Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2002 5:44:48 PM EDT
Me and my Dad are planning a Canoe trip in the Adirondack Forest in september.  My question is this: What is the legality of carying a firearm there?  I was thinking of carying my Vaquero, as it is fairly PC and I have some really good .300grain XTP Loads for it- Figure that would take care of anything I my come across. My Dad is very Anti-Gun, so I don't want to bring anything conspicuous, like a rifle.  I have gotten into the habit of never going anywhere without some sort of protection, so I don't think I'll start now.
The only other Handgun I have is a 9mm. Sig copy (TZ-99) with gold dot +P's. I don't know if that would be as effective if I were to get into trouble with a large animal. Reloading would be quicker though.
Chances are, I won't need it, but I'd rather not need it and have it, than need it and not have it.
Thanks,[>:/]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You might be able to transport the pistol into NY if you say it's for hunting/"sporting" purposes. The NYS Department of Enviornmental Conservation (the fish and game guys) may be able to help you. www.dec.state.ny.us (I think that's the address.)

BTW, Where in the Adirondacks will you be? I was near Indian Lake last year and it's really a beautiful area.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

BTW, Where in the Adirondacks will you be? I was near Indian Lake last year and it's really a beautiful area.
View Quote

We're still working out the details on that.
Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top