Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 3:10:57 PM EDT
Well I as at the airport trying to get on a flight home and right when we are trying to board they call this girl over and start searching her taking off her shoes and going thru her luggage now here is the bad part the girl has downs syndrome and you can tell she is confused by all this, I thought this was pretty stupid and the whole time I was pissed because they do all this hi security but still won't let pilots pack, all this security doesn't make me feel safe at all if terrorist really want to I bet they can still find a way to get a weapon onboard. oh well just sharing my frustration.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
In the tests, they still miss weapons one quarter of the time.

Too busy pattin' down granny for a shiv.[:|]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
As I keep stating, we need to apply the law of supply and demand.

If the public stops flying for only one week, it will be fixed - and right now.  It seems we don't have the ass to do it, so this is what we get.

I feel your embarrassment at the spectacle you witnessed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you think airport security sucks, Then you need to go through U.S. customs.  Either they have their head on straight(profiling):)[I went through customs on my way back from the Bahamas and I didn't see a single working EXRay machine or a working bomb sniffer] or they are more lax than the airport.
At the airport my Fiance was searched(checked bags, then again before she got on the plane).

Edited because I forgot spell check.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I have been dying to tell this story up here anyway...

This past March, on a whim, I decided to leave early from work and pick up my wife and daughter from the airport. They had gone with my wife's best friend to Michigan to visit my wife's mom -- I got out of it. They had planned on just riding back with the friend, but I decided to surprise them. The airport is a 75-mile drive. I had been shooting the night before and hadn't unloaded my truck. I had forgotten about this fact until I start to pull into the parking garage at the airport and see security searching all entering vehicles. I almost panic. Oh well, may as see what happens. When I pull up, the uniformed guard asks if he can look in the back of my truck (a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab with a Leer hard cover). In the back are 6 full ammo cans in plan sight, packed full of 9mm, .223, .22, .44 magnum and 12 guage ammo and a machete I had used to hack through some brush a the shooting site. The ammo cans are standard olive drab and labeled .223, 800 rounds, blah, blah. Didn't phase him. Then he asked if he could open the rear doors and have a look inside the truck. I said, OK. He opens the drivers side rear door, and an old cell phone falls out. He apologized and puts it back, on top of the cases containing the AR 15, Mossberg M590A1, Beretta 92FS, Ruger Blackhawk and 10/22. The 3 long guns are housed in standard ACE Case 42 and 46 inch assault rifle cases. The .44 is in an obvious pistol case, the Barrett I could see, it was in a rectangular case that could have been anything. He says, ok, thanks, and waves me on. I proceed to park in the garage and walk 100 feet unchecked straight up to the airport terminal. I was of course unarmed, but I just as easily could have been severely dangerous. The airport in question was Kansas City International, not huge, but not totally hickville either. I almost wish I had met more resistance on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top