Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2012 3:31:56 PM EDT
Me and 5 friends are going to Venice La. to fish for Tuna. My last trip I caught a 191lb Yellowfin. I hope to break the Gulf record this time! 243 lbs will do it.

Jim

Update 1: Hitting the hay. Leaving at 0330 for the 750 mile drive from Wichita Falls Texas to Venice Louisiana.
Will post catch it, kill it and eat it raw pics as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
HECK YES!!  

I claim 10% of the meat by weight of all catches.  My address will follow with packing instructions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
So what would a 1-day excursion for 2 people cost where you go?

I ask because my dad and I have tossed around the idea of going fishing one day this fall.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Man Ive always wanted to get over to Venice this time of year from some YFT.

The black fin tuna have been showing up close to the beaches here on the panhandle, tomorrow I am going to take the kayak out and try and get one for myself.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Tuna
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I ask because my dad and I have tossed around the idea of going fishing one day this fall.

$1200 per day plus fuel. We are going for two days. We figure $1500.00 per day with fuel. The marina has rooms for rent for $75.00 per night. These rooms sleep 6 with a full kitchen and 5 beds.
Its 740 miles one way from where we are. W figured $900 per person would cover everything with extras. Thats for 2 full days of fishing.

The guy we fish with is the best Tuna Captain in the gulf, Captain Eddie Burger. Link to website posted below.

FishVenice.com
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm.

5 friends, including at least one Arfcommer.

Drinking beer.

Fishing for very large, ornery fish far offshore.

Hmmmm.

Conclusion: At least one of you isn't coming back.

J/K have fun on the trip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
been there done that...loved it.  Boat Captain said mine was just north of 100#.  Hope to go backi.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1200 per day plus fuel. We are going for two days. We figure $1500.00 per day with fuel. The marina has rooms for rent for $75.00 per night. These rooms sleep 6 with a full kitchen and 5 beds.
Its 740 miles one way from where we are. W figured $900 per person would cover everything with extras. Thats for 2 full days of fishing.

The guy we fish with is the best Tuna Captain in the gulf, Captain Eddie Burger. Link to website posted below.

FishVenice.com

Thanks!

I hope y'all catch a ton. Please do report back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FishVenice.com

Thanks!

I hope y'all catch a ton. Please do report back.

I will provide an AAR with pics and maybe vids upon my return
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
good luck op
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Update in OP. Leaving in the morning
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Update in OP. Leaving in the morning

Go away you stinker!

I am jealous....
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Did OP fall off the boat?

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#14]
We are trying to get a canyon trip in this fall up here but it seems that everyone has a wheel barrow of fuck to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#15]
its going to be rough out there tomorrow with this cold front, be sure to pick up some dramamine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread is relevant to my interests. Are there many reputable outfits like that out of Houston/Galveston?

I've been wanting to fish some around the offshore rigs since I moved out here.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This thread is relevant to my interests. Are there many reputable outfits like that out of Houston/Galveston?

I've been wanting to fish some around the offshore rigs since I moved out here.

i can't recommend any as I haven't been on a charter in a long time, but I'd check around on "thehulltruth.com"

Lots of charter captains hang out here, it's pretty much the arfcom of saltwater fishing.
http://www.thehulltruth.com/gulf-coast-31/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top