Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/28/2012 5:59:30 PM EDT
I took my son to play at the playland and eat some nuggets. There was a woman and her daughter, a grandpa with his grandson, and myself and my boy. Then off to the side was an older dude with no kids there. Just sitting there drinking a soda and watching the kids play. Creeped me out a bit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Rap him in the head, and ask him if he is a pedo...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I took my son to play at the playland and eat some nuggets. There was a woman and her daughter, a grandpa with his grandson, and myself and my boy. Then off to the side was an older dude with no kids there. Just sitting there drinking a soda and watching the kids play. Creeped me out a bit.

Trust your gut.  He was a pedophile.  I generally make it a point to contact such people and make them feel uncomfortable.  I start with "where is your kid?", when they say they don't have one, I ask them why they are staring at other people's kids.  They usually leave.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You should write a song about it and call it Aqualung.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I watch the kids play sometimes. Kids are great, and my only Granddaughter passed away very young. I catch myself thinking, (and wishing), that she would be like one of those kids.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did he attempt any sort of contact with the kids?
Did he attempt any sort of physical contact with the kids?
Was he making any sort of recording of the kids?

If none of the above, why so creeped out?

When an older dude with no kids is hanging around kids. Your Spidey senses go up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I watch the kids play sometimes. Kids are great, and my only Granddaughter passed away very young. I catch myself thinking, (and wishing), that she would be like one of those kids.

I see your point. could be easily explained as something like that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust your gut.  He was a pedophile.  I generally make it a point to contact such people and make them feel uncomfortable.  I start with "where is your kid?", when they say they don't have one, I ask them why they are staring at other people's kids.  They usually leave.

I'd probably tell you to go have nasty sex with yourself and watch you pee on yourself. You sound a bit psychotic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and why wouldn't they, when there's some churlish dude threatening them?

That approach only works until it doesn't...and when it doesn't, you've bought yourself a great big bag of problem.

If you're curious about someone's intentions when they've done nothing inappropriate, there are much lower key methods of finding out about their intentions that don't require acting like a dipstick.

This.

Some people that are sitting by themselves watchign kids play in a mcdonalds might just be thinking something like -

I miss my son / daughter
wish my kid who is now grown was still here
wish I was still a kid
Life sucks
ah to be a kid again.

Maybe he doesnt need some pushy idiot coming up to them making them fell unconfortable.

You did that to me the response would probably be to fuck off and mind your own business. Some of us humans arent social and dont like to be challenged for doing nothing.

Casual non threatening conversation on the other hand....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Engage them in casual conversation.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So sorry to hear that.. and I could see why it would give you pleasure to watch the kids play.. Hope you and your kids are doing ok after a loss like that ??

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
in before the "some meatgazer in MD's was checking me out, creepy huh?" thread
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

"Nice weather we're having!"

That phrase is non threatening in the least...unless the person has bad intentions. If they do, you've just communicated "Hey, fucker, I see you and I ain't skeered."

There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.

The "nice weather!" approach is the wrong way once you see someone laying hands on children. Then you break out the "Hi, I'm Bob, and I'll be beating the shit out of you today." routine.

Completely right. Approach the guy and start friendly conversation - this way, you'll be able to see what he's really focused on.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

That phrase is non threatening in the least...unless the person has bad intentions. If they do, you've just communicated "Hey, fucker, I see you and I ain't skeered."

The "nice weather!" approach is the wrong way once you see someone laying hands on children. Then you break out the "Hi, I'm Bob, and I'll be beating the shit out of you today." routine.

"I was at McDonald's having lunch by myself, people watching and some creepy dude started hitting on me."
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#18]
It's thoughts like this are why men in modern America are automatically assumed to be pedophiles if they're anywhere near children by themselves.  In some cases men have been accused of being pedophiles while carting their own children around in public while the wife isn't with them, or if there is no wife.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what do you do when someone looks you in the eye and says f@&$ off
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#22]
was it this guy?

COOK COUNTY, Ill. (CBS) – A 36-year-old convicted sexual predator was arrested after loitering in the children’s play area of a McDonald’s restaurant in Elk Grove Township, the Cook County Sheriff’s Department said.

Joseph O’Brien, 36, was charged with a Class 3 felony of failing to update his address to police and with criminal trespassing on Dec. 22 after the manager of a McDonald’s on East Higgins Road called authorities to report an adult loitering, the sheriff’s office said

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/28/sex-offender-arrested-in-restaurants-play-area-for-children/
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what do you do when someone looks you in the eye and says f@&$ off

Blade at 45 degrees, alpha-wolf stare, full-power-shot, etc.

What no "you will not touch my children" yell.  Best police interrogators/interviewers I ever saw always made their target/witness completely at ease.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Calm down, I'll leave when I'm done with my Big Mac.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Some people just find joy in children
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Your children should learn proper self defense to take care of these situations themselves, anyway.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#28]
For years we had a crusty old POS registered sexual offender (Victim was a 13 YO girl) that would sit daily at the bus stop by the Elementary/ Secondary school when classes ended. I gave him shit relentlessly. I haven't seen his decrepit ass this year. Hope He's enjoying his new "Digs".
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#29]
You never know when the homosexual is about.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#30]
lame parody thread  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't care.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's thoughts like this are why men in modern America are automatically assumed to be pedophiles if they're anywhere near children by themselves.  In some cases men have been accused of being pedophiles while carting their own children around in public while the wife isn't with them, or if there is no wife.

I remember a guy posted on this board that he was confronted by people because he was alone with this children. Turns out his wife had passed away.

You never know a person's situation. I personally would not have been bothered by the guy at McDonalds unless he tried touching or talking to my child.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember a guy posted on this board that he was confronted by people because he was alone with this children. Turns out his wife had passed away.

You never know a person's situation. I personally would not have been bothered by the guy at McDonalds unless he tried touching or talking to my child.

Fuck Fred Meyer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What no "you will not touch my children" yell.  Best police interrogators/interviewers I ever saw always made their target/witness completely at ease.

Well, people do get considerably less chatty once you've broken their arm and are screaming in their face about how you're going to buttfuck their soul.

EDIT - if it were me getting engaged by someone asking where my kid was, I'd probably start talking about Mayor McCheese.

"When America was America, our kids played on Mayor McCheese at these playgrounds. It was tight and cramped inside that cheeseburger head, but dammit kids learned their limitations. They got stuck and had to figure a way out in a panic and that made them strong and intelligent and let us compete in the global marketplace. Now? Now everything is soft and pastel-colored plastic and nobody learns anything anymore. But I remember. I will not forget you, Mayor Mc.Cheese...I will sit in the playground and toast to your honor and the generation of intelligent, resourceful individuals you helped to breed with your all beef patty and sesame seed face."

You owe me I just spit at least a fingers worth of cognac on my ipad, and no, not little Oompa Loompa midget fingers, but Andre the Giant finger sized.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Or maybe he's thinkin "I remember when my kids where little....sigh .  How the fuck did I get so old so quick?"
Yea, be rude.Thats a great approach.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

+1. Get some intel. Go go from there.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#38]
McDonalds has always been full of WTF.

Here's a perfect example...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Some poor dude who is divorced, pays alimony, and only gets to see his kids the day after holidays went to McDonald's to eat off the dollar menu.  He then sees children playing and begins to reflect upon his life and the choices that led him to his current situation;  and then some badass arfkommer calls him a pedophile.  Life is so beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You owe me I just spit at least a fingers worth of cognac on my ipad, and no, not little Oompa Loompa midget fingers, but Andre the Giant finger sized.

You heard it here, first, folks:

My sense of humor beats alcoholism.

Not really, I still licked it off the screen
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
McDonalds has always been full of WTF.

Here's a perfect example...

http://www.fototime.com/BCD15780652F2D5/large.jpg

Is that the chick from Goonies in the orange sweater?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am very sorry for your loss sir.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I work alone. I often grab some lunch alone. Sometimes I am sitting in McD's eating... alone.

I sometimes look out the window while eating and watch whatever is going on. Sometimes its kids playing, other times its a squirrel, other times nothing at all.

Sometimes when I do this it makes me think of people I've lost in my life. Watching kids play or a squirrel doing what it is squirrels do, makes me smile.

I finish my lunch and go about my business.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I work alone. I often grab some lunch alone. Sometimes I am sitting in McD's eating... alone.
I sometimes look out the window while eating and watch whatever is going on. Sometimes its kids playing, other times its a squirrel, other times nothing at all.
Sometimes when I do this it makes me think of people I've lost in my life. Watching kids play or a squirrel doing what it is squirrels do, makes me smile.
I finish my lunch and go about my business.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Was he surfing arfcom on the free wifi?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
in before the "some meatgazer in MD's was checking me out, creepy huh?" thread

damn it!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry next time I'll watch from my car.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Some poor dude who is divorced, pays alimony, and only gets to see his kids the day after holidays went to McDonald's to eat off the dollar menu.  He then sees children playing and begins to reflect upon his life and the choices that led him to his current situation;  and then some badass arfkommer calls him a pedophile.  Life is so beautiful.

Ok, you found me. Turn the cameras off please
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I sat at a McDonalds one time while I was waiting for my car to get new tires put on it. I don't recall if I watched any kids playing or not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top