Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 8:32:22 AM EDT
I have noticed growing population of Iowa members on this forum. I myself grew up in Marshalltown and now live in the Cedar Rapids area. (Hope to move to Colorado in the spring) At any rate, is anyone interested in having a casual shoot at the "Pit" or Matsels Bridge sometime before summers escapes us. Let me know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Iowa (West Des Moines).

I don't check this board a whole lot, but i do lurk once in a while :)

I'm up for a shoot, just hopes it gets a bit cooler :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Hooah. Tama area here.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Madrid  20 Miles N. Des Moines.
Shoot Im always up for a shoot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There are getting to be more and more of us all the time. Quite a few are just lurkers

I am in the stages of starting to plan the Annual Iowa AR15.com shoot again. It was held last year at my local Izzak Walton club here in Oskaloosa. It is a private club we have all to ourselves and seemed to work pretty well for location and size etc?

I was thinking towards the end of Sept, maybe it will be a little cooler then? There are a lot of members who couldn't make it last time due to the short notice. I will try to give plenty of heads up for this one.

Any thoughts or ideas on a date? I will have to check the club schedule, but usually not a problem.

PS: On the club schedule there is a centerfire shoot on Sun. Oct 6th if anyone would be interested? We usually run it like a varmit shoot with loose rules. We usually have low turnout as most are shotgunners and I have been trying to increase rifle events. We could have it then have our own the same day or have ours on Sat and them the varmit would be on Sun. if anyone wanted to stay? There is usually a cash prize if a crack shot wanted to show everyone up?    Let me know?
Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The 5th would be perfect.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Also would everyone who is an Iowa member or interested in the Iowa shoot send me an E-mail saying you are interested so I can start to get my Iowa member list updated. Tell are your friends and homies too and spread the word

Later
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
IAJack - email sent
twins
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Born in Spencer. South Texas is now home.

Why don't we meet someplace in between for the shoot — How does Bartlesville, Oklahoma sound?

(You never said "Who LIVES in Iowa?"!!!)[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
IAJack
Sounds like you have a good plan. Let me know when it gets closer and I will make plans to attend.

If anyone else in my area would like to get together sometime let me know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Hooah, Ames here.Count me in for a EBR shoot.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top