Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2002 12:05:32 PM EDT
Went in yesterday and he got 3 drugs for the mast cell cancer. Right as we were leaving the exam room, a couple came out of another room crying after they put their dog to sleep. Really made me feel shitty all day.

The chemo doesn't seem to be affecting my dog negatively at all today. 2 more treatments to go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My pup developed an over night systemic staph infection...unknown origin...she's hurtin' to...
hope yours gets better...
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck with your pooch.

Don't be afraid to look into a cleansing diet, preservative free natural food (PHD is great, but there are others), immune system "boosters," etc.  You'll probably have to go to a vet that practices supplemental medicine (in addition to traditional medicine), but I have seen the results and they are simply amazing!

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bryan,
Best of luck to you and your best friend. I hope you guys have many more years together.
I can't express the love I have for my dog, nor can I express the pain that seeing her suffer would cause me.
I honestly believe that I would take a human life rather than let them hurt/maim/kill my dog.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope all works out fine for you guys.

I had a bad scare not too long ago with Teddy.  He is fine now, turns out he had an injury nothing serious...but it sure scared the hell out of me.

Good luck, and may your pup live a long and healthy life.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Imbroglio

Hope your baby kick's the cancers ass.
I cant say anything more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I just went through this with a friend of mine.  His dog was older though; she went through a few rounds of chemo, didn't respond well at all, and he ended up putting her down a month later.  It's a lot of money, but as I told him at the time, it's not like you can NOT do everything possible, even if it does make you poor.

Hope everything turns out well for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Imbro,
what's the name of your pup ??
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The wife will be lighting a candle for your pooch's recovery!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck to all, I love dogs ! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Imbro,
what's the name of your pup ??
View Quote

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Ftester2%2Ejpg[/img]

Aki, 13 years old.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck with your pooch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top