Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2012 5:38:02 AM EDT
http://washingtonexaminer.com/ohio-shocker-gop-closes-early-voting-gap-boosting-romney/article/2509838#.UG5Uja7F2Sr

Overall absentee ballots are WAY down from 2008, almost half the 2008 numbers; however, the percentage of Republican to Democrat ballots is much, much better this year. And then there is this piece of news:

"University of Dayton Professor Larry Schweikart told American Majority Action President Ned Ryun that the GOP gains favor Romney. "Although it is early, we will soon be at a point where––assuming Republicans vote for Romney––the Democrats will have to overwhelmingly win all the remaining early voting just to be even on November 6. But, given Ohio's voting history, if the numbers are even close after early voting, Obama will lose, and possibly lose big."

Also unsuprising, it seems that 450,000 Ohio voters on the registration rolls were either dead or had registered more than once.  These people have been cleaned off the rolls for the 2012 ballot (which goes a long way to explaining the large drop in absentee ballots).
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Won't hold my breath....but that's good news
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Please God let it be so!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also unsuprising, it seems that 450,000 Ohio voters on the registration rolls were either dead or had registered more than once.  These people have been cleaned off the rolls for the 2012 ballot (which goes a long way to explaining the large drop in absentee ballots).

Who wants to make a wager that the majority (if not ALL) of those nearly half million fraudulent voters were D?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I've made up my mind. I'm voting today. I'll be voting with one hand, and holding my nose with the other.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#7]

I predict OH, WI and possibly PA will go RED.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who wants to make a wager that the majority (if not ALL) of those nearly half million fraudulent voters were D?

If anyone is thinking about taking that bet, you might want to read the article first
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Throw in FL VA and NC

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Going along with the polling data oversampling democrats by larger margins than in 2008, this is a very good sign.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Republican and Democrat ballots?  Is there not just one ballot?
ETA: Oh, it looks like they're cross-referencing known voter affiliation with who has requested ballots.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wife and I mailed out our ballots today in support of Romney.

What is the overall feeling amongst your friends and family in regards to Romeny's chances?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I hope it goes well...
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone is thinking about taking that bet, you might want to read the article first

Read the article. My shocked face : r   Why is it a given that almost all voter fraud is by the Dems?  Don't answer that.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]
How do they know this, and why is it being reported?

I thought no info reported until the voting is over?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Throw in FL VA and NC

Well...if they stop kicking back my and my co-worker's voter registrations, we'll try to make a dent in the VA vote.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With the way things are going in the country, I would not be surprised to see Romney take some traditional democratic strongholds.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the article. My shocked face : r   Why is it a given that almost all voter fraud is by the Dems?  Don't answer that.....

Most, but not all:

http://www.bradenton.com/2012/10/05/4227036/probe-of-florida-gop-vendors-registrations.html

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most, but not all:

http://www.bradenton.com/2012/10/05/4227036/probe-of-florida-gop-vendors-registrations.html

Yeah, ironically I heard that same thing on Al Sharpton's show the other day.  He took a moment off from railing about the injustice of voter suppression (i.e. Photo ID) to discuss the allegations of voter fraud in FL.  I don't know if Rev. Al isn't smart enough to make the logical conncection or whether he just doesn't think his audience is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

God, I hope that happens.....there will be a Simultaneous explosion of heads at DU and the WH!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Except for overseas absentee, I really wish we would end this early voting crap.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Except for overseas absentee, I really wish we would end this early voting crap.

Me too, it just gives the Dems more time to game the vote.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Why? I love the idea, and recently sent off for my ballot. I don't like standing in line.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've made up my mind. I'm voting today. I'll be voting with one hand, and holding my nose with the other.    

Thanks, man. Seriously.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Won't hold my breath....but that's good news

It's the Obama "Chicago" strategy so the know how much they have to cheat.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? I love the idea, and recently sent off for my ballot. I don't like standing in line.  

Because it's nothing but an excuse to further corrupt the voting process.  Bring the country together by having everyone vote on the same day, have more pride in voting, hell if it's too much of a problem have it over two days in succession, not months in advance.  If we were able to do it way back when before cars existed, I don't see why we can't do it now.  You are sacrificing the security of a republic for convenience.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I work offshore month at a time. I won't be home until November eighth. sure go ahead and throw my Romney vote out of the window.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it's nothing but an excuse to further corrupt the voting process.  Bring the country together by having everyone vote on the same day, have more pride in voting, hell if it's too much of a problem have it over two days in succession, not months in advance.  If we were able to do it way back when before cars existed, I don't see why we can't do it now.  You are sacrificing the security of a republic for convenience.

I guess I'm not seeing how it's sacrificing the security of a republic...

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I work offshore month at a time. I won't be home until November eighth. sure go ahead and throw my Romney vote out of the window.

You must not be reading too well today.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it's nothing but an excuse to further corrupt the voting process. Bring the country together by having everyone vote on the same day, have more pride in voting, hell if it's too much of a problem have it over two days in succession, not months in advance.  If we were able to do it way back when before cars existed, I don't see why we can't do it now.  You are sacrificing the security of a republic for convenience.

Neither are you.  I'll highlight it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it's nothing but an excuse to further corrupt the voting process. Bring the country together by having everyone vote on the same day, have more pride in voting, hell if it's too much of a problem have it over two days in succession, not months in advance.  If we were able to do it way back when before cars existed, I don't see why we can't do it now.  You are sacrificing the security of a republic for convenience.

I still don't understand where you're coming from. How exactly is it corrupting the voting process? I already know how I'm going to vote, and it's not going to change by election day.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I still don't understand where you're coming from. How exactly is it corrupting the voting process? I already know how I'm going to vote, and it's not going to change by election day.  

If you are going to vote twice or more times in different states, you're going to have a much harder time doing it on the same day.  If you are going to vote for yourself, and then vote for some dead person, you're going to have a hard time doing it on the same day.  If you are going to subvert the voting process, it's much easier if you have a month or two to work on adding/subtracting here and there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, man. Seriously.

Many of us didn't vote for Romney in the primaries, but will vote for him now to unseat Obama.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm sure the dead vote will overturn our early gains.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If you are going to vote twice or more times in different states, you're going to have a much harder time doing it on the same day.  If you are going to vote for yourself, and then vote for some dead person, you're going to have a hard time doing it on the same day.  If you are going to subvert the voting process, it's much easier if you have a month or two to work on adding/subtracting here and there.

Why would I do any of that?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I live in central Ohio and have not seen anything like the Obama hysteria of 08. You see the odd yard sign for BHO my favorite being "Workers for Obama!" Who's working?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#38]
One reason I want Mittens to win a lot of these swing States, aside from the fact that I don't want 4 four more years of the long legged mack daddy, is to make the media look stupid.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, man. Seriously.

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would I do any of that?  

It's the collective 'you'. Don't be obtuse.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If she wanted to, my step-daughter could likely vote in both WV where she goes to college, and here in OH. I guess because the wife and I live here, and my step-daughter gets some mail here, she got a voters registration packet a few months back. I have wondered if she could have successfully registered in both states.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If she wanted to, my step-daughter could likely vote in both WV where she goes to college, and here in OH. I guess because the wife and I live here, and my step-daughter gets some mail here, she got a voters registration packet a few months back. I have wondered if she could have successfully registered in both states.

It's trivial. I hear snowbirds talking about it openly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for mine also. I thought it would be here by now.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't think it's "early voting" it's just absentee ballot requests.  My wife is working for the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections and they are still registering people.  On the 10th of October they will begin counting ballots.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#45]
OK you guys in OH, get out and talk to 20 people and tell them to vote for Romney, you have grass roots responsibility for all of us!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top