Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 6:52:48 AM EDT
So given I can't view the first topic of any message, is it time to use IE, or is there a fix on the way?

4.7x is old and does not support some HTML features, but gosh darn it, I LIKE IT!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You could update to the newer version of Netscape, but there are bugs in the newer versions. During AOL/Netscape takeover, alot of the old Netscape programmers got laid-off, the newer browser versions are a brand new product. I believe there was a thread about the bugs and problems regarding the new Netscape somewhere on this board. I think Microsoft's IE is probably the only game in town at the moment. I keep Netscape 4.7 around, but don't use it anymore as it doesn't display some pages correctly anymore.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Netscape 4.x is a bastard to work with, even for things as simple as javascript menus.  It is definitely time to upgrade to either IE 6 or netscape 6.  Do it and make the job easier for web developers everywhere.  Thanks.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would suggest that you give [url=http://www.mozilla.org]Mozilla[/url] a try.  It has a very similar interface to Netscape, yet is still being maintained and updated with the latest features.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I just installed Netscape 6.2 this weekend after I got my cable broadband installed. Just in time for the site upgrade. So far I have not had any problems with the AR15.com or anything else. Suggest you give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm using 4.7x and it seems to work now.  It didn't work earlier in the week, but works OK now.  Did things change?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I am using Netscape 6.1 and no problems.

It has occasionally crashed but it hasn't been too often and mainly if I have lots of windows open.

I don't know if which OS you're using will make a difference or not.

I'm using Mac OS-X 10.1.5 and it may act differently under Windows 200/XP/??

Netscape has a beta version of 7 available.

I'm feeling kinda bold and may try it, if I do i'll let you know if its better.
Top Top