Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:03:25 AM EDT
I  am trying to help a friend with a blog, he needs some cases of verifiable use of Ars, Aks etc being used in self defense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a case in Texas where a 15 year old wounded an intruder with his dad's AR15
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Many cases of home defense.

Too lazy to look, but I'm curious to see what other people come up with.

IN
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Here ya go OP. And this was recent. I don't know how to hot link but....

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2012-08-09/north-augusta-gun-shop-owner-kills-suspected-burglar-injures-two-others
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Dig this one!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0
"Assault Weapons" for the win and "Rock and Roll!!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There was a case in Texas where a 15 year old wounded an intruder with his dad's AR15

I got that one already but thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Gary Fadden used a Ruger AC556
Harry Beckwith used a S&W 76.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Not fair... as those were REAL "assault weapons" I.E. registered title II guns..LOL!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/crime-courts/2012-08-09/north-augusta-gun-shop-owner-kills-suspected-burglar-injures-two-others

Well OP is this what you were looking for? I mean the guy couldn't shoot, but its a justified example of the us of an AR and a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]
remember that the left's interpretation includes a large number of normal semi handguns, so anything done with a hi-cap would count.  they don't like being reminded of this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well OP is this what you were looking for? I mean the guy couldn't shoot, but its a justified example of the us of an AR and a 30 round mag.

yes this kind of thing is great thank you!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Guy that worked for HK (I think) used an auto 5.56 in self defense.

Florida gunshop owner had a cray shoot out with a couple guys trying to trying to rob his shop, he had an AR or AK.

Rancher in Texas shot an intruder with a AR.

All I can think of off-hand and all Massad Ayob's writings, Google will take you there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guy that worked for HK (I think) used an auto 5.56 in self defense.

Florida gunshop owner had a cray shoot out with a couple guys trying to trying to rob his shop, he had an AR or AK.

Rancher in Texas shot an intruder with a AR.

All I can think of off-hand and all Massad Ayob's writings, Google will take you there.

I will check out Ayoob, hadnt thought of him yet
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]
There was a case at Oregon State a few years back where a marine stopped a forcible entry/attempted rape on his female neighbor with his AK. What was really ridiculous was that the barometer (school newspaper) questioned the legitimacy of using an AK for self def not one paragraph after they reported the type of weapon he used to defend his neighbor.

Maximum derp there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top