Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:32 PM EDT
as much as i hate the green bay fucking packers... aaron rodgers is the man in my book!

link
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
as much as i hate the green bay fucking packers

saw this when I hovered over the read in GD and I thought "This guy has to be a FIB."

That was very nice of him to do that for her. Don't seem to hear stories like this on the news though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the goosebumps.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, that was cool of him!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow. That was awesome

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't want my kids to ever meet anyone famous like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You read it wrong. He meant...in that manner.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
60 Minutes just did a piece on Aaron Rodgers.  Don't know how many of you saw it, but it turns out he's actually a very shy, somewhat socially awkward guy.  So for him to put himself out like that is pretty damn classy in my book.

I'm not above recognizing a thoroughly decent human being just because he plays for a sports team I root against.  Consider me now an Aaron Rodgers fan.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]
You can love a team, or hate a team, but there are some players that are just class acts, and Rodgers is one of them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the link, good man.  Spend time with your kids, folks.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty cool.   Thanks for the link.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
That was worth watching.

I hope someday that I can bring that much joy to a child just by showing up.  Until then I'll live vicariously.

And I'm a Bengal's fan.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You can love a team, or hate a team, but there are some players that are just class acts, and Rodgers is one of them.

i concur
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I was at a game at Lambeau a couple weeks back, had great 3rd row end-zone seats by the tunnel to the Packers locker room.   Halftime I was watching the Packers exit the field to the locker room and naturally everyone's in a rush.  Mind you it was the last homegame of October with the whole brest Cancer Awarness thing going on with the pink Jerseys everywhere.  Rogers pauses on his way off the field and took maybe 10s to give a young girl in pink (the daughter of a cancer survivor there with her mom I think) the high five, a word, and a smile.

That may have been the most awsome 10s of that girls life.  

I know it went unnoticed by 99% the other 58,000 people there.  I happened to catch it.   The guy is a class act.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I would never want to be famous, but if there were one good reason for being so, being able to do things like that would be it. I can do a lot as just me, but there is something special about a kid getting to meet a hero, and that hero being as nice as they could be.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This man speaks the truth. My wife and I are in a childrens hospital with our 3 year old son right now. He is miserable, he has a bone infection that he is being treated for.

You never know when something bad will happen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]
did the little girl say she expected him to be taller ?

I keed I keed  neat video

Holy crap packers shrine in those people's basement

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This man speaks the truth. My wife and I are in a childrens hospital with our 3 year old son right now. He is miserable, he has a bone infection that he is being treated for.

I am very, very sorry for your son. I will keep him in my prayers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Lots of pro players, NFL, MLB, NBA do things like that.

Unfortunately you can sometimes see that they're only doing it for pub or because they're obligated.

Very nice to see a genuine interaction between a great QB and a littlest fan.  

I don't have any links or anything but DeMarcus Ware is another who truly takes the time to visit with the little ones who appreciate it the most.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:26:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was at a game at Lambeau a couple weeks back, had great 3rd row end-zone seats by the tunnel to the Packers locker room.   Halftime I was watching the Packers exit the field to the locker room and naturally everyone's in a rush.  Mind you it was the last homegame of October with the whole brest Cancer Awarness thing going on with the pink Jerseys everywhere.  Rogers pauses on his way off the field and took maybe 10s to give a young girl in pink (the daughter of a cancer survivor there with her mom I think) the high five, a word, and a smile.

That may have been the most awsome 10s of that girls life.  

I know it went unnoticed by 99% the other 58,000 people there.  I happened to catch it.   The guy is a class act.

the man is a true sports hero and class act!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:26:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

im keeping your family in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#26]
my nephew was diagnosed with Adrenoleukodystrophy (highlighted by the movie "Lorenzo's Oil") back in the early 90's.

a pretty rare disease which the long chain fatty acids attack the covering of the central nervous system.  

back then, prognosis was death.....

a lot of trips to the Mayo Clinic / John Hopkins Clinics in both Minneapolis and Baltimore were routine on a shoestring budget.

the devotions of my sister and bil was highlighted in the Milwaukee Journal and the GB Packers picked up on it.  

the GB Packers sent to the house a fully autopgraphed football (Farve, White, Driver, etc..) and jersys which now resides in the family heirloom case along with pictures of Joey who passed shortly thereafter.  

the Packers, along with many other sport's teams, show true class in times like this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Very cool of him to do.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Very nice video, thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Good on him. Very cool thing to do.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
that takes class

Rodgers did good in my book

For all the douchebaggery that is the NFL, it makes me smile to see that there still are people with class and honor that play this game

Call me whatever you want, but why is it always the white guys that do stuff like this, while the blacks can't stay out of trouble with the law, and are arrogant as hell?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for sharing that.  Very cool of him.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Go Pack Go!

He (Rodgers) is one stand up guy, helps a lot in donating to our charity.  We were filming a TV spot with him once, and the crowd included 3 PeeWee football teams.  When the show was over, instead of leaving, he sat back and signed something for every kid there.  Most players bail after signing a few items.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that takes class

For all the douchebaggery that is the NFL, it makes me smile to see that there still are people with class and honor that play this game

Call me whatever you want, but why is it always the white guys that do stuff like this, while the blacks can't stay out of trouble with the law, and are arrogant as hell?

There are several Texans players of each race that are involved with different charities.  But keep painting with a broad brush.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am very, very sorry for your son. I will keep him in my prayers.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that takes class

There are several Texans players of each race that are involved with different charities.  But keep painting with a broad brush.

UAF, read this

edit: sorry, not you, UAF.  i got lost in the quote tree.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that takes class

UAF, read this

Very cool. Problem is you don't usually hear abut the good things any of them do, but the bad shit hits the media immediately.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#37]
god bless that beautiful little Angel and all the poor little kids that have to deal with that monster, they're all in my prayers.

As far as Rodgers goes, anyone in the "spotlight" who takes time to bring attention to this type of thing are good to go in my book, thank god for folks like him that help ease the pain a little, and bring the attention to issues such as cancer.

One day, this evil thing will be defeated.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for donating your time Mr Rodgers.

Well done sir.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:41:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that takes class

wide brush you got there
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that takes class

Racist©  

Charles Woodson has done some great work too as a Packer.  Just recently he donated $100,000 to help Sandy victims.  A few years ago he donated 2 million dollars to the University of Michigan Children's Hospital.  He happens to be black.

Good people are good people....douchebag criminals are douchebag criminals, regardless of race.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:07:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Add one more reason why the Packers are my favorite team.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that takes class

Racist©  
 Charles Woodson has done some great work too as a Packer.  Just recently he donated $100,000 to help Sandy victims.  A few years ago he donated 2 million dollars to the University of Michigan Children's Hospital.  He happens to be black.
Good people are good people....douchebag criminals are douchebag criminals, regardless of race.

Ndamukong Suh is kinda a fucker on the field , but is pretty widely known for visiting childrens hospitals and such with little to no PR

and being very charitable to the tune of millions a year

Plus all his NFL fine money goes to charity as well

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top