User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2002 2:46:09 PM EDT
if so, how much

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, 2 or 3 bucks depending on the price of the pizza.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
if they dont take 2 long i usually give them $2-3.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
always,one pizza two bucks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Always, at least 2 bucks. The pizza delivery dude is God!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
X-Pizza man says:

You should always tip the driver.  If I ever took a long time to deliver a pizza it was because someone else screwed up.  Either the kitchen took too long or the person who took the call screwed up with the directions/address.

$2-$4 is normal.  $5 is too much and less than 2 is dissapointing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#6]
A couple of bucks depending upon the total cost of the order. I pretty much live on delivery food so I need to stay on good terms with the few places that deliver out here in the sticks [;)]

My favorite pizza place has got this really cute girl delivering food a couple of nights a week now. The last time she found here way to my place she wanted to stand there and chat for a bit; a quite pleasant diversion. Shame she's about 15 years too young for me to pursue, though I got the impression it would be a pretty easy catch.

Where were these girls when I was her age?

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Not a penny. I'm my own delivery guy and I don't think he deserves it. Actually I have a dozen pizza joints within a mile, it's easier just to go get it.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
couple bucks

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Always, at least 2 bucks. The pizza delivery dude is God!!!
View Quote

Agreed...he is God...2 bucks
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I live in a rural area so I can't have pizza delivered.. And that sucks.

However, when I WAS able to order pizza I always tipped the driver. At least two bucks. More if a big order.

People who don't tip (delivery drivers, waiters, bartenders, etc.) are complete assclowns, and need to be sat down and taught good social skills.

Hope somebody doesn't take that as a personal attack.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I always Tip !
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
$2-3, unless the pizza is really, really late.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell yes, i tip all delivery people, and all service type people who deliver furniture, fix appliances, pest control etc. I usually give the pizza guy 2-3 bucks.
PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I always round it up to the nearest $5, unless it's real close to it anyway, then I just add a couple bucks.

Here's a twist: My buddy just got back from Ireland, and said that tips are considered an offence there. In their culture, by tipping, you're showing that you've got more money than them.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My favorite pizza place has got this really cute girl delivering food a couple of nights a week now. The last time she found here way to my place she wanted to stand there and chat for a bit; a quite pleasant diversion.
View Quote

Lucky bastard! My delivery person is usually an Arab...[:(] (No, I'm not kidding)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll usually tip him/her $43.83 and then
ask for $41.83 change in return. So...
$2 bucks. [;D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#18]
$2 and never more.  Considering the price of a decent pie in NYC is $13, I find spending more than $2 to be a waste.  These guys deliver many many pies in a day and can make good money on $2.  Not to mention, I never get my pie in a reasonable amount of time.

I'll tip nothing if I don't get the pie in 1/2 hour, especially since I'm 4 blocks away.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#19]
What about if the place charges a delivery fee, when do you guys still tip? and if so the same amount or do you think that since they are charging you for it that the delivery guy gets a kick back from the place?

Inquiring minds want to know.....[:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
As an ex-pizza delivery guy... 2 bucks was an average tip for us. I know some people drop bigger tips if I could get it to them in under 15min. I think the most I've ever been tiped for one pizza was 7 bucks. And trust me I remember those people and always get them their pizza first. I also remembered the people that didn't tip and let them get their pizza after I delivered the others. But I always tried to deliver them as fast as I could.

About 3 weeks of working there I acctually start to know the "regulars" by name, order and address, along with what condoments they liked.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]
if he is a oily and pimpily he gets NONE  if he isnt $2-3
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I always round it up to the nearest $5, unless it's real close to it anyway, then I just add a couple bucks.

Here's a twist: My buddy just got back from Ireland, and said that tips are considered an offence there. In their culture, by tipping, you're showing that you've got more money than them.  
View Quote

kinda true, kinda not.
the tip is already figured into the price of the meal. ...but tips are appreciated in most places. if your staying at a B&B tips are usually expected since most of the clientele are foreign.
BTW Ireland is one of the best places to visit if your an American. Eire is my favorite place to visit. if ya have not been ya gotta go.
Slan
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What about if the place charges a delivery fee, when do you guys still tip? and if so the same amount or do you think that since they are charging you for it that the delivery guy gets a kick back from the place?

Inquiring minds want to know.....[:D]
View Quote

Sure I still tip, and the same amount. I doubt the delivery guy gets any of the money charged for delivery. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
The pizza guy? He's nothing special. When I order pizza, I want two orders of free breadsticks, and extra cheese. If they really put forth an effort, I'll give 'em something extra, but this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. Do you tip the kid behind the counter at McDonalds? What, society say "tip these guys over here, but not these guys over here"?

Sure, I know kids put themselves through college on it-Fuck all that...they make minimum wage. If they don't like the pay, they can quit. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a shame the goverment taxes their tips, but it seems to me that pizza delivery guys are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. You put it to a peice of paper says they shouldn't do it, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but one thing I won't do, I won't play ball.

I don't tip. I don't beleive in it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The pizza guy? He's nothing special. When I order pizza, I want two orders of free breadsticks, and extra cheese. If they really put forth an effort, I'll give 'em something extra, but this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. Do you tip the kid behind the counter at McDonalds? What, society say "tip these guys over here, but not these guys over here"?

Sure, I know kids put themselves through college on it-Fuck all that...they make minimum wage. If they don't like the pay, they can quit. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a shame the goverment taxes their tips, but it seems to me that pizza delivery guys are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. You put it to a peice of paper says they shouldn't do it, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but one thing I won't do, I won't play ball.

View Quote

Many pizza guys make well over minimum wage.
So I can see not tipping them. (the only reason I do it is to keep them from jacking off in my pie while there out all alone in the car)

I tip people who make less than minimum with tips assumed. (provided they do a good job)

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#27]
juggernaut[rolleyes]

I believe these people that are serving your food(and not from behind a counter)are making minimun wage because its expected that they will derive an income from tips, ya cheap bastard.[:D]

Hope you don't find any short hairs in your next pizza.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Being an ex-pizza guy(NOT pizza boy) myself, I will always give a tip, usually around 2 bucks, more if 20 minutes or less. What about the pizza chicks? The womenz I used to work with ALWAYS brought in lots better tips. I did get a few dates as 'tips', not bragging though. One of the best tips I got for one pizza was 7 or 8 bucks. I was delivering to two 'womenz of the night' in a van in a deserted parking lot. Gotta love fellow service industry people. One last thing, some Domino's will give you buy one get one free if you pick-up, you have to ask usually. I can get my happy ass off the couch for the 3 and a half minute drive for that!! hmmm, stomach just started growling...[:|]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuckin-a, I did it for about 8 months.  In my part of town, people tip great.  Usually an average of $4/pizza, plus a $1 delivery fee that goes right in my pocket.  Add that all on top of minimum wage and it's very good money for being 19, living at home, and going to school.  Usually around $40-$50 a night, with a 5 hour shift.  Easy, easy money.  Biggest tip I ever got was like $35 from a really drunk, REALLY hot mom.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The pizza guy? He's nothing special. When I order pizza, ....

.....I don't tip. I don't beleive in it.
View Quote

I worked My way through college delivering pizza, supported myself and paid for school too. In the late 1980's, it was the best job this disabled veteran could find.
[b]We always remembered customers like you ( non-tippers)[/b]
Think about this:
For about 10 mins., the driver is all alone in his truck with your dinner.
He knows you never tip and he can do all kinds of things with your dinner.
Think about it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

i hope you dont order from the same place often, because your a prime target for a "sneazer" pizza. i see we have ex pizza guys on this thread, and im sure they remember the people who dont tip.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I will tip a buck.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
 People who don't tip (delivery drivers, waiters, bartenders, etc.) are complete assclowns, and need to be sat down and taught good social skills.
View Quote

Nope, never do

[:o)]AzzCloWn
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pizza guy? He's nothing special. When I order pizza, ....

.....I don't tip. I don't beleive in it.
View Quote

I worked My way through college delivering pizza, supported myself and paid for school too. In the late 1980's, it was the best job this disabled veteran could find.
[b]We always remembered customers like you ( non-tippers)[/b]
Think about this:
For about 10 mins., the driver is all alone in his truck with your dinner.
He knows you never tip and he can do all kinds of things with your dinner.
Think about it.

View Quote

that's the only reason i tip the pizza guy
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I will always tip the pizza dude, UNLESS he rolls up in gangsta' mode with drupy pants and that beat shit blaring out of his whopdy. Then he gets nothing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A couple of bucks depending upon the total cost of the order. I pretty much live on delivery food so I need to stay on good terms with the few places that deliver out here in the sticks [;)]

My favorite pizza place has got this really cute girl delivering food a couple of nights a week now. The last time she found here way to my place she wanted to stand there and chat for a bit; a quite pleasant diversion. Shame she's about 15 years too young for me to pursue, though I got the impression it would be a pretty easy catch.

Where were these girls when I was her age?

View Quote

She probably wasn't born yet.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Jugglenuts is quoting Resevoir Dogs.  That and he may be too young or unfamiliar with (food) service/delivery related jobs.  Dont be too hard on the boy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep, always. 50% of the tab.

Just doing my part to prime the pump of the US economy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Jugglenuts is quoting Resevoir Dogs.  That and he may be too young or unfamiliar with (food) service/delivery related jobs.  Dont be too hard on the boy.
View Quote

we shall refer to Juggernaut as [b]Mr. Pink[/b] for now on.
View Quote

Why do I gotta be Mr. Pink? Tell you what, I'll be Mr. Purple, I'm Mr. Purple, ok?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Ryan, a winner is you!

[IMG]www.mallninja.com/images/pizzapatrol.jpg[/IMG]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ryan, a winner is you!

Juggernaut
View Quote

I shoulda known that picture would come back someday and bit me in the ass.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Always, unless the pizza is really late. Heck, even when I was not working I would still scrape up enough for a tip.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My favorite pizza place has got this really cute girl delivering food a couple of nights a week now. The last time she found here way to my place she wanted to stand there and chat for a bit; a quite pleasant diversion.
View Quote

Lucky bastard! My delivery person is usually an Arab...[:(] (No, I'm not kidding)
View Quote

How tragic!  Well, at least he's not a Spic!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Sometimes $2, depends how long they take.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Pizza dude never can find me in under an hour, so I always pick it up.

Wise man once say: A pizza in the stomach in 20 minutes is better than a pizza in a rusted out Pinto for an hour.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#48]
always tip 2-3 bucks.  worked at that and tips are where you make your money, besides I don't want to piss off the delivery guy just in case they are part of the gov't TIPS organization. [:D]

The customers that did not tip usually got their pizza delivered last - had to take care of the paying customers first.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#49]
$2
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Ya! a couple of bucks, but when they charge extra for delivery I have second thoughts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top