Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 10:23:06 AM EDT
Just found out 3 things about my state that I don't like to much.

1. If a burglar break into my house and cuts himself on a window or breaks a toe stubbing it into a door.. he can sue me for all i'm worth..  he better be able to run fast and better hope i'm too tired and groggy to unload 30 rounds at him...

2. I can be sued if I don't have a beware of dog sign on my fence.. so if someone COMES on MY property and my dog bites them they can sue me for all i'm worth...

3. I have a swimming pool.. if I don't have a Beware Pool sign on my fence and someone comes thru MY fence onto MY property and jumps in my pool and drowns.. their family can sue me.. hell I think even if they jump in and jump back out they can sue me... some laws don't make any fucking sense..

/me goes outside with paper and marker and makes his own fucking signs..
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You live in Mass. and you've only found 3 things you don't like too much?

[;)]

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember where it was, but I heard of a case recently in which a burgler is sueing a homeowner because the guy was putting a sprinkler system in his back yard and had the trenches dug. The bad guy was carting the TV off in the middle of the night and tripped in the trench. He is sueing because the homeowner did not maintain a Safe property.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Yankee this is Mississippi..

out a ammo - after he sued me i'd find him and castrate him with a butter knife
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You live in Mass. and you've only found 3 things you don't like too much?

[;)]

View Quote

MA=Massachusetts
MS=Mississippi
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Good lord!!! (Yankee smacks forehead)

I hope my eye doctor has my glasses done today.

Seriously!

Sorry, Vermilion
[:I]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet if you HAD those signs posted, and someone drown or was bitten, you would be sued. Why? Because a snazzy lawyer would claim you knew your dog/pool was dangerous!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't remember where it was, but I heard of a case recently in which a burgler is sueing a homeowner because the guy was putting a sprinkler system in his back yard and had the trenches dug. The bad guy was carting the TV off in the middle of the night and tripped in the trench. He is sueing because the homeowner did not maintain a Safe property.
View Quote
Careful there fella ya don't want to give all the councelors on this board a chubby!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna get a custom sign made.. No trespassing.. Violaters will be shot..survivors will be shot again.!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm gonna get a custom sign made.. No trespassing.. Violaters will be shot..survivors will be shot again.!
View Quote

Actually that is not even a custom sign.  A vender at the gunshow here last weekend had those as well as a bunch of other good ones like

Warning, no tresspassing we don't call 911(with a picture o an AR15)

No Tresspassing, Do you feel lucky(picture of business end of .357 revolver)

Keep Out, I'm heavily armed and already pissed..Make my day!

I couldn'd decide which I liked best![50]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Get em all!

Collect all 4! lol
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just found out 3 things about my state that I don't like to much.

1. If a burglar break into my house and cuts himself on a window or breaks a toe stubbing it into a door.. he can sue me for all i'm worth..  he better be able to run fast and better hope i'm too tired and groggy to unload 30 rounds at him...

2. I can be sued if I don't have a beware of dog sign on my fence.. so if someone COMES on MY property and my dog bites them they can sue me for all i'm worth...

3. I have a swimming pool.. if I don't have a Beware Pool sign on my fence and someone comes thru MY fence onto MY property and jumps in my pool and drowns.. their family can sue me.. hell I think even if they jump in and jump back out they can sue me... some laws don't make any fucking sense..

/me goes outside with paper and marker and makes his own fucking signs..
View Quote

Thats all you could come up with? Hell I have that many
1 - The damn heat & humidity (Gulfport, my only experience)
2 - The education system (Keeps SC & WV off the bottom.
3 - Miss St. & Ole Miss (Go Big Blue & Go Cocks)
4 - The damn heat & humidity
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#12]
The sign on the wall says it all.....

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Now, hey you, mister, can't you read?
You've got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat
You can't even watch, no you can't eat
You ain't supposed to be here
The sign said you got to have a membership card to get inside
Ugh!

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The sign on the wall says it all.....

View Quote

satcon does karaoke?[bounce]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Where did some of you people hear about these cases.  They sound like urban legends to me.  I don't know about Miss., but in most states there is no way a burglar will win that type of lawsuit.  

I am not sure about the dof situation, someone that knows more might be able to enlighten us.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Do I need to place signs above my tripwires? ...
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
What are you talking about, castration with a buter knife?!?! I'd use a pair of Pliers and just rip that bad boy off!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#18]
They're called frivolous[sp?] lawsuits and they are for real.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Another good reason for the "finish him off" course of action...
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Vermilion, your first item is probabley standard in all states. The other 2 are I would think would be standard also.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I just gotta say they better be able to run fast.. atleast 2500fps
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
It may be a legend I don't know.But I've always been told if someone breaks into your house and you shoot em,its just as well too finish the job so as too avoid these sorts of things and leave no one to tell the tale.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good lord!!! (Yankee smacks forehead)

I hope my eye doctor has my glasses done today.

Seriously!

Sorry, Vermilion
[:I]
View Quote

[b](Yankee smacks forehead)[/b] If you're born in Colorado you're a Westerner. If you're a Yankee, that means you're an immigrant from the East coast. Which means you should move back home. Do it now -- Do the right thing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Careful there fella ya don't want to give all the councelors on this board a chubby!!
View Quote

Dead eye, is a Chubby, anything like a BIG WOODY?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
OK, so what kind fo crap should I expect when I move to Wisconsin?

[:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top