Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2002 10:43:50 PM EDT
[url]http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=3704[/url]
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a surprise move sure to raise outcries from foreign governments, civil liberties groups and others, The White House announced with little fanfare that effective immediately, certain individuals whom President Bush or other high-level Administration members have designated as terrorists are subject to summary execution by either Homeland Security operatives, U.S. intelligence operatives, and in some cases by U.S. military personnel.

The presidential directive applies to both U.S. and foreign citizens, both within and outside the United States territory.

The White House gave notice of the new policy in as quiet a way as possible, making the announcement late Sunday evening from Crawford, Texas. The unprecedented move is thought certain to generate a firestorm of protest from numerous quarters.

Citing national security considerations, Bush Administration spokespersons have declined to comment on the new directive. In light of the President's slippage in recent opinion polls, many political analysts believe the Administration will avoid making any further public references to what is sure to be a very contentious and unpopular decision.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
AIRBORNE![:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, they should put a bounty on all the Al Queda and other terrorists....   By the ear or something, then lets watch the fun [:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you suppose it's possible that people who own AR's and who congregate together could be conveniently designated as terrorists if SHTF?  I just wonder who is making the rules up for defining someone as a terrorist.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What, another consitutional violation by dubya?

Maybe he is going to use the same bullshit excuse he used when signing the Campaign Finance Reform bill. "Well golly gee, this is sure unconstitutional! I am gonna sign it into law anyway and let the Supreme Court fix it."

Oh yes, IIRC the BATF is under the Office of Homeland Security. How do y'all like those apples?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm calling BS on this one.

While the execution of terrorist leaders is, I'm sure, high on the list of things to do in the war on terror, no President is going to announce that they are going to start executing American citizens without due process.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you suppose it's possible that people who own AR's and who congregate together could be conveniently designated as terrorists if SHTF?  I just wonder who is making the rules up for defining someone as a terrorist.
View Quote

exactly.. except Bush has a good record for frying the right people..

keep these decisions at the top and all SHOULD be ok..

let your local folks have the same power.. then evrey black rifle owner beware..
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Read this!

[url]http://www.dailyblah.com/[/url]

One Born Every Minute

Half way down the page.

THISISME

Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

In other words you are saying it is ok for dubya to have his own Central American style Death Squad executing U.S. CITIZENS without due process under the Constitution. Give me a break.

The Republic is lost.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#9]
.....If this policy extends beyond his administration....

.... what prevents a future administration (say anti 2nd, anti gun) from calling 'extreamly vocal people' of the second a terrorists?  Okay, a stretch, but if they want to bann 50's and want to round them up....and some 'resist'..... they can call them a terrorist....

Okay, a far stretch if you understood..... The Republic has been lost....
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#10]
It's BULLSH!T guys.

There is NO presidential directive, NO death squads, NO NEWS.

One Born Every Minute

Funny that I should get so wound up by a badly-written Reuters story today. Yesterday I had to assure a friend, an intelligent and well-educated friend, that the following e-mail spoof she received was not a real Reuters story:

Bush OK's Summary Executions Of Some Designated As Terrorists
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a surprise move sure to raise outcries from
foreign governments, civil liberties groups and others, The White House
today announced with little fanfare that effective immediately, certain
individuals whom President Bush or other high-level Administration
members have designated as terrorists are subject to summary execution
by either Homeland Security operatives, U.S. intelligence operatives,
and in some cases by U.S. military personnel.
The presidential directive applies to both U.S. and foreign citizens,
both within and outside the United States territory.
The White House gave notice of the new policy in as quiet a way as
possible, making the announcement late Sunday evening from Crawford,
Texas. The unprecedented move is thought certain to generate a firestorm
of protest from numerous quarters.

Part of my reasoning for why it was obviously fake, apart from the utterly ludicrous suggestion that the White House could keep a policy like that quiet by releasing it late Sunday, was the poor reporting and the poor wording. "They didn't quote anyone," I said. "And the writing is practically illiterate. I mean, 'numerous quarters?' 'Sure to raise outcries?'" I should have held my tongue. Evidently, the Appleson piece is life's way of showing me that a real Reuters story can be every bit as badly done as a fake one.

The hoax story made me curious, though. Who put it out there, and to what purpose? I mean, I'm no friend of Bush or the near-dictatorial arrogance of his administration, but spreading bullshit stories about executions is no way to fight it. It's not even a particularly amusing way to satirize it. All it does is cry wolf, and make the real crimes -- the detainment of thousands of unnamed citizens, the bid to light the Middle East tinderbox by attacking Iraq -- seem mild by comparison. If I was the conspiracy theory type, I might suggest the e-mail itself emanated from Crawford. Good thing I'm not the conspiracy theory type, eh?
View Quote

[url]www.dailyblah.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

In other words you are saying it is ok for dubya to have his own Central American style Death Squad executing U.S. CITIZENS without due process under the Constitution. Give me a break.

The Republic is lost.
View Quote

Yes exactly... bush says YOU are a terroist.. bye-bye..

Ive seen him turn down many .... almost all appeals for clemancy here in TX..  After your due process.. you fry.

I also said after it leaves his controll and its handed to the local folks..  then yes all is lost.

BTW... dont you think the republic has BEEN lost for a while now?

How many "Johny Walkers" and that Chicago guy do you need to pay trails for..  before you just say... "You did what?"..fry the fucker..

is the story a joke/scam/not true.. yes ... but I can dream cant I..

again, gentlemen the republic has been loist for a while now...

If moves like this where to take place it would be a step in the right direction...

then the local Barney Fife would get a hold of it ... and turn all the progress around.

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 3:16:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Hehe, why is it not surprising that Imbroglio believed this ridiculous BS?
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Dropping a bomb on them is essentially the same as a "summary execution," yet no one gets their panties in a wad over that because it doesn't stroke a paranoid SHTF fantasy.  Why anyone would think the administration would announce this sort of thing, or think that GWB is somehow opening the door to future presidents or the BATF to do the same to us, is laughable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Hell, I was hoping it was true, the government shooting a few always complaining dick biting foreigners a week would lift the spirits of the American people.   And how did that song go,  "I'm proud to be an American"
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=3704[/url]
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a surprise move sure to raise outcries from foreign governments, civil liberties groups and others, The White House announced with little fanfare that effective immediately, certain individuals whom President Bush or other high-level Administration members have designated as terrorists are subject to summary execution by either Homeland Security operatives, U.S. intelligence operatives, and in some cases by U.S. military personnel.

View Quote

OF course this is B.S.

Except for the fact that the above paragraph is an exact description of the war in Afghanistan.

And every war that has ever been fought.

Summary execution of bad people.

Its life. Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

let your local folks have the same power.. then evrey black rifle owner beware..
View Quote

Right people, yeah right!! Thats why we targeted Pakistan and Saudi Arabia! NOT!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top