Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 10:36:31 AM EDT
The Blue Angels just buzzed right over our bldg and shook the cr@p out of us!  These guys are awsome!  The power, oh god, I've got wood!![smoke]

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
you act as if you never been upclose to a blue angel before?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks to DonR, I was at flight line front at their last show here.....wood all day
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Seattle, right?  I talked to a customer there yesterday that said the blue angels were doing some maneuvers there!

Enjoy the free airshow!

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Amateurs... (Spits)

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting ready to go pick them up and bring them to Childrens hospital. Trying to weasle out of having to go on TV tonight with them...by 7 I plan on being drunk on my boat. They are doing another practice tomorrow at Genosee park I think its free but not positive. Sat is $$ tickets. I like it when they are here but my PAO is loosing his mind as I type. When they finally leave I can get back to spending my whole workday at AR15.com.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Heck, just hearing them fly over your house is kinda cool ;) I was immediately aware it was them at first sound. Now...  will there be any B2's this year?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#8]
not a blue angles story but,

I remember late at night on 9/11 or early 9/12.
I had been feeling bad after the horror and was lying in bed but could not fall asleep.  finally I did drift off to sleep and suddenly this jet screams overhead and pulls HARD!  the sound shakes the house and sets off a car alarm down the street.  I lay there for a second waiting for explosions.  after about 30 seconds I fall fast asleep and since have not worried about the rag heads.  

thanks to the guys in the fast movers!
[usa]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What building are you in? .
View Quote

I'm in a warehouse just south Costco.  I can't say exactly where or I would lose my anonymousness.[peep]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

thanks to the guys in the fast movers!
[usa]
View Quote

Jet noise, the sound of Freedom....

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont think this is too top secret. They will be flying the low show tomorrow...bummer. The weather is predicted overcast (no shit in Seattle)so they will not be doing the entire show. THAT'S THREE YEARS IN A ROW!!!! Just once I would like to see the entire show. I have heard they do a high alt wing to wing pass at mach in the full show. The one thing that really sets Seattle apart is the low fly mach pass over the lake. The sonic boom just bounces right off the water and rattles your body...really cool. Hope everyone can make it out there this weekend stop by the Navy display we are giving out all sorts of stuff. We will be at Genosee and at the piers.
DC1
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#12]
In Traverse City, Mich this year they did the full show sat.

The cool thing for the back to front low pass over the crowd out to the performance area was that there is a low ridge about 2 miles back from the shoreline. The guy pushed mach coming down the slope--didn't go over, but got the pressure wave going pretty good---took out quite a few shop windows (the huge single pane kind)
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top