Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 7:13:33 PM EDT
A co worker who recently retired game me a working CVC, innards and all
for free.  My plan is to get the shell painted up and looking nice and giving it
to my son (In 1CD) for Christmas along with a nice CVC bag.  

What is your unit's guidelines on CVC color?  When I was in we could have
them painted OD, Tan, or Black.  I was thinking of taking it to get a custom
paint job on it.  Nothing super gaudy, but sort of "Jazzed up" a little.

He's an 11B, and a dismount right now, but he'll be in the turret
or driving eventually I'm sure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Those things get the crap beat out of them. Unless he has been in the unit for awhile don't give him anything to make him stand out more. We were brutal to new guys. Didn't learn their names for about the first 3 weeks. They were all Dick. As in come er Dick, don't touch that Dick. You get the point 19D. Scouts out
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine were always tan, but I have seen OD and sharpie artwork with hardly an eyebrow raised.

1-5 Cav, 2BCT, 1CD
2002-2010
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine were always tan, but I have seen OD and sharpie artwork with hardly an eyebrow raised.

1-5 Cav, 2BCT, 1CD
2002-2010

I wasn't thinking anything wild.  Maybe last name on the back/front,
He really likes the family crest, too, so maybe a small one of those on the back or
something.  

I was with 1-7 Cav when it was assigned
to 4th Brigade (1995-8)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top