Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2002 12:27:15 PM EDT
Maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this world wide observence of the death anniversery of a guy who drank and drugged himself into oblivion is just a little wierd.  Don't get me wrong, I was in high school when "Heartbreak Hotel" was released and I thought it was great. Enjoyed a great deal of Elvis's early stuff.

But, heck, most of us grow up and move on to other things. Frankly, his later work was sloppy, repetitive, and he's DEAD guys. Why don't these nut case "fans" move on with their lives.

(Wonder how many flaming responses this gets???)[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Concur 100%

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The King is dead.  Long live the King.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Concur 100%
View Quote

I second that[X]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Elvis bashing is un-American.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0NQB1bvoStPNSu*Vf*cgkA8xPYHxqvvJCT8l4wWwkE0jLnEbJMS*f3OOUEMQzXjj!2*tWM5nmMT8YnQlC0O9kGg/frG.jpg[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0NgB0cHITJQwzVh25ztO6IxNXyIap10w!WTIQcHTj*EE1!!RsVmS4OZcDcaki8nWD*gEcETYQflaeNI!a7Vtqhg/Evis.jpg[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAAAOgXFCj5M5LMPUjsHjGk7WhciCunRJNUcX7CYDrqcMaSfu1YaDTsxqxP5!IJwnQbawOu8V2CekSEY2bJmw8ne6P2NYYDWMIaBRlAbyU/Elvis-in-a-hat.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#6]
It certainly is American. I am practicing my 1st amendment right. I can bash anyone or anything I would like to bash, including Unions, Big Business or Mickey Mouse.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
He didn't die---he just went home.......
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgD7d!0XJhymKywehEIoc8pwJQjKxMxAZUNj!EOdS1UkJVzKtoyy3b5tu1sLc6QiNXvC9EW1cZxSaEKasUcjwQrni1ivbEMCBK**WkEp5G0/elvis-nixon_hj50.jpg[/img]

It certainly is American. I am practicing my 1st amendment right. I can bash anyone or anything I would like to bash, including Unions, Big Business or Mickey Mouse.
View Quote

Talk that trash outside of Graceland.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, at least you guys don't have to put up with the yearly throng of Elvis impersonators, black velvet Elvis rugs, and the polyester crowd that shows up here in Memphis.
Personally I don't care for the man's music and I am in no way saying that everyone who likes him wears leisure suits.  However, that seems to be what shows up here annually.
I'll be okay though as long as they don't bring back green shag carpet!

E-95
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I am in no way saying that everyone who likes him wears leisure suits. However, that seems to be what shows up here annually.
View Quote

And just what is wrong with that?
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/sacred_heart_of_elvis.small.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
GOING TO GRACELAND we're going today! i'm so happy i just can't wait!
gonna see the place where elvis presley died when we get to graceland we'll have to ride a bus we'd better watch our language or the guards'll beat us up we'll get to make some cheap jokes and buy cheaper souvenirs if this were disneyland i'd buy a pair of elvis ears they say it costs eight-fifty just to see his house where they keep all his records and his fifteen foot long couch it might seem like a rip-off but i'm going anyway we're going to graceland today going to graceland it's gonna be great! i'm so happy i just can't wait! gonna see the bucket that elvis presley kicked going to graceland gonna be fun we'll get to see all of elvis's guns gonna tell us all about his favorite tv shows going to graceland we'll stand in line we'll get to have a wild time gonna get to buy love me tender shampoo when my time comes that's how i wanna go - stoned and fat and wealthy and sitting on the bowl lots of people say that it's sad the king is gone well elvis might be dead but his cash flow lives on i'll be so excited when i see the jungle room where elvis made some records including moody blue graceland is calling me i just can't stay away we're going to graceland today going to graceland we're gonna cut lose there's plenty of tourists for us to goose we're gonna act real stupid and try to pick up girls going to graceland we're gonna go wild gonna go to his grave and try to smile gonna buy velvet painings and elvis presley forks going to graceland we're going to graceland we're going to graceland we're going to graceland going to graceland we're going to hell we're gonna sing heartbreak hotel gonna see the uniform that elvis presley wore what are we waiting for? let's leave right now we're going to graceland and i don't care how e pluribus elvis that's what i say we're going to graceland today
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Elvis was ok he opened doors for many Black Singers and bands. Even though it should have been the other way around. It's  a shame how he hit rock bottom.
It is just a reminder no matter who you are and what you have Death is the end result. Drinking and Drugging is a one way street. If we learn anything from Janis, Hendrix, Curt Cobain, Belushi just to name a few others
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Who's Elvis? is he that fat guy wearing the funny outfits? looks queer to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Dead and Rotten.....But Not Forgotten
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like you guys should be Memphians! We look forward to this time of year when the geeks come to town so we can laugh at them!... not to mention the WORLD FAMOUS! [b]"DEAD ELVIS BALL"[/b]...come on the guy is buried in his back yard like a hampster!
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
He was a drug-addicted has-been who overdosed and died on the crapper. Addicted to drugs since the 60's and couldn't handle his own success. Yes' some of his was music is good, enjoy some myself. But he was a media made entertainer who finally killed himself. Look at the long carrers of people like Neil Diamond, still packs a house where ever he performs. In his 60's and handles his success better now than ever. Elvis is dead, get on with your life. Worship a real hero like Jesus Christ. He is also successful.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate that pot bellied, pill popping, greasy haired, snarly lipped looking egomaniac.
View Quote

Only because he never did a hip-grinding version of "Nagilah Havah".
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[url]http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/sacred_heart_of_elvis.small.gif[/url]
View Quote

Thank you; you saved me about 40 minutes of Photochopping.
The anniversary of Elvis' death is the American version of celebrating Easter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Elvis is hanging out with Andy Kaufman, Jimmy Hoffa and L. Ron Hubbard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top