Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2002 9:51:26 PM EDT
No, I will not be bothered by accidental spelling mistakes nor will I point any of them out. Intentional mistakes such as using standard British spelling piss me off. Remember that without meaning to insult anyones heritage, that British spelling has nothing to do with English, but is merely the result of centuries of inbreeding with  the French and bastardizing both languages by standardizing spellings between them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a jerk weed from canada to me.

talk about bastardizing english and french.

LOL...
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Your comments are a little off colour. You should honour out language. I hope your not trying to start an arguement. Maybe we can meet somewhere near the centre. [:D]

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, you guys called me a Nazi for pointing out the obvious. As far as arguments go you started it. Let it happen here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
oaa- I would imagine hes thinking "not bloody likely".
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hell, you guys called me a Nazi for pointing out the obvious. As far as arguments go you started it. Let it happen here.
View Quote

What in the world are you talking about? Who started what arguement?

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What in the world are you talking about? Who started what arguement?

View Quote
Comment by LarryG"what is your favourite"
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
People who take a hard line on American vs British spellings piss me off. Language is for communication, if the person you write for understands, that is all there should be to it.

The only people in real life penalized for making errors, and the only people in real life appreciated for being spelling nazis are school students. Once you get to college, nobody gives a crap whether you say center or centre as long as you convey the important stuff. As far as important stuff goes, spelling isn't.

There's an understandable reason to take the American vs British spelling hardline, that is because of the American war of Independence. To maintain such fervor 'till today is as silly and childish as those who want to burn the confederate flag, etc.

They lost the damn war, that was a long time ago. So use the American spelling whenever the hell you want. The rest of the english speaking world uses British spelling. So use the British spelling whenever the hell you want.

But why hassle other people about the way they want to spell? Is your life so bankrupt that you generate so much hate within yourself over what is really just a really petty issue?

And don't you guys up there in Canada, as proud members of the Commonwealth, spell with the Queens English?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
French People Piss me off!

English People who think that they speak proper English piss me off!  

Blame Canada! Blame Canada! With their beady little Eyes and their mouths so full of lies!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Fireboss,

I looked at the thread you are speaking of, and I would have had a problem with it also. If you would have mentioned in passing that the English spelling of words drove you crazy it would have been one thing, but without even replying to the question in the thread, and with only 14 post under your belt on this board, you insult someone's intelligence.

Your post was an insult to Edward. You were nit picking. How would you have taken it if someone picked apart your simple one line response and said. "You're right Fireboss, favourite does not have a capital "U" in it. However, Edward correctly used a lower case "u", so maybe you should take some lessons on using the alphabet correctly before you reply".
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Do not fear the spelling Nazi.  Fear the Grammar Nazi.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I heard he was rounding up anyone with a typo in their posts and sending them off to some kind of spelling bee camp.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah. Whether it's barnyard fertiliser, or barnyard fertilizer, or just plain old B.S., it still all smells pretty much the same.

Interesting that crow is spelled the same in both languages...probably tastes the same, too.

NMSight
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#13]
"Intentional mistakes"???????
WTF is an 'intentional mistake'??
English is simply the result of Norman men-at-arms trying to get laid by Saxon bar maids.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
N.A.Z.I is actually the correct spelling.

Although NAZI is also acceptable.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#15]
It's abooooooooooooooooooot spelling is it, eh?[BD]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
eye kant beleaf eym repliiing too thiz thred?.!

ballmeng
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#17]
"moron" is the correct spelling no matter how you slice it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Prolly
View Quote

[pissed]

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#20]
yawnnnnnnnnnnn

i can't beleive that i'm responding to a thread, about a guy that has nothing better to do than check spelling in other threads, then complain about it in his own thread, and then is a called a spelling nazi for trying to police up the boards of mis-spelled words.....
wait...
i have better things to do.
LMAO AT THIS WHOLE TOPIC.
colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top