Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 10:56:32 AM EDT
I get tons of email adressed to someone at MSNBC. I usually just delete them and go about my business, but today I am in a cranky mood.

The email:

[blue]My husband and  I have always been Msnbc viewers.  We love Imus in the morning and continued watching the rest of the time.   Now that you have put BIG  MOUTH  Donahue on in the 8pm slot,  we won,t be watching Chris Matherws any longer, because he follows BIG MOUTH Donahue.  So  long MSNB  it's been nice viewing you,  Only Imus will be watched at this house hold.                                                                                          Barbara & Roy  [/blue]

This is what I want to reply with. My only question is, can I get in trouble for it? If you look closely, I do not imply that I am the one who should have recieved the email...

[red]Dear Barbara and Roy,

Do you think I really care that you won't be watching MSNBC anymore? I could give a rats' ass what you watch. As far as Imus goes, he's a schlock. If I could get him off the air without a hassle, I would do so in heartbeat. The guy is way out of touch with the real world.

Are you wondering why I am such a prick? Because it's people like you who watch WAY TOO MUCH television and write me everytime they see something on TV that makes them feel 'bad'. It's also because of the people like you who don't know how to use Spell Check. You should be so lucky that I even READ your email, since they usually end-up in the recycle bin.

Do me a favor and stop watching MSNBC all together. Listen to Imus (did you know he was convicted of beastiality in 1973?) on the radio. MSNBC does not need freaks like you to watch and bitch.

Me

PS...Why do you people like to bother me? I don't come to your work and jump up and down on the end of the bed, do I?[/red]

What do you think?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I say do it.

But I'm evil.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there a Eric orenson or similar at MSNBC?

Scott

P.S. they contacted you first. Reply as you wish. As long as you act legally....
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say do it.  You never claim to be a rep for MSNBC, and they sent email to you first.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you wondering why I am such a prick? Because it's people like you who watch WAY TOO MUCH television and write me everytime
View Quote

Drop the "me" in "write me everytime.

Do me a favor and stop watching MSNBC
View Quote

Change this "me" to "everybody".

MSNBC does not need freaks like you to watch and bitch.
View Quote

Change "MSNBC doesn't need" to "nobody".

....and no part of your e-mail will imply that you're actually affiliated or otherwise connected to MSNBC.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not bad. It sounds like a good joke. Are you sure about the bestiality conviction?
View Quote

No, but just look at the guy, you can tell he secretly wants to bring a new meaning to the term 'animal husbandry'.

I think that and the bed comment (Kids in the Hall origination) are the funniest parts =(
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

PS...Why do you people like to bother me? I don't come to your work and jump up and down on the end of the bed, do I?

What do you think?
View Quote

OK, you owe me a new keyboard.  Mine's covered in Coke!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good. In no way did you claim you work for MSNBC. All you were doing was replying to their email that they sent you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PS...Why do you people like to bother me? I don't come to your work and jump up and down on the end of the bed, do I?

What do you think?
View Quote

OK, you owe me a new keyboard.  Mine's covered in Coke!
View Quote

Better to be covered with Coke than with cu...oh, you know what I mean...sorry.

I will take this as a "SEND IT"...SENT.

Now I get to wait for an interesting reply =)
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
LMAO. These folks are going to be livid.  BTW, why would you get these emails anyway?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Just remember, unless you are spoofing, your I/P address will be on the header!

Just a bit of advice from an I.T. guy!

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, only thing that I'd worry about is saying that Imus was convicted of beastiality.  Might be considered libel by some people.  Otherwise, they DID contact you first.  How could you get in trouble?

-Gloftoe
View Quote

I don't know that he has NOT been convicted of it.

Libel? Hmmm...I have nothing to gain or persuade by saying it.

I don't know why I get the emails, but it has something to do with IDIOTS (on AOL only)putting a comma after the email address of the person, and then putting the persons' name after the comma. My email address is my name and on aol you do not have to put the full email address in to make it get there, just the name...OK, so maybe I do know.

If you had the AOL screenname of GeorgeBush, I gaurantee you will get some of his emails...LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top