Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 6:49:41 PM EDT
Caught BOA Credit Card stealing my money
Back in Sept. an online tire retailer was dragging their feet with my refund and I disputed the charge to get my money back.

I got my money back and all was well till about a week ago when the BOA credit card people took another sum of money out of my account and sent it to the tire place

Now I caught them and they say the people who can correct the error arn't in the office till friday.
BOA Credit Card

You bastards double credited a merchant on my dime because of your shoddy accounting practices.......

Now get your shit together and get it fixed so I can go black friday shopping damn it!

I'm gonna miss all the good sales now.............

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you dispute a charge that BoA did?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Can you dispute a charge that BoA did?

I have no idea

First they said it was a fraudulent merchant transaction, till they found out they themselves (BOA) were the ones to blame for the fraudulent charge

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I caught them and they say the people who can correct the error arn't in the office till friday

BS, chain of command is always present.  The boss has somebody below him that can act on his behalf in his absence.  They were just trying to get you off the phone.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
BoA is, by far, the most hated financial institution in America. Bar none.

I have *NEVER* heard ANYONE say anything remotely good or redeeming about them. They almost make it a marketing talking point about how much they are hated and how they like to fuck their customers.

They make Wells Fargo and Chase look like fucking Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Back in Sept. an online tire retailer was dragging their feet with my refund and I disputed the charge to get my money back.

I got my money back and all was well till about a week ago when the BOA credit card people took another sum of money out of my account and sent it to the tire place

Now I caught them and they say the people who can correct the error arn't in the office till friday.

BOA Credit Card

You bastards double credited a merchant on my dime because of your shoddy accounting practices.......

Now get your shit together and get it fixed so I can go black friday shopping damn it!

Just because one contests a charge, that doesn't automatically mean your gonna get your money back. The credit card company has to weigh both sides of the issue...if they didn't....everyone would buy stuff then contest it to get their money back.

Sounds like maybe they decided in favor of the tire company.

If you are in the right, I hope you get your dough back.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

Just because one contests a charge, that doesn't automatically mean your gonna get your money back. The credit card company has to weigh both sides of the issue...if they didn't....everyone would buy stuff then contest it to get their money back.
Sounds like maybe they decided in favor of the tire company.
If you are in the right, I hope you get your dough back.

Not sure how they would come to that conclusion
Turned out that the tires I ordered weren't actually in stock and they weren't getting anymore in......I asked for my refund and the retailer drug their feet

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have *NEVER* heard ANYONE say anything remotely good or redeeming about them. They almost make it a marketing talking point about how much they are hated and how they like to fuck their customers.

They make Wells Fargo and Chase look like fucking Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

People have a hard time reading the fine print, refuse to do it, then bitch when they get bit.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
4 out of 10
Only 3 curse words, no draw down or MSpaint
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Why in the holy hell do you do business with them?  credut union and never look back.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

If you can't afford to buy the shit you want on black friday because your credit card was over charged you need to rethink your purchasing
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

If you can't afford to buy the shit you want on black friday because your credit card was over charged you need to rethink your purchasing

Some people dont like carrying a few grand in their back pocket when shopping

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#12]
My mother passed away last May. She had accounts with BOA, The San Antonio Credit Union and one other institution, the name of which I can't recall. Both SACU and the unnamed institution were helpful, easy to work with and genuinely concerned about working with us. We had things wrapped up with them in a matter of days. We're still trying to resolve things with BOA.

Fuck BOA.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

Check books. Debit cards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been with BOA for about 12 years. They have been great to me, even when dealing with incidents like fraud.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Ph*ck BoA.

Most folks don't know that BoA transferred trillions in bad credit default swap from their investment branch over to their savings branch (hey, no Glass-Steagall to stop them from it).  When that takes a crap, the FDIC (we the sheeple) eat the loss.  

Ph*ck BoA.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

debit cards

Yes, even better to use so someone can drain your cash.

Hey David Ramsey, CC are great tools.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#17]
serves you right, BoA gives bank accounts to illegals. I boycotted them years ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

debit cards

except debit cards are protected the same as your credit card. When i still had BOA my debit card number was stolen, i had the money back in my account in less than 8 hours.

The OP said he would have to miss on good sales because his credit card wass overcharged, leads me to believe he will be buying crap he doesn't need with money he doesn't have.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

debit cards

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Why are you giving Bank of ACORN your business?   They are extremely anti gun and gleefully support groups like LaRaza and ACORN.  Before ACORN was dismantled and renamed they bragged about all the money they gave them right on their website.  Last I knew they still were bragging about supporting LaRaza.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

debit cards

except debit cards are protected the same as your credit card. When i still had BOA my debit card number was stolen, i had the money back in my account in less than 8 hours.
 The OP said he would have to miss on good sales because his credit card wass overcharged, leads me to believe he will be buying crap he doesn't need with money he doesn't have.

And what would have happened if the same situation occurred with the thread starters debit card?

Oh, he'd be out real cash.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#22]

You Ramsey fans stick out like sore thumbs
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#25]
This is why I never give anyone access to my bank account.  My credit cards are with one bank and my accounts with another.  That way if there's an issue they can't help themselves to my money.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#26]
BoA let the state yank every penny out of my checking and savings because I was a few hundred behind in child support. Emphasis in a few hundred. NOT TWELVE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED dollars out of my checking account plus my savings. I literally strangled the merchant to tell me who what why and where the money went but they played the "I dunno" game til I found out a week later that my ex bought a new car and a fresh place to live. Then BoA said the state took it.

I closed my account and withdrew my $0.72 and threw it at the bullet proof window and walked out. Fuck her, Fuck BoA, Fuck BHO! I used to cash my checks and put them in the safe. Trusted a bank once.. Now it's back to bills and a safe..

I'm done with banks. PERIOD!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BoA let the state yank every penny out of my checking and savings because I was a few hundred behind in child support. Emphasis in a few hundred. NOT TWELVE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED dollars out of my checking account plus my savings. I literally strangled the merchant to tell me who what why and where the money went but they played the "I dunno" game til I found out a week later that my ex bought a new car and a fresh place to live. Then BoA said the state took it.

I closed my account and withdrew my $0.72 and threw it at the bullet proof window and walked out. Fuck her, Fuck BoA, Fuck BHO! I used to cash my checks and put them in the safe. Trusted a bank once.. Now it's back to bills and a safe..

You realize it isn't the banks fault you had money withdrawn from your account, right?

Personal responsibility, what is it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#28]
We used to use BoA at work, until we discontinued a service which was being paid by auto debit, and BoA, every single month afterward, even though we discontinued the auto debit service, removed $1500 from the business account, held it in limbo for a week, and then put it back.

Every month, we complained to them, and they said they would fix it.

Every month, they failed to fix it.

Finally, WE fixed it our damned selves. Fuck BoA.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

debit cards

except debit cards are protected the same as your credit card.

This is not true. Credit cards companies have their own set of rules.  Bank debit cards fall under a different set of rules. Best to know the difference before you learn the hard way...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wisdom from these two gentlemen.

BOA bought my mortgage (third buyer in 6 years).  What a fucking goatscrew they are.  

I used to call in extra principal payments and they wanted to charge me for the phone transaction... even when their website didn't allow straight principal payments to be made on an account.

Closing the mortgage out (even though I owed them 0.00) was incredibly painful.  This reminds me that I need to call the county and ensure the lein on the title has been lifted.

FUCK BoA with a rusty, aids-covered bulldozer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You were behind a "few hundred" in child support, but had over $12,000 in the bank? Responsibility, how does it work?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Just because you contested and got money back doesn't mean the retailer can't provide proof of a valid sale.  I used to deal with this all the time as a merchant.  All cc agreements spell out timelines to settle.  BOA in the letters they send me always says the merchant has x amount of time to appeal.

Was this fraud charges or were you just not happy with the tire place.  The full story if you will.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Stop using primary dealers and bailout banks.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

debit cards

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q115/tommytrauma/jerkit.gif
yeah why would one want to pay it off every month giving them no interest but still  earn points for shit and  money ?

seems like a suckers bet

I get a decent return every year putting all my fuel on a card

if I paid cash or used a debit card I'd get squat

If they are gonna rape a retailer for their % to run the card I might as well do my part to get some of that %

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why were you behind in payments, BOA didn't let them, they had a legal order compelling them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

What you have failed to mention is whether the merchant ever processed your refund! Chances are they evenually did. Assuming that is correct, you had one original charge, then disputed that charge (at which time BofA credited back your account). Then the merchant's credit was finally processed. Now you have one charge and TWO credits. By rights to make everything even, the bank should take an additional charge (making it two charges and two credits).

By the way, what your should have done is dispute the credit, not the original charge.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

If you card is maxed you should probably stay home.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were behind a "few hundred" in child support, but had over $12,000 in the bank? Responsibility, how does it work?

Yes, do tell!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

I don't feel sorry for people who bank with BOA. That level of stupidity is way the hell up there.

It's like feeling sorry for someone who juggles 10 or more steak knives.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOA Credit Card

debit cards

except debit cards are protected the same as your credit card.

This is not true. Credit cards companies have their own set of rules.  Bank debit cards fall under a different set of rules. Best to know the difference before you learn the hard way...

Have learned "the hard way". Debit card. Fraudulent transaction. One phone call. Money refunded within the day, attestation mailed to me for signature. Painless.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Stupid banks and there stupid "complying with laws."

What the fuck were they thinking, those motherfucking fucks!  You show 'em, stuff that shit in your mattress.  Besides you'll earn protein-rich skin mite feces interest that way, much better then that scam the banks offer and tasty!

Might want to invest in a fire extinguisher, but hey I think you can right it off on your taxes now?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

debit cards

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q115/tommytrauma/jerkit.gif
yeah why would one want to pay it off every month giving them no interest but still  earn points for shit and  money ?
seems like a suckers bet

I get a decent return every year putting all my fuel on a card
if I paid cash or used a debit card I'd get squat

If they are gonna rape a retailer for their % to run the card I might as well do my part to get some of that %

I never said a word about credit cards being 'bad'. I cited checks and debit cards as an alternative to carrying a wad of cash  in response to finga's post about shopping without a CC. h3 came up with all the rest  on his own.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#45]
You have no business shopping on friday if your financial situations demands you have whatever paltry sum of money placed back on your CC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top