thousand of them with pre-ban numbers.

[smoke][:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top