[#1]
Sounds like fun to me. Sounds like you should go next year[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like Harleys you should have ridden in the Cleveland Police Scholarship ride last Sunday. There were almost 900 bikes with about 90% being Harleys. There is also the Quaker Steak & Lube bike nite here in Cleveland. THey changed the nite from last year. I think it's now on Wed night. One night last year there were 5,000 bikes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Believe it or not, we never had any trouble out of any of them. They brought a heck of a lot of business to the local economy and were respectful of others. [:D]
View Quote

Your community has just figured out what Daytona Beach FL, MB SC, Sturgis SD and others have been enjoying for a few years now.  "Bikers" spend more money and cause less problems than any other big event at Daytona. I'm sure it wasn't always that way, but ask a cop at Daytona if he prefers working "Bike Week" or "Spring Break" and see what he says.

Daytona took a look at how profitable and trouble free Bike Week is in March (an event the bikers started over 5 decades ago) was and said "Gee, we should find a way to get those guys down here twice a year", and thus Biketoberfest was born.  

It's grown to be a pretty big event of its own, and those two week pump millions into the local economy.  So now, Daytona host 2 major biker events every year.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top