Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 1:20:42 PM EDT
There was a thread about it for a while on here, lots of ARs it looked like, and if I recall a few ARFCOMMERs where in it?  Whatever happened with that?  I can't remember what it was called or I'd look it up myself.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Diary of a basement dweller.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Remnants
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Remnants

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remnants

What I was gonna say.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
"Remnants"?  I'm curios what happened too. Last I heard they were trying to get a... distributer? or something like that.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Remnants

Ah!  That is it.  Thank you.  Any final word on how many ARFCOMMERs actually participated in that?  And who was "the guy" that was here posting about it while it was under production?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
His name is Travis. And yes, he is on here. He's also running it on Facebook. Look up Remnants.

They re-did the movie a few months back, added Tom Sizemore and a few others. They re-released it to the original people who helped out financially with the movie. I received my copy yesterday. So now I have both copies.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

His name is Travis. And yes, he is on here. He's also running it on Facebook. Look up Remnants.

They re-did the movie a few months back, added Tom Sizemore and a few others. They re-released it to the original people who helped out financially with the movie. I received my copy yesterday. So now I have both copies.

Which one did you like more, and when/where can I get my copy? Is there a place I can purchase a streaming copy online ala Amazon Prime?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Remnants

Ah!  That is it.  Thank you.  Any final word on how many ARFCOMMERs actually participated in that?  And who was "the guy" that was here posting about it while it was under production?

Big thread in the Survival Forum.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
No shit, really?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just got mine too, haven't had the chance to watch it yet though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I got mine on friday, and watched it on Sunday.  It's ok.  All the good stuff you see in trailers is the last 15 minutes of the movie.  Ironic ending, if you can call it an ending.  I think fairly realistic, in that it depicts the uncertainty, and lack of communication that a global power outage would create, even with the president and cabinet.  It also shows the desperation, and that someone would kill you for a warm coat.  It kinda looks like they're fishing for a TV show.  Like NBC's Revolution, but with less ninjas and less gay.

Sizemore looks like crap, I guess a stint in the pen and cocaine will do that.  I heard he's gotten his shit straightened out, but still.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Would love to see, promise not to share
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a copy for my wife for Christmas.

Watched it last night.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup Travis is cool as shit. Been shooting with him in some of the fhtf meetups. Actually seeing him again come Thursday. Pretty interesting guy, always fun to hang out with.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
There is a website for the movie.

Damned if it doesn't sound pretty interesting and plausible.

No offense if you are reading this, Travis. But, this is AR15.com we're talking about after all.

Would like to see it!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#18]
NVM
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#20]
"The Basement" (2006), directed by Stanley Kubrick, released by Arfcom Media.

Tag line: "You can go down, but you'll never come up again - because the stairs can't take the weight."

Starring:

Marlon Brando as "Aimless"

William Defoe as SevenMaryThree

Dwight Shultz as Deej86

Al Pacino as Wingnutx

Steve Buscemi as Subnet

Yoda as Swingset

Chuck Norris as Charlton Heston pretending to be Chuck Norris

Best known Quotes:

"Hey, Wingnutx, what was that gun you used in Heat?"

"MOM! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! WHERE ARE MY DAMN CHEESE PUFFS?"

"You seem... familiar."

"The Basement? The BASEMENT? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BASEMENT!"

Roger Ebert gave it three stars, but later admitted he was high on crack at the time and thought he was watching the Muppets Christmas Special.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow - I leave you guys in GD alone for just a day or two, and look what happens!!  FDrifting just mentioned last night that there was a thread on this, so I thought I would pop in and say hello

Yes, Remnants is done.  You should check out our Facebook page if you want to know more (we can't discuss DVD sales or anything else here).  Check out the Remnants Trailer if you haven't heard of this project before.  

Yes, I took over the movie earlier this year after the first attempt didn't yield the desired results.  We wrote and shot a "wrap-around" story about how the government and military would react, and included some named actors including Tom Sizemore.  The movie is completely done, and a few hundred of our friends here had DVDs shipped to their homes recently as a "thank you" for their support.  We're shopping the finished movie around now (just got back from California about a month ago), and we're talking to some big names to distribute it in North America.  We're also talking to numerous international distributors.  

I'm already scratching ideas together for the next one, which we'll do right from the get-go.  It will be the same genre (SHTF/survival), and hopefully a bit more realistic and compelling storyline.  I'm also working on some other projects that I'll announce more about as they start to gel up.....

Travis
    (Executive Producer for Remnants - just in case anybody was wondering)
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got mine on friday, and watched it on Sunday.  It's ok.  All the good stuff you see in trailers is the last 15 minutes of the movie.  Ironic ending, if you can call it an ending.  I think fairly realistic, in that it depicts the uncertainty, and lack of communication that a global power outage would create, even with the president and cabinet.  It also shows the desperation, and that someone would kill you for a warm coat.  It kinda looks like they're fishing for a TV show.  Like NBC's Revolution, but with less ninjas and less gay.

Sizemore looks like crap, I guess a stint in the pen and cocaine will do that.  I heard he's gotten his shit straightened out, but still.

Thank you for the honest write-up!  I'll take it.  No shopping for TV shows or anything.  I am focused on doing it again, though, and doing it better.  

Tom's a great guy, and he keeps in touch.  Yes, he overcame some challenges, but he is definitely on the upswing.  He's winning some big roles (ex: Expendables 3), and doing quite well.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that he's clean and getting his life back on track.  I'm really glad we got him involved in the project.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top