Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 12:18:46 PM EDT
How ya like them? I can get one local for $169...what mags do they take?  Can I get aftermarket parts?  Website for said aftermarket parts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone would admit to it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
don't buy it,  i have a kg99 (early tec9).  jams every magazine at least twice.

better luck with handloads, -max pressure.

i've heard the later models are just as bad, if not worse.

- looks cool, just can't shoot it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny how the media hyped these things. They are complete crap and good for nothing but crowd control until they jam.

I'm not one to support gun bans by any means, but I'll admit that the tec-9 class of gun truly is designed for one thing and one thing only: killing people, and doing it indiscriminately. It has absolutely no other redeeming feature.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking at it as a investment standpoint.  They are "mean" looking.  Likely to be finally banned (one day, I know they just rename it.. :) )and just to have in the safe as the "bad looking gangsta gun".  I got the big 3 already (FAL, SAR1, AR15).  I usually go for the "mean-lookin" guns.  

:)
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If ya want a mean pistol for "investment" reasons, get a Cobray PM11 from Southern Ohio Gun for $219.
I have met Cobrays that run halfway decent (They STILL jam...) (JIK you don't know, they are like MAC10's)

Navegar guns are crapola.

But if you want to buy guns for "investment" sell all that crap you have already, and get something Class 3.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Use #2 ...ticking off anti-gun people.  :)  Heck, as far as bad-looks goes (mean, not ugly) its a good side-arm to the ar15.  :) (Again, looks NOT function)
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If ya want a mean pistol for "investment" reasons, get a Cobray from Southern Ohio Gun for $219.
I have met Cobrays that run halfway decent (They STILL jam...)

View Quote

I'll check into that...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
ah, a "my gun is meaner than your gun" person.

mags are getting tough to find.  i am at work right now but send me an e-mail [email protected]  i will find a price and a source when i get home tonight if you want.

they are usually about $40 each 32round stick.

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd listen to McUzi on this one...

Even good-quality semi-autos aren't that great for investing. Believe me, I used to think like you do. Now I just buy what will bring me joy and worry about bans later.

Take the money and spend it on something good. You want a good sidearm to go with the AR? Get yourself a USP, Glock, Sig, or Beretta. Use the money as a down payment. You'll get more back on your "investment" that way.

Edited to add: Having ANY gun will piss of a liberal. Hell they hate TOY guns, so if you want to piss them off on the cheap, buy one of those faux-silver-plated cap-gun cowboy sets and give it to your kid!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not one to support gun bans by any means, but I'll admit that the tec-9 class of gun truly is designed for one thing and one thing only: killing people, and doing it indiscriminately. It has absolutely no other redeeming feature.
View Quote

It's design is a ripoff of the Swedish K.
A gun's design is to shoot bullets.
Whether the bullets are discriminate or not isn't a function of the gun asmuch of the shooter.
I don't support gun bans much either.
Period.
Not, "I don't support gun bans, but..."

That being said, I know [b]EXACTLY[/b] what you mean.

(PS- The thing about them no one wants to admit is they only appeal to Negroes (Who are responsible for 76% of all gun related homocides), and other people who buy the guns they see in the movies.
Not "real" shooters, in the acedemic sense)
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

CDNN has them for $19.

USA Mags was the OEM mag maker for Intratec...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an AB-10. It worked great for the first 200 rounds. Now it does nothing but jam with all factory ammunition I’ve tried.

When CA declared it an assault weapon in 1999, one alternative to registering it was to destroy it. I seriously considered destroying it with gunfire from the AR. It is worthless. It isn’t reliable. The only reason I didn’t destroy it was in the hope that there was a fix out there somewhere for it. Wishful thinking.

I couldn’t find any aftermarket parts and Intratec no longer exists. Spend the $169 on beer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Does it even have the barrel shroud on it?  If not then looks go right out the window.  Nothing like a 32 rnd mag and a 2-1/2" barrel.  If you truly want a mean looking gun plus some investment factor go with a preban Calico M-950.  I have one and absolutely love it.  I have (2) 50 rnd mags valued at over $100 each plus it has a 7.5" barrel and never jams.  However, it will cost you probably around a $1,000 or so but they are worth it.  Truly a revolution in magazine design.  Too bad they were banned.  I would love to see what might of been.  Even if a Tec is forever banned they will never have any worth because nobody wants them in the first place.  Spend that $169 on ammo for your AR instead.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#15]
[url]http://www.sksparts.com/tecparts.html
[/url]
Don't let the name fool you.  They have Intratec parts.  I picked up two replacment bolts for my Tec 22.

The AB-10 uses any mag from DC-9, Tec 9 (basically, different names for the same thing).  But it uses INTRATEC mags.

Well, I'm guessing for the price, it's used.  If not, then it's been in stock for some time.  The price is good, since I've seen AB-10's going for $200+....

Make note.  I have an AB-10 (bought years ago when I was dumb).  Mine could never put it on paper, even w/ a laser.  Reason:  The barrel is screwed up.  I can take a 9mm bullet (.355") and push the thing down the barrel.  That's how loose it is.  I'm better off shooting let or 357 sized....since I have an oversized barrel.

Edited to fix link...wrong one and to add this:

[img]http://www.sksparts.com/muzzleadapterfromtop.jpg[/img]
Muzzle adapter for AB-10's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Man. How often do you find yourself saying this??[:D]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I brought my girl a tec-22 for her birthday...on anything except steel-lipped mags, it jams. I am looking for another one and thought about buying the AB-10...I just haven't found one that cheap.
By the way, if you just want to shoot 9mm in large quantities-get a Ruger P series pistol and some of the 30-round mags.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I brought my girl a tec-22 for her birthday...on anything except steel-lipped mags, it jams. (snip)
View Quote

Mine uses the hot lips quite well, untill I fixed it.  Now it miss feeds.  But I found a 10 rounder that works..... I'll have to look it up and tell ya which one it is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man. How often do you find yourself saying this??[:D]
View Quote

LOL! I was thinking the same thing as I typed it!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#20]
This is one firearm that actually will sneak out and shoot your friends and family in the middle of the night if you don't lock it up!  (of course, if it doesn't jam up while doing so...)[:D]

Tec-9:  preferred by 9 out of 10 leftist leaders!

[url][img]http://libertybelles.org/images/shame/davisguns2.jpg[/img][/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A gun's design is to shoot bullets.
Whether the bullets are discriminate or not isn't a function of the gun asmuch of the shooter.
I don't support gun bans much either.
Period.
Not, "I don't support gun bans, but..."

That being said, I know [b]EXACTLY[/b] what you mean.
View Quote

My take is that if you want to have an M60 for home defense, that's fine by me. Hell, if you want to use it for concealed carry (good luck), be my guest.

I make the distinction with the Tec-9 because it is inherently innacurate even at close range and cannot be used for anything "honest" other than making noise.

AR's, M60's, AK's, handguns, etc., can all be employed with reasonable precision and effectiveness by a reasonably competent and trained individual. They can each be used for any number of legitimate purposes ranging from target practice to plinking to defense. Their reliability ranges from decent to outstanding. Even the cheasyest (sp?) Maadi AK is a better buy than a Tec-9 when it comes to practicality.

This is why I don't shed a tear when they talk of banning these things, even though I know that banning them is the coward's way out. I just think that their presence is a liability to us and threatens our possession of the "good" stuff, which we can defend as I have (at least passably) above.

(PS- The thing about them no one wants to admit is they only appeal to Negroes (Who are responsible for 76% of all gun related homocides), and other people who buy the guns they see in the movies.
Not "real" shooters, in the acedemic sense)
View Quote

Careful. Comments like that won't get you any friendly IM's... even if they are true.

Keep your powder dry...

Edited to add: The photo of Gov. Brilcream of Kalifornia proves my point, at least in part. They're just too easy a target for no good return...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I paid $150 for mine new, I have no reliability problems with it at all, except that I cant hit anything with it, (2-3/4" barrel) it is actually more reliable than my cobray m12! Its only a fun gun, I wouldnt use it for anything else.

But, Its almost not worth shooting good ammo through. I rather shoot another 9mm.

It hasnt been out of my safe in at least a year or 2.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#23]
And what is wrong with appealing to negroes...I think they are cool.....are we going to go back to the Negroetown Saturday night laws? Why can't a black man own a cheap gun? Look at the old laws and see just how rascist they were....sorry ...hijack alert.....when all you got is fifty dollars all you can get is a fifty dollar gun...are you saying that a poor man can not protect himself....hijack alert....THE PRECEDING MESSAGE WAS TO ALERT EVERYONE TO THE MIS-GUIDED THINKING THAT HAS BECOME PART OF AMERICAN THOUGHT ABOUT GUNS.....KEEP ALERT.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#24]
If my comments were interpreted as sanctioning bans on the proverbial "Saturday Night Specials", then I apologize, as no such meaning was intended.

I was speaking strictly about the Tec-9 and the extremely narrow family of guns it resides in.

Cheap handguns are perfectly legit for the reasons you gave as well as for the reasons I gave above concerning intended use.

I just wish Sigs, Glocks, HK's, and Beretta's cost $75! [;)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I think black people should be offended if the TEC-9 was indeed marketed to them. It is an inaccurate POS.

I have no problem with less-expensive firearms being marketed to lower income people, but at least make a gun that works.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Exactly. Also, if the Tec-9 WAS marketed to, shall we say, "people of low character", by trumpeting its concealability, high firepower, fingerprint-resistence, cheapness, etc., then hell, what do you expect? OF COURSE we're going to get slammed for it!

I second 455SD's call for cheaper guns OF QUALITY. Maybe we can get a petition going and convince the Big Boys to start selling 226's, 92's, and SOCOM's for $150?

Yeah, I know. Keep dreaming... [:(]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ah, a "my gun is meaner than your gun" person.

mags are getting tough to find.  i am at work right now but send me an e-mail [email protected]  i will find a price and a source when i get home tonight if you want.

View Quote

sorry, i was wrong.  $25 for 32rnd   $30 for 50
if you buy 4 you get a GI pouch.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Soory I just can't quit... concealability, high firepower, fingerprint-resistence, cheapness--and what is wrong with these....qyuit being defensive about our guns and start being offensive. The liberals and the republicans having made us take a bath for years because we have tried to be polite. WE ARE REDNECKS, WE ARE ARMED AND WE ARE IN YOUR FACE!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Soory I just can't quit... concealability, high firepower, fingerprint-resistence, cheapness--and what is wrong with these....qyuit being defensive about our guns and start being offensive. The liberals and the republicans having made us take a bath for years because we have tried to be polite. WE ARE REDNECKS, WE ARE ARMED AND WE ARE IN YOUR FACE!!!!!
View Quote

I know where you're coming from, but I still think we shoot ourselves in the foot sometimes...

BTW, I am NOT a redneck, I am a SPIC (Spanish Person In Charge!).

So there...  [:p]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#30]
The Tec-9:  The only preban pistol retailing for under 200 bucks.

And there are reasons for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Like I said before, I have problems with cheap or politically offensive firearms. However, I see no reason for owning or advocating a POS that doesn't work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#32]

By the way, if you just want to shoot 9mm in large quantities-get a Ruger P series pistol and some of the 30-round mags.
View Quote

And I thought I was the only Ruger pistol fan here....

Thanks!

I like my cheap P90, 89, 85...

Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#33]
politically offensive firearms---I think that is the reason behind the 2nd......american firearms are supposed to be politically offensive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

And I thought I was the only Ruger pistol fan here....

Thanks!

I like my cheap P90, 89, 85...

View Quote

count me in,

my two P90s are a blast for two hand fire.
Link Posted: 8/24/2002 4:40:40 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a bud who has one,its not bad,sure spits lead,looks nice with the shroud,and FAKE barrel can.(T-9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top