Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2012 7:42:55 AM EDT
More than polls or the talking heads what matters is enthusiasm from the electorate.
How many pumped up dems have you seen vs pumped GOPers?  
I haven't seen  one yard sign for zero
Granted, I,live in Texas so zero isn't wasting any money here on a lost cause.  But, in 08 I saw Hillary and then Obama Biden signs in yards.  Not this year.

The MSM is worried and trying to dampen GOP enthusiasm with the polls  based on skewed assumptions of turnout.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it wll have an opposite effect. Dems won't think their vote is needed and stay home, R's will come out in droves to make sure that at least they voted if no one else does.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Like you, I'm in Texas so....

It would be a lot more interesting if I was in a swing state.

I did see plenty of Obama stickers/signs last year.  None so far this year.  

Quite a few Romney/Ryan signs and stickers starting to pop up.

I was in Colorado both in 08 and this summer.  Tons of Obama crap in 08, only 1 sticker this year.  Not a bunch of Romney stuff either, but it was the summer still.  I did see a lot of Gadsden Flags, anti big govt and anti Obama stickers though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think it wll have an opposite effect. Dems won't think their vote is needed and stay home, R's will come out in droves to make sure that at least they voted if no one else does.

I hope so
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Stereotypes are based on truth so here goes:

Generally liberals are the types of people that will put stickers all over the car. Hipsters, libtards, save the earth  type idiots Tend to drive crappy cars so care if they put  stickers on them.

Conservatives drive nicer cars and don't  mess them up with stickers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
This morning ABC news on my local talk radio station stated Obama is just shy of having the electoral votes to win the election. I though to myself that we haven't even voted yet. Talk about voter suppression.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Generally liberals are the types of people that will put stickers all over the car. Hipsters, libtards, save the earth  type idiots Tend to drive crappy cars so care if they put  stickers on them.

Yup I just bought a new car, and I drive my cars into the ground, since I only get a new car every 10 years or so, I try to keep it looking decent. I also don't want some leftist loser damaging my car because they don't like my beliefs. For these reasons my cars are always naked with the exception f some window decals like parking passes or a NYS Trooper foundation sticker above my registration decal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This morning ABC news on my local talk radio station stated Obama is just shy of having the electoral votes to win the election. I though to myself that we haven't even voted yet. Talk about voter suppression.

Yep. havent' even had debates yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
More than polls or the talking heads what matters is enthusiasm from the electorate.
Granted, I,live in Texas so zero isn't wasting any money here on a lost cause.  But, in 08 I saw Hillary and then Obama Biden signs in yards.  Not this year.

The MSM is worried and trying to dampen GOP enthusiasm with the polls  based on skewed assumptions of turnout.

Not that I don't think Zero is going to take California but.....

Last time around there was a sea of Obama bumper stickers, yard signs and visible support for him everywhere. Local businesses were proudly displaying the stupid "Hope" posters in the front window. It really looked like a communist country with all the propaganda stuff everywhere.

This time....... Not one single yard sign, much fewer bumper stickers (some are leftovers).

On the other side of the fence, I have seen several Romney/Ryan stickers. (no yard signs yet).

Two Gary Johnson yard signs so far.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I don't think Zero is going to take California but.....

Last time around there was a sea of Obama bumper stickers, yard signs and visible support for him everywhere. Local businesses were proudly displaying the stupid "Hope" posters in the front window. It really looked like a communist country with all the propaganda stuff everywhere.

This time....... Not one single yard sign, much fewer bumper stickers (some are leftovers).

On the other side of the fence, I have seen several Romney/Ryan stickers. (no yard signs yet).

Two Gary Johnson yard signs so far.

The liberal idiot neighbors don't have a sign out. They are of Mexican heritage and I imagine hate blacks like many other
Phony racist liberals. They sure as hell had a Hillary sign out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Like you, I'm in Texas so....

It would be a lot more interesting if I was in a swing state.

I did see plenty of Obama stickers/signs last year.  None so far this year.  

Quite a few Romney/Ryan signs and stickers starting to pop up.

I was in Colorado both in 08 and this summer.  Tons of Obama crap in 08, only 1 sticker this year.  Not a bunch of Romney stuff either, but it was the summer still.  I did see a lot of Gadsden Flags, anti big govt and anti Obama stickers though.

I'm in NH, and I've noticed tons of Romeny signs in yards, and (it's not wishful thinking) I've seen no Obama signs in anyones yard yet.

The houses I recall are Democrats, I see lots of signs for local Democrats running, but no Obama signs.  I can guarantee you they are still voting for Obama, they're just not proudly putting out a sign this time.

Maine on the other hand, I've seen quite a few Obama stickers on cars.

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You've been here ten years, and you've never seen the bumper sticker threads?  Heck, have you never driven across the country?
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Here in Colorado last election I saw a shit load of cars with Obama stickers, yard signs and the like.

This election I have seen a lot less bumper stickers and 0 yard signs.  Hope this means something good.

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I am seeing the opposite in my neighborhood.  Middle class, older residential area.  Dozens of Obama, Polis, and various Democrat signs.  I have seen one Romney sign.  I gave the lady a thumbs up when I saw her working in her yard when I rode by.  

I think the bunch of people I saw with clipboards hitting the neighborhood hard over the past couple weeks may have been dishing out the O signs.  I am not sure if I would put up a Romney sign or not, for some reason I feel some tolerant progressive types may take it or egg my house.  Just a feeling.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am seeing the opposite in my neighborhood.  Middle class, older residential area.  Dozens of Obama, Polis, and various Democrat signs.  I have seen one Romney sign.  I gave the lady a thumbs up when I saw her working in her yard when I rode by.  

I think the bunch of people I saw with clipboards hitting the neighborhood hard over the past couple weeks may have been dishing out the O signs.  I am not sure if I would put up a Romney sign or not, for some reason I feel some tolerant progressive types may take it or egg my house.  Just a feeling.  

CA turds are going to ruin your state
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#15]
In the town I live in,  I have never seen so many campaign yard signs.  Plenty for Romney.  And NOT A SINGLE ONE that I've personally seen for Obama.

Truth.

It makes me happy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I visit Colorado about once a year. Fuckers from CA everywhere buying houses and driving their stupid gay cars up logging roads and getting stuck.

Texas is certainly importing some as well. We should establish a lottery system for moving to Texas and rig it for only GOP registered Voters.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In the town I live in,  I have never seen so many campaign yard signs.  Plenty for Romney.  And NOT A SINGLE ONE that I've personally seen for Obama.

Truth.

It makes me happy.

NorthWest, Fla?
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lot of blue creeping in.  I work with many people that came from CA...some escaping the stupidity that the state has become, but many escaping the stupidity that they created with votes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I see a shit ton of Obama stickers here and nothing else.

People might vote for Romney, but its not out of love for the guy.

As someone who supported Ron Paul, I can clearly and safely say enthusiasm does not amount to votes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, this is good right ... they'll indvertently lull Dems into staying home ?

I expect a different tactic on election day. ASAP they will begin calling states for Obama. They GOP guy getting off late from work, hungry, tired, will say "fuck it", I'm going home to dinner.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#22]

I don't understand it.

Romney
 High Morals but doesn't beat you over the head with it.

Never even the hint of infidelity.

Very Smart ( From Romney web site):
Romney had the distinction of being the valedictorian for his class at Brigham Young University, where he graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in English. Although he then attended Stanford University for two semesters, he left to be a Mormon missionary in France for over two years. Romney then attended both Harvard Law and Business Schools to graduate cum laude from law school and as a Baker Scholar in business with a joint J.D. and M.B.A.

Conducted his business dealings at the highest levels and with ethics

Gives more to charity then probably all the Dem politicians put together

Is running for Pres. at a time when the country needs someone that understands money and finance.

Understands politics and how to work with the other side.

Obama
   Granted, He was dealt a crappy hand but he wanted to be President.

Seems to have no comprehension of the need to pay for things.

In four years should have been able to at least start to slow down the debt expansion.

He is like the captain of a ship that has ripped it's bottom out on rocks and has no idea of what to do except give stuff away..

I will buy Koolaid and if necessary toast Obama's victory with resignation and despair.

I only hope that Romney has a great debate. God know he should have enough facts on his side.

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth.

It makes me happy.

NorthWest, Fla?
Jacksonville is one area that pulls a lot of weight for the elections for FL and from my experience, it is predominantly populated by minorities.  I don't live near there anymore so I don't know what the sentiments are up that way...

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep. It won't work, either.

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't understand it.

Romney
 High Morals but doesn't beat you over the head with it.

Never even the hint of infidelity.

Very Smart ( From Romney web site):
Romney had the distinction of being the valedictorian for his class at Brigham Young University, where he graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in English. Although he then attended Stanford University for two semesters, he left to be a Mormon missionary in France for over two years. Romney then attended both Harvard Law and Business Schools to graduate cum laude from law school and as a Baker Scholar in business with a joint J.D. and M.B.A.

Conducted his business dealings at the highest levels and with ethics

Gives more to charity then probably all the Dem politicians put together

Is running for Pres. at a time when the country needs someone that understands money and finance.

Understands politics and how to work with the other side.

Obama
   Granted, He was dealt a crappy hand but he wanted to be President.

Seems to have no comprehension of the need to pay for things.

In four years should have been able to at least start to slow down the debt expansion.

He is like the captain of a ship that has ripped it's bottom out on rocks and has no idea of what to do except give stuff away..

I will buy Koolaid and if necessary toast Obama's victory with resignation and despair.

I only hope that Romney has a great debate. God know he should have enough facts on his side.

You can thank Pubic schools, a partisan press that combines "journalism" with social work and political activism and the narrow self interest of many people who advocate for their own benefit without consideration of right and wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Latest evidence of statistics doctoring would be the Jobs numbers.
Don't know how Obama rigged it but he sure the fuck did.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so

I always figured it was so when Obama loses the Liberals can whine and cry about how Romney 'Stole' the election like Bush did from Gore.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so

I always figured it was so when Obama loses the Liberals can whine and cry about how Romney 'Stole' the election like Bush did from Gore.

Haaa!!!
Sort of like how Romney "Cheated' during the debate by winning.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#29]
It's almost unbelievable, but I haven't seen one yard sign in Dane Co. for Obama. I've seen several for Romney. Usually the Madison area is hard core lib.

I know this is totally anecdotal, but the usual houses on my drive to work that have Obama signs don't have any. The only signs I've seen are for Tammy Baldwin (hard core lib), but those houses have no O signs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I work in.............section 8 areas so when I go to work 6 days a week, it looks like Hussein will win in a landlside.

Personally I only know 3 people voting for Romney, me my dad and the guy I work with. FB friends are running 50-50

All my neighbors are either Obabatards or hate romney for being mormon
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#31]
If there is only one vote cast AGAINST obuttwhiff,  it WILL be mine.

I swear by the breath in my lungs,  to my last heartbeat, if I have to crawl a mile on my hands and knees over broken glass, I WILL VOTE AGAINST THAT COMMUNIST COCKSUCKER!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#32]
all I see here in south Georgia are Romney signs, havent seen the first obama sign
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I am in Santa Fe, the heart of Obama country, and I have only seen a couple of Obama bumper stickers, but quite a few anti Obama ones
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I swear by the breath in my lungs,  to my last heartbeat, if I have to crawl a mile on my hands and knees over broken glass, I WILL VOTE AGAINST THAT COMMUNIST COCKSUCKER!!!

If that becomes necessary, please call me. I'll give you a ride.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I see an equal number of Romney and Obama stickers.  In 08 there were a lot of Obama

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I see some Obama bumper stickers.  I see MANY TIMES more Romney stickers.

I see lots of Romney campaign signs in people's yards,  but, upon reflection, have to note that I have YET to see

a single Obama campaign sign of ANY size in ANY yard.  Not even big ones near major intersections.

Some people may still support Obama enough to make the minimal effort required to attach a bumper sticker, but

that seems to be the limit of their enthusiasm.   Going out and setting up yard signs is too much effort for them.

I am looking forward to election day. I want to see the look on the Kenyan Village Idiot's face when he realizes that his

hopes and dreams just got slaughtered by an America that has woken up and decided that it wants no part of his idiocy

and socialistic ideals.

CJ
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Last time around there were O signs and bumper stickers everywhere. This time I've seen one!
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Around here the only obama materials I am seeing are from the truly fervent believers.  The Romney signs are starting to come out, though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I've given money to Allen West and Romney/Ryan.
How do I get a yard sign?
A West/Ryan 2012 yard sign!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I sure hope the dumnos stay home on the 6th
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top