Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 12:08:11 AM EDT
She loves her iPhone 4, and uses it all the time.  However her eyesight isn't as good as it once was, and it's sometimes difficult to read.

We have a macbook pro 17", but it's too heavy and bulky for casual use.

So naturally, I was thinking about getting her an iPad, and she herself as mentioned she wants an iPad.  But her best friend who had an iPad first, then got an iPhone says that she barely uses her iPad anymore.  Hmmmm....

I'd rather not spend $700.00 on a coffee table coaster.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyone I know with an Ipad loves it.

A friend that works for Apple says they're blown away by the demand. Apparently there's a push to integrate them into the classroom.

She'll likely enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The iphone 5 is considerably better than the 4/4s. Screen is bigger and better, LTE connection is MUCH faster, Siri actually works too.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
She loves her iPhone 4, and uses it all the time.  However her eyesight isn't as good as it once was, and it's sometimes difficult to read.

So naturally, I was thinking about getting her an iPad, and she herself as mentioned she wants an iPad.  But her best friend who had an iPad first, then got an iPhone says that she barely uses her iPad anymore.  Hmmmm....

Honestly I thought of one thing... a trip to LensCrafters or your preference of eye glass maker.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I thought of one thing... a trip to LensCrafters or your preference of eye glass maker.

You're actually right about that, but shes a little too proud still to admit that she needs bifocals.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both and I use my Iphone much more than the Ipad. That said, I love my Ipad and use it every night and morning to sort of check out what is going on with work and the rest of the world from the comfort of my bed. It works for what I need it for. It's not a work station but more a surf station.  Worth every penny IMHO.

Edit: And I am blind as a bat, so it nice to be able to read a screen without my contacts or glasses.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're actually right about that, but shes a little too proud still to admit that she needs bifocals.  

Yeah, it sucks aging. They do make them seamless and for less then buying new electronic products every couple of years.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#8]
TBH the iPad is just a giant iPhone, she'll use the iPhone and iPad for the same things. If you think she'll use the bigger screen then the cash is worth it.

I would recommend the iPad mini, but it's a massive rip off at the moment. If you wanted to go down the 7" route then the Android tablets are so much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top