Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2002 3:19:54 PM EDT
After 9-11 to pretend that everything is the same and that we are not in some state of war is ignorant, Call me a softy, ( or maybe my hormones are getting to me) But I hate what’s going on. I don’t feel safe anymore in my own land. AND That SCARES ME.. [:(]

-I'm afraid of easily scared people. That tend to abandon critical thinking skills when their fear gets out of hand.
All the new laws and restrictions that ARE and WILL come out off this situation.

[b]“in order to have freedom we must be slaves of the law”[/b]

After 9-11, that quote, ( for me) took a whole different meaning And that scares me

There are really ENOUGH laws on the books and there is little need for a raft of new ones. Laws won't protect you, this country, people in other countries or the world in general....it is the ENFORCEMENT of the laws we already have in a right and just manner (and correct legal challenges to those laws that overstep pre-existing constitutional guidelines)that will be the most beneficial.  

The people who originally described and outlined those rights were wise beyond measure when compared to our current governmental apparatus. They knew the tyranny that can arise from fear and oppression.

The atmosphere has certainly changed but people have to be vigilant in keeping the "new" laws and law enforcement agencies legal and constitutional.

Now I have a question :

Which do you fear more,

A: Terrorist attack by crazy, stupid, retarted Islamic Fundamentalist asswipes, or

B: The rape of the US Constitution by the very people that are sworn to uphold it.

Uh, hmmmmmm ...... let me see ..... terrorist got around 3,500 people, three buildings and four planes ..... that hurts…. That scares me… oh yea, and  a field ............ while B: attacks around ..... uh ...... somewhere near 250,000,000 people.

And thats even scarier [:(]

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]B: The rape of the US Constitution by the very people that are sworn to uphold it.[/b]

Hands down.  

But 9/11 just accelerated the rape.  It's been ongoing for decades.  It's the normal condition of government.

It's coming to the point where "they" will have to disarm "us" if "they" want to continue to usurp power.

There's an ancient Chinese curse:  "May you live in interesting times."

Boy, don't we?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine was in a motorcycle accident in high-school, and lost the use of his legs.
Of all the things he wasn't able to do anymore, the one thing he said bugged him the most was not being able to stand up and brush his teeth.
I mean, he couldn't do much of anything, but he was most annoyed about something as realitivley unimportant as not being to brush his teeth.

After 9/11, I was just as pissed as anyone else. But as they say, time heals all wounds, and my anger subsided into "just get it done" attitude.
But recently, I saw the pictures of people jumping from the buildings after the first plane hit.
Of all those people who died, and thinking that there were evil people who plotted it; of all the extrodinary things that existed for one to be mad about that day, the thing that bugged me the most was the images of those few people jumping. I know that more people died when the buildings collapsed, and there were bigger things to be mad about than those few people. But that just struck me wrong. I just can't even understand what was going through their minds, and I hope I never do.
I was mad all over again, just like the day it happened.

Sorry. I am venting too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My choice? B! And they don't have to disarm us. They "educate" us instead. "They" have done, and are doing quite well at enslaving us without taking our guns. Take a look at it. Are we really "free"?? HELL NO! We just think we are, 'cause we don't really know what "Freedom" is. A man with a gun comes to your car door for not wearing a seatbelt. The federal govt. mandates how much water you are ALLOWED to use to flush your toilet. The property you "own" isn't really yours unless you pay the "rent ",(tax), on it. Glock Lady, if more folks were thinking like you, MAYBE we could reverse it. But they don't, and we won't.......
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]

My choice is B. the day I lost touch with what I thought was a well reasoned country was in the debates between Bush and Clinton,(88), when the guy stood up and said something to the effect of"We are your children, what will you do for us". I just about puked. When George did not respond to him to go to work for his country, I lost my will to go on. Its over, when all the elected officials think thier job is to take care of us. We have lost our will....fullclip
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My choice? B! And they don't have to disarm us. They "educate" us instead. "They" have done, and are doing quite well at enslaving us without taking our guns. Take a look at it. Are we really "free"?? HELL NO! We just think we are, 'cause we don't really know what "Freedom" is. A man with a gun comes to your car door for not wearing a seatbelt. The federal govt. mandates how much water you are ALLOWED to use to flush your toilet. The property you "own" isn't really yours unless you pay the "rent ",(tax), on it. Glock Lady, if more folks were thinking like you, MAYBE we could reverse it. But they don't, and we won't.......
View Quote

The other day I went over to my Mom's and was talking about going hunting; when my 8 year old brother tells me. HE doesnt want to go hunting because ,"Mrs. Staukins(sp) guns are for bad people, good people dont use guns"..... [pissed]

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I fully believe this nation is headed into the toilet, despite what like-minded people as we  believe or are willing to stand up for.

History is cyclic in nature.  Nations have risen and fallen from the beginning of recorded history.  Deep in my heart I believe the Founders of this Republic had vision and gift for creating a superb form of Government.  The vast majority people have grown too complacent, dependent and have lost touch with the history that has led to this moment in time.  It is that combination of complacency and blindness that will lead us as a Nation, lemming like, over the edge of the cliff.

I would like to believe that enough people will rise from their brain dead stupor at the last moment and veer away from the fall that awaits us.  However, given what I know of history and of the outrageous actions of the government in the past year, I think the best that can be hoped for is that people (like us) can maintain a continuity and the core values to reassemble the pieces after the fall.  Also to be ready to step in to fray and defend this Country “from all enemies, foreign and domestic” should push come to shove.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[b]B: The rape of the US Constitution by the very people that are sworn to uphold it.[/b]

Hands down.  

But 9/11  It's the normal condition of government.
View Quote

Absolutely...and what the founding fathers warned us would happen if we were not vigilant.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Indeed, B.
One problem is that people have been conditioned to be dependent upon government. This conditioning takes very little time. Think how long the 911 system has been in place how everyone has been conditioned to rely on it. Now, the 911 system is overburdened &  proponents of the system admit it was never intended to be what it has become.
I am not afraid of what might happen in my country in any way. I take full responsibility for my safety, the safety of my family and refuse to rely anyone or any agency. Especially  while observing our bumbling moron bureacrats. I am prepared on many fronts for natural disasters, terrorism, and self defense. Arm yourself with knowledge & the tools to survive. Realize that you are it, alone, no one to help you, prepare for the things you fear the most, learn about them. We fear the things we don't understand, understand those things & they will hold no power over you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
B, of course.

Once the guns are gone, the republic is dust.

And at this time I'm not worried about outright bans, even though we have that in California. I'm more worried about recent changes in the law that ban RKBA for misdemeanors. You make a stupid mistake as a kid and you can never own a gun? I mean, now it's violent misdemeanors, but the law is changing to include non-violent crimes and even non-crimes such as threats and standard, administrative procedures in court.

I can see a situation where you're in the bar with your woman, some drunk insults her, and you lose RKBA for threatening to kick his ass. Or a situation where your RKBA is suspended for the period of time you are involved in a law suit or child custody battle.

Anyway, if this keeps up, the only people who will be allowed to own guns will be sheep-like skeet shooters and I'd hate to see how they will react when guns really are banned. I wonder if they will be up to the task?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
B: The rape of the US Constitution by the very people that are sworn to uphold it.
View Quote

Nach.  Every day I see something on the news that makes me sick.  Maybe it's the record labels getting permission to hack my computer if they suspect I have illegally copied music files.  Maybe it's the @$$clown at airport security conficating a keychain that says "Glock".  Maybe it's the complete lack of knowledge the anti-gun media has about anything related to firearms.  

Hate it.  Don't know what to do about it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Well yes LadyGlock we are all a little afraid in our own way after 9/11,some of us were a little afraid long before that.    I live in a small,maybe third biggest city in my state,but still small town.

I know that if something happened to me,(forced intrusion) that the police would respond in a quick fasion if indeed I had time to call them before,I was killed or raped,or robbed.

So If it took them ten minutes to get here,what would happen in that ten minutes?

Well I would like to think that I would take care of bussiness,and they would be needed for mop-up.    Well if you used this same time frame in dealing with the Nat Guard,or armed forces being able to help you if  TSHTF.

Well here we are again,being able to carry the ball so to say untill help can get to us.

If an Abbrams came through the neigbor hood I wouldn't suggest firing on it or any tank with small arms fire(hiding would be the first line of tactics).     But I feel your conncern.

Rest assured we all have the same fears,and feelings that you have!     Just treat it as if you live in Tornado alley,have plenty of water and some ,power sorces,food .ect on hand and live your life like every day is your last.

You'll get more meaning out of it that way ,and you will really think more of your friends(ecspecially those with like feelings) you will know who you can count on.

Peace      Bob    [8D]

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
b
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rest assured we all have the same fears,and feelings that you have!     Just treat it as if you live in Tornado alley,have plenty of water and some ,power sorces,food .ect on hand and live your life like every day is your last.

You'll get more meaning out of it that way ,and you will really think more of your friends(ecspecially those with like feelings) you will know who you can count on.

Peace      Bob    [8D]

View Quote

That makes  me feel better [8)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The other day I went over to my Mom's and was talking about going hunting; when my 8 year old brother tells me. HE doesnt want to go hunting because ,"Mrs. Staukins(sp) guns are for bad people, good people dont use guns"..... [pissed]

View Quote
I hear you, bought a shotgun for every grand child born, now as they get older none want one, guns are bad , they learn this in school, and think I'm old fashison when I try to talk with it them about it. Sad state of affairs, just sad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top