Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 6:48:01 PM EDT
Notice the last paragraph in the article which reads "[b]As for the Somalis, they say that they will adjust to the changes, and will maybe even make a little Mogadishu in Maine[/b]".

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59482,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
And me and a bunch of my buddies will show up with some 30-30s and make it into a little Macon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They're being imported to Fargo, ND too. Hope they like January.

Someone thinks good ol ND is a little too homogenous.

It's a conspiracy.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Mogadishu is such a wonderful place, of course they want to replicate it here. It would be silly to think otherwise. And we'll all be the better for it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. [;)]

LEWISTON, Maine — Once known for its lobsters, quaint towns and a population of reclusive New England Yankees, Maine has become the bastion of diversity.
View Quote

Hmm. Seems like only western countries are obsessed with "diversity". Has nothing to do with money either - rich asian countries have categorically rejected the idea. Strange. The new white man's burden?

Starting in 1996, the U.S. began resettling more than 5,000 Somali refugees per year, mostly in metropolitan areas. Then a few came to Maine and liked it.
View Quote

Apparently they have no need to go through the regular process... the government just ships them right in. Hmm. Well, the Maine democratic party is ecstatic, I'm sure.

The rapid influx has put a strain on Lewiston's school system and city government and is raising concern among Lewiston residents. One homeowner posted a sign outside his home in protest.

Some of the concerns that are expressed relative to resources and expenses are legitimate, [red]but others are obviously camouflaged in bigotry[/red].
View Quote

Now don't object anyone. If you don't want a little Mogadishu here, perhaps you just better go to a different country (yeah, right, there aren't many taking). Bigot. *LOL*
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you driven through Minneapolis?  I remember hearing on fox that it is considered the largest concentration of somali immigrants in this country.  When black hawk down was just coming to theaters, most of the somali protesters going on the talk shows were from here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a job for Maine fishermen. You know, take them "skinny dipping." he he
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
We're fugged! Big time!

Remember my Unpleasant Truth #10?

[b][u]Nothing will be done about immigration[/u].[/b] Business leaders and economic decision-makers all believe (perhaps correctly) that mass immigration is the main reason for this country's continuing economic vitality. The Left sees poor immigrants as clients. Huge numbers of Americans are now "Hispanic," and believe that anti-immigration activists hate them. The Joint Chiefs have no intention of letting their commands be used to police the southern border, understanding perfectly well that they would never be allowed to open fire on anyone — which is the main thing that trained soldiers are trained to do, and the inability to do which leads to collapsing morale and cratering recruitment. (It is also, of course, the only thing that would have any actual effect.)

It is certainly applicable here!

Eric The(Nativist)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you driven through Minneapolis?  I remember hearing on fox that it is considered the largest concentration of somali immigrants in this country.  When black hawk down was just coming to theaters, most of the somali protesters going on the talk shows were from here.
View Quote

Yes- we do have a lot Somalis. After reading "Blackhawk Down", I have an irresistible urge to ask them to sell me some Khat.[:)] I wonder if it is a controlled substance?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes- we do have a lot Somalis. After reading "Blackhawk Down", I have an irresistible urge to ask them to sell me some Khat.[:)] I wonder if it is a controlled substance?
View Quote

Funny, after seeing blackhawk down I have the (thankfully [red]resistable[/red]) urge to drag them behind the pickup truck with a length of rope.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah, attention ETH...

It isn’t your “Unpleasant Truth #10"

It’s Derbs.

You’re the linker, he is the author
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Fargo should be a real shock for them.  The -60 wind chills will be a real treat! I lived in Grand Forks and it always seemed like Fargo always got more of the white stuff.  Man I miss all that snow.  Cold is good!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ah, attention ETH...

It isn’t your “Unpleasant Truth #10"

It’s Derbs.

You’re the linker, he is the author
View Quote

No sheet, Sherlock, you didn't see the link???

Eric The(ButIPostedItDweeb!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Eric -

There is no link in your post dated  08/02/2002 :  23:27:17

Mike
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Great!!!! Like we need more rip-raf up here in Fargo, time to get the welcoming committe ready.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Fargo is trashy.  That's where my drug-dealing, smelly little former roommate came from.  The rest of ND seems nice though if you can take the cold and the flat terrain.  I was thinking of moving there some day (to a free state).

Quoted:
They're being imported to Fargo, ND too. Hope they like January.

Someone thinks good ol ND is a little too homogenous.

It's a conspiracy.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, the women are hot!  I had a few Somali girlfriends when stationed in Africa.  Don't worry, the men are wimps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This town is CRAWLING with Slimealiens, I mean Somalians.

HOWEVER, when the woman cop was killed yesterday, there were a few Somali children who made a big sympathy card for the Minneapolis Police. I must say, My apathy has been shaken a bit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]
[b]Hey Flashman[/b] - From my thread on Unpleasant Truths:

[b][u]We are living in a golden age[/u].[/b] The past was pretty awful; the future will be far worse. Enjoy!

While trying not to remember the counter-slogan put out by the LBJ campaign: "In your guts you know he's nuts."

[url]www.nationalreview.com/derbyshire/derbyshire080202.asp[/url]

Eric The(HaveALovelyWeekend,Y'all!)Hun

[b]Looks like a link to me![/b]

Go here to see for yourself![url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=137505[/url]

Now, what do you think? [:D]

Eric The(Linking!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Geeze Eric,

I can’t read every one of your posts!

I just pointed out that in this thread there was no link.

Great article though. NRO is the best of the best, next to ar15.com that is!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#19]
You can't read every one of my posts?

[b]Damn![/b] [:D]

Eric The(Vainglorious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#20]
You gonna retire at 10K??
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like Maine. I'd hate to see it start to look like that shithole Somalia. I wonder if the immigrants are going to work at killing every bit of vegetation in the area so they'll feel at home. Why in the world is our government resettling these POS in our country anyway. It's bad enough we had to try and feed the worthless a__holes, but now we have to house them as well?
View Quote

That's a good question. [b]Why[/b] are we importing them? What's the incentive? To my knowledge we're not importing displaced Bosnians, Serbs, Palestinians, etc. Immigration is vastly different from direct importation. ETH, what's you're take on this?
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#22]
give us your tired etc.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sounds like a job for Maine fishermen. You know, take them "skinny dipping." he he
View Quote

Amen!  Just how many of 'em can you get into a lobster pot anyways?!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Will somebody help me? I can't see the original post when I select a thread. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Post from WhiskeyBravo -
ETH, what's you're take on this?
View Quote

You don't [u]want[/u] to hear my answer to your question!

[b]It isn't a very pretty answer.[/b] It is, however, the very best possible answer that I can come up with, under the circumstances!

The answer would get me in real trouble. I can imagine that it wouldn't be too hard for you to guess what the answer might be.

But I ain't talking! [:D]

Eric The(Mum'sTheWord!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like Maine. I'd hate to see it start to look like that shithole Somalia. I wonder if the immigrants are going to work at killing every bit of vegetation in the area so they'll feel at home. Why in the world is our government resettling these POS in our country anyway. It's bad enough we had to try and feed the worthless a__holes, but now we have to house them as well?
View Quote

That's a good question. [b]Why[/b] are we importing them? What's the incentive? To my knowledge we're not importing displaced Bosnians, Serbs, Palestinians, etc. Immigration is vastly different from direct importation. ETH, what's you're take on this?
View Quote

They're here for bleeding heart political reasons.  The Federal Govt is giving the City of Lewiston, Maine tons of your tax money to take them.  Then we all get the pleasure of supporting them with our tax dollars ie: welfare and the added police required due to the rising crime rate.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#27]
This sucks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Have you driven through Minneapolis? I remember hearing on fox that it is considered the largest concentration of somali immigrants in this country. When black hawk down was just coming to theaters, most of the somali protesters going on the talk shows were from here.
View Quote

You are right about that.  What's worse, I live in the lily white suburbs (for a reason!) & the city of Minneapolis, with state encouragement is sending them here.  In the last presidential election my precinct was about 50 % Demo voters compared to about 5 - 10% in the rest of the town.

Apparently the state has been pulling this stuff for a long time.  When I first got here, about 15 years ago, the area was overrun with Orientals, then Hispanics, then Chicago's retired gangbangers, then Russians & now Somalis.  I'm looking forward to the first wave of Afghanis.

We need a good hard winter with 40 below, 50 mile an hour winds & a lot of snow.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Its the Netscape 4. something curse...
gotta update or switch over to IE...

Here in the midwest the Fed Govt sponsors a committee to seek out concentrations of white folks and attract new minorities to their areas...cheap housing, jobs, tax payer funded of course...the headquaters for this committee is Minneapolis

...My hometown was inundated with South East Asians...who are given free run of the state..felony arrests only...and not even then in some cases..the gang population is up and the police have been forced to look the other way...and bust white kids

..this "special" treatment imo has made the predators bolder and weakend the resolve of the white kids ,who are not allowed to form counter gangs, or to even fight back. For if they do, it is they who get punished.....

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top