Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2012 2:43:49 AM EDT
I finally sucked it up and tok the tint off my front windows...
I got my car in 2007 with limo tint on the rear window and rear corner windows and 50% in the two front ones

I got a ticket one night 3 years ago in the next county over from a deputy for $90.  The next month I got another on the opposite end of that county from the same deputy for another $90.

today I got another ticket for $127 from a city guy in town.  he said I had a good run!  gave me tips on not getting caught too

I decided to finally take it off... (just the front 2 windows)

why is this even a law anyway?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
For the children
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Officer Safety
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:06:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

...........why is this even a law anyway?

Because, surprisingly enough. it makes it harder for the driver to look out of the car after dark.  The visibility reduction works both ways.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...........why is this even a law anyway?

Because, surprisingly enough. it makes it harder for the driver to look out of the car after dark.  The visibility reduction works both ways.  

Never been the reason I heard cited. Officer safety is what was given each time I was ticketed for tint.

Visibility is BS as I have personally ran 5% tint and never had any issues.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
the back of the ticket says "checks should be payable to CLERK OF THE DISTRICT COURT in the county named..."

so would I write it to "BUCHANAN COUNTY CLERK OF THE DISTRICT COURT"?  or is there some kind of other way I should write it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Limo all the way around on my car. I don't have any trouble at all seeing at night.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

why is this even a law anyway?

The state has no interest in stopping tinting, they just want to make money off it too. Think of the officers writing the tickets as the collections agency.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Tint restrictions are silly.

Officer safety, blah, blah. If someone wants to shoot a cop as he approaches, they're going to shoot, regardless of tint. I'm sure you've seen videos of it happening.

Tint is just another reason to pull you over and collect some extra tax money.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:04:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Guy who works for me keeps going to court over his window tint and keeps coming back poorer.

Good at his job, but apparently a bit slow otherwise.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Limo all the way around on my car. I don't have any trouble at all seeing at night.

Same here.

It's also necessary here in the south to keep the sun from baking you. A lot of state/county/city law enforcement cars have darker tint than I do and mine is technically illegal. I haven't heard of anyone getting a ticket for it in my area.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

It's also necessary here in the south to keep the sun from baking you. A lot of state/county/city law enforcement cars have darker tint than I do and mine is technically illegal. I haven't heard of anyone getting a ticket for it in my area.

Only black people I knew got tickets for window tint back in Alabama.

Funny how that works.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Guy who works for me keeps going to court over his window tint and keeps coming back poorer.

Shit, after three tickets from the same State cop, he threatened to have my vehicle impounded. Cited some BS repeat offender statute he could use if I didn't remove the tint right there on the road side.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, after three tickets from the same State cop, he threatened to have my vehicle impounded. Cited some BS repeat offender statute he could use if I didn't remove the tint right there on the road side.  

the deputy the last time threatened me like that
this city guy said he could care less and I could just keep paying them if I wanted
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a doctor's note, so they can stop me all they want. I have 5% all the way around and half way down the windshield.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I considered looking into what it would take to get a doctors note to allow it for a BS reason
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Is there a legal amount of tint 35% or whatever for front windows there?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Officer Safety

then don't pull me over
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

Only black people I knew got tickets for window tint back in Alabama.

Funny how that works.

How would they know they were black if the tint was so dark you couldn't see the driver?

Did they profile based on the type of vehicle and wheels on it or something?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How would they know they were black if the tint was so dark you couldn't see the driver?

Let me help.
It's possible that many vehcles were stopped and only certain drivers received tickets. The other drivers were "warned".
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:05:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me help.
It's possible that many vehcles were stopped and only certain drivers received tickets. The other drivers were "warned".

DATS RACISS
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#21]
There are limits but as far as I know, no one cares in AZ because it's so fucking bright and it helps keep the car at least 25* cooler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top