Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 7:07:02 AM EDT
Ok this breaking story awile ago has me perplexed. They were taken out of vehicles at gunpoint from their BF's who were then tied up -by one guy?. Is society so brainwashed as to not even attempt to fight back or flee at the sight of a gun? How could he have tied them up and been a total threat at the same time.

Even if threatened with a gun do the math. If you choose to run away chances a perp would actually shoot you is somewhat low. Chances of him hitting you then drop again, and chances of it being life threatining if so drops again as far as stats. What happened to explaining to people their odds of fighting back versun being taken to a secondary location?

It boggles my mind. Yeah I wasn't in the situation and hard to tell how I'd feel and we can't all be heros, but seems sheepish to me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top