Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 5:43:33 PM EDT
The 5 yr old girl that was snatched earlier...this is on a breaking news bulletin on Freerepublic.

07-16) 18:16 PDT STANTON, Calif. (AP) --

Sheriff's detectives investigating the kidnapping of a 5-year-old Stanton girl were dispatched to Riverside County where the body of a child was found Tuesday.

"We don't know if it's anything related to our case," said Lt. Colin Murphy of the Orange County Sheriff's Department. "Obviously, our investigators will be following up."

The child's body was found near Highway 74, also known as Ortega Highway, Murphy said. The largely rural road is a major route between the two adjacent counties.

This kind of heinous crap has to be stopped.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]

More...

Posted on Tue, Jul. 16, 2002  

Police searching for missing California girl find body
Mercury News Wire Services

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A child's body was discovered today in a rural area of southern California and authorities were trying to determine if it belonged to a 5-year-old girl who was kidnapped from the driveway of her home about 75 miles away.

An Orange County Sheriff's spokesman said crime scene investigators were trying to determine if the body found in inland Riverside County was that of Samantha Runnion, who was abducted kicking and screaming on Monday by a man claiming to have lost his dog.

But police cautioned that it was too early to identify the body and that further investigation was needed.

Police had expanded their search for Samantha across the country Tuesday and said $60,000 in rewards stood for her safe return. She was grabbed from in front of her home in Stanton, California, 30 miles south of Los Angeles.

The kidnap was witnessed by Samantha's 5-year-old friend, Sara, who was playing with her. ``A guy said: `Did you see a little Chihuahua?' But he was lying. Then he stole my friend and drove really fast,'' Sara told reporters.

``She screamed, `Help me! Tell my grandmother!''' Sara said. ''I was so scared and ran back and told my mom.''

``The girl was kicking and screaming, trying to get away. We do not believe she knew her kidnapper,'' said Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino.

The man, described as a Latino man in his 20s or 30s, was last seen driving away with the girl.

The crime stunned residents of Samantha's quiet suburban neighborhood and made news across the United States, where the kidnappings of two other girls have gripped the nation and evoked parents' worst nightmares.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
[red][b]Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.[/b][/red] Matthew 18:14

Eric The(Jesus,Jesus,Jesus)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
ENOUGH!  Now is when I see a need for suspension of the Bill of Rights for these perverted BASTARDS!

I really wonder if we as a society began a policy of rapid, public and painful extermination of these fucking animals, they might think twice and cease their predations on our babies.

Nana & I will be more watchful in our protection of our small charges.

That REALLY sucks.  [>(]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ENOUGH!  Now is when I see a need for suspension of the Bill of Rights for these perverted BASTARDS!. . .  [>(]
View Quote

There is no misunderstanding.  This is an atrocious brutality of the highest order.  I trust that justice will be swift and full.

But. . . Yikes!  That's pretty tough there, LWilde.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
How can this society continue to breed these sociopaths?  Enough... [V]  

Harm a child and be removed from society with extreme prejudice...
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Being a Canadian who knows NOTHING about the USA I have to ask...

Does California have the death penalty???

Please please say yes!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
[>(]

Harm a child and be removed from society with extreme prejudice...
View Quote

Exactly... Day of the Rope
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
We sure as hell have a DEATH ROW
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Eric I'm a little lost did they find her? is she the girl Alive or what. Maybe praying did pay off. Some one post the story Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Please please say yes!!
View Quote

Lets hope they'll use it...

Feb. 18, 1972 California Supreme Court declares the death penalty cruel and unusual punishment in violation of the state constitution. 107 inmates are taken off death row and resentenced. A similar decision is rendered in 1976.  

Aug. 11, 1977 Legislature re-enacts the death penalty.  

Nov. 07, 1978 Voters approve a broader death penalty law that replaces the 1977 statute.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Eric I'm a little lost did they find her? is she the girl Alive or what. Maybe praying did pay off. Some one post the story Thanks
View Quote

[url]www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,57824,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
edp the story IS posted at the top....

They say a body was found.

SICK SICK PUPPY!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Yes Storm...they do.
  Unless things have changed i the last year
  that i am not aware of,they just don't use it enough.

Snide
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Suspect has probubly fled back to Mexico by this point. He will come back with a new identity, nothing linking him to the car or Stanton.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Vigilante style justice should [b]LEGALLY[/b] be allowed to be carried out by the family of this little girl... and in every case like it.

There is only one way that these brutal baby killers will ever fucking learn, and that it to teach them a lesson much worse than any sterilized needle ever could.  A message [u]must[/u] be sent! [pissed]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ENOUGH!  Now is when I see a need for suspension of the Bill of Rights
View Quote

I have lots of issues with this, but that's beside the point.  It's not necessary.  

Why not simply go through the normal channels of the legal system.  Put this guy in the general prison population, but let it be known he is a child predator.  That should take care of things nicely!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, [b]epdmedic[/b] to be getting back with you so late!

But they did find the body of a little girl that matched the the 5 year old's description.

Identification is still pending, but we can only assume that it is the same little girl!

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ENOUGH!  Now is when I see a need for suspension of the Bill of Rights for these perverted BASTARDS!

I really wonder if we as a society began a policy of rapid, public and painful extermination of these fucking animals, they might think twice and cease their predations on our babies.

Nana & I will be more watchful in our protection of our small charges.

That REALLY sucks.  [>(]
View Quote

I wholeheartedly agree...

These subhuman vermin should be exterminated without pitty or hesitation, along with anyone who would dare defend them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Please please say yes!!
View Quote

Are you kidding? In Kalifornia being a perverted child molesting murderer will probably get you elected to office...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#20]
The State should not be inflicting the death penalty except in cases of high treason.  I have a better idea.

A few hundred years ago, criminals were put into head and wrist stocks in the public square.  We should do the same, with a nice big sign indicating the perp's crime.  Leave him there about a week.  Let the people dispense justice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have lots of issues with this, but that's beside the point.  It's not necessary.  

Why not simply go through the normal channels of the legal system.  Put this guy in the general prison population, but let it be known he is a child predator.  That should take care of things nicely!
View Quote

DriftPunch,

I know that your are simply defending what would normally be right and just, but please remember that the same "justice" system you are advocating is the one that turns these creatures loose to prey on society because some cop forgot to read the fucker his Miranda rights.

The sentiments you are hearing are those of enraged and frustrated honest people who would otherwise fully support you, but who have simply had enough of what continues to happen, and by inaction of the legal system is ALLOWED to happen, in this country.

Otherwise, you're probably right.

Edited to add: I don't know if this is right or not, but part of me hopes that the body is NOT that of Samantha. It still means that an innocent girl has been murdered, but maybe....

Oh, hell. I'm just trying to find a single solitary ray of hope here. Never mind... [V]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#22]
to Marvl,
sorry to bust your bubble, but this is the kind of person that the death penalty is for.  He would probably do the same thing again if allowed to go free.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone remember that grotesque scene in the movie "SEVEN", where the guy was restrained to his bed, and literally rotting to death from extreme flesh torture and bed sores..?

That would be a most fitting ([i]and agnozing[/i]) sentance for the perp of these types of crimes!

Yep, keep them alive just enough to feel the agnozing torturous pains of the punishments, and give them no mercy.  

Feed them just enough to keep them coherent and where they will be unable to go into shock, as shock tends to be God's way of reducing felt pain...  and we certainly wouldn't want that!

Hmmmm, maybe we can introduce these guys to the Cenobytes..?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Please DON'T take my words out of context.  I am NOT for the suspension of the Bill of Rights with the exception, as I stated, for the "perverted bastards" that continue to prey on our nation's small and innocent children.  If I had my druthers, I would kill them swiftly and painfully, in public, so that the rest of the fucking perverts could SEE what was awaiting them if they fail to control themselves.  

(Actually, I know we can't do away with the Bill of Rights...but I like to rant on this subject.  I WOULD like to see the laws enforced more, especially the death penalty.)

Since most of these assholes are recidivists, I would make public all records of all proceedings that resulted in the state's failure to incarcerate and the prison systems' reasons for releasing them back out into society.  I would name names.  The next time one of these shrinks or liberal feel-gooder social workers wants to put Mr. Perv back out because they think he has changed his ways, maybe they'll thing twice if they know that THEIR names will be published if the perv hurts another kid.

Some years ago, my wife and I were in shock as we watched a convicted perv explain on the tube, what he and the other pervs do and why they eventually begin killing their victims to keep from going back into the joint.  This guy allowed that he was in all respects a normal person...and he appeared to be ok...except that he preferred sex was with little kids.  Since that is against the law, he eventually ended up in prison...more than once.  He also stated with a small smile that the "normal" people in the world don't realy understand these pervs.  He stated that EVERY ONE of his sick-fuck perv buddies was NEVER going to be cured...and that they simply told the prison shrinks what they wanted to hear so it would look like they were making progress.  Since most of these guys are non-violent to the other cons, and their behavior is usually exemplary while in the joint...well guess what...they usually get out early.  This perv also said although he really wanted to go straight, he doubted he could, and expected to be back in...but he was going to give the authorities a run next time.

My hyperbolic responses are also fed from my total hatred of these people because in 1990, two young criminals tried to kidnap my beautiful 14 year old daughter.  They were armed, they had just stuck up a stop and rob for money and their intent was to put the snatch on my kid and flee to the midwest.  I was a naval officer assigned to shore duty in California then and we lived in military quarters.  One of the perps was a Navy brat and an acquaintance of my kids!  We dodged a bullet then...but I still have nightmares about it.  We are now raising my grandkids (5 and 3) and we are being extra careful.

And yea...the military police and the local civilian police caught the two perps and they did long stretches.

See why I get so pissed?

Again...if you're going to quote me, please use the entire quote.   [8D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Isn't this one of the states that keep turning this sick garbage back out on the street and will not let them be posted on the convicted molester internet sites so as not to violate their rights?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't believe this happened a few blocks from where I live...heard a bunch of cop cars that afternoon so I'm guessing thats when they were going to the scene of the crime.  Stanton is mostly a quiet city...sure it has its bad parts (gang territory), but overall the only time Stanton makes the news is when a Meth lab explodes...which is rare...  This as far as I can tell never happens...

This guy better hope the cops get to him before civilians do, because I see a curbing in his future...and if a cop does get him, he better hope its an honest one.  I'm sure there are plenty right now that would like to pretend he was trying to pull a gun on him and open fire on the punk...

And yes, California does have the death penalty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Its confirmed now that the girl found dead is her.  They're getting ready to do the autopsy now...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#28]
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,57900,00.html[/url]

[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/60642/4_21_175_runnion_samantha.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#29]
The OC Sheriff doing the news conference is near tears on this one. Even the FBI rep's voice cracked a few times. Boy howdy do they want to catch this guy. Shit, come to think of it *I* want to catch this guy. Put him down like a rabbid dog.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh, god, the poor girl. Im watching CNN right now, and they showed a picture of her. She looked like such a pretty little girl too. I hope that jerk that killed her gets caught and gets his ass sent strait to jail. People who do that to children dont deserve to be on the face of the Earth, they deserve to be tortured in hell for eternity. I swear, this world is turning sicker and more evil everyday....
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Its confirmed now that the girl found dead is her.  They're getting ready to do the autopsy now...
View Quote

[size=6][red][b]GOD [i]DAMN[/i] IT![/size=6][/red][/b]

Maybe it's because I've read too many stories in the past three days about children being victimized, or if it's because I can't help but worry for my own to daughters, but God, [b][red]I AM PISSED RIGHT NOW![/red][/b] [pissed]

Dear God, PLEASE give this motherfucker just five minutes with someone who's not afraid of him, PLEASE!

Edited to add:

...and please give this poor girl's mother and family some semblance of peace...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The OC Sheriff doing the news conference is near tears on this one. Even the FBI rep's voice cracked a few times. Boy howdy do they want to catch this guy. Shit, come to think of it *I* want to catch this guy. Put him down like a rabbid dog.
View Quote

Yeah, Carona is a great guy.  Very respected by the cops I know...
All I can say is once this guy is caught, I hope he isn't afraid of needles.  Doubt Santa Ana courthouse will give him anything less than the death penalty...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Isn't this one of the states that keep turning this sick garbage back out on the street and will not let them be posted on the convicted molester internet sites so as not to violate their rights?
View Quote

Yup...think so.  Can you believe there are actually [legally] sane people out there who are member/activists in "prisoner-convict" rights groups?

Man...I want the authorities to find this animal.  PLEASE LORD let us find him!!!
[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#34]

If ever I had any doubts, this incident just squashed them. I would make a LOUSY cop. First, I couldn't see this shit day in and day out without it affecting me.

Second, I would be completely unable to arrest this scumbag and bring him in. They would find him strung up from an overpass with several strategic portions of his anatomy missing.

He'd still be alive, but unable to identify me. Unfortunately, I would have violated the oath I'd taken when I became a cop.

As such, a offer a salute to all honest cops everywhere, who somehow manage to handle these issues for us without allowing themselves to be lowered into the pit with the vermin.

You are better men than I am, sirs!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Vigilante style justice should [b]LEGALLY[/b] be allowed to be carried out by the family of this little girl... and in every case like it.
View Quote

Old Testament law would allow for this.

There is only one way that these brutal baby killers will ever fucking learn, and that it to teach them a lesson much worse than any sterilized needle ever could.  A message [u]must[/u] be sent! [pissed]
View Quote

I'm all for public hangings.  My father experienced one in the town square of an East Texas town he lived in as a boy.  The man had pulled a gun in an argument with another man and ended up killing a woman who was nearby.  There were enough witnesses, as it was in the middle of town square in the mid-afternoon, that justice was swift and he was lynched in the courtyard by the woman's family on a swing set.  He told me that even after 40 years the image of that man hanging from the swing set was vivid in his mind.

Of course, most cases are not nearly as cut and try to allow for such actions to be justified.  The murder of an innocent man in the name of justice is just as bad as the original crime.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#36]
It is difficult to imagine a more horrible crime then the one that has been committed. Your 5-year old kid is playing in the yard one minute, and the next minute, she's gone. If you're lucky, the FBI will find the body 6 months later. God only knows what horrors the kid went through before the end. These child molesters are a cancer on our society and need to be killed as quickly as possible.

I was suprised to read that CA actually has the death penalty. This case is tailor-made for it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#37]
The thing I find odd is that they were talking about it for the last few hours after the body was found like they didn't know it was her or not, as if it mattered.  Even if it wasn't her, it still meant there was a dead little girl!

My daughter is sleeping on the couch in the living room, and I swear I'd be absolutely merciless to anyone who hurt my children.  There is no place on this earth they could hide where I would not find them.  And I would hurt them in ways that I'm ashamed of to admit in public.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#38]
I hope they catch this sick MFer before the next child is taken.
I hope that someone who has the courage to do whats necessary finds him and makes it a very slow and painfull death.
He needs killing and he needs to suffer while he's being killed,atleast 12 to 15 hours of non stop torture.
Like someone said in a movie "i'll give you a blood transfusion to keep you alive while i'm killing you"
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hope they catch this sick MFer before the next child is taken.
I hope that someone who has the courage to do whats necessary finds him and makes it a very slow and painfull death.
He needs killing and he needs to suffer while he's being killed,atleast 12 to 15 hours of non stop torture.
Like someone said in a movie "i'll give you a blood transfusion to keep you alive while i'm killing you"
View Quote

Payback, Kris Kristofeson or whatever his name is...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The thing I find odd is that they were talking about it for the last few hours after the body was found like they didn't know it was her or not, as if it mattered.  Even if it wasn't her, it still meant there was a dead little girl!

My daughter is sleeping on the couch in the living room, and I swear I'd be absolutely merciless to anyone who hurt my children.  There is no place on this earth they could hide where I would not find them.  And I would hurt them in ways that I'm ashamed of to admit in public.

View Quote

I'm with GBT,give me 1 hour alone with this guy and he would surley regret the day he was born.
I read about a guy in texas i think about 15 years ago caught a guy taking a little girl out of a mall, he and some bystanders beat the guy until the police showed up and saved the guy,i remember one of the police officers saying that had they known that the guy was already caught they would have taken more time getting to the mall that day.If you saw the news broadcast it was very clear what he meant.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
to Marvl,
sorry to bust your bubble, but this is the kind of person that the death penalty is for.  He would probably do the same thing again if allowed to go free.
View Quote

Not sure you're getting my drift.  I did not intend for the individual to survive the ordeal.  Why make capital justice so sterile?  Put the guy in stocks in a public place, and let the public take care of it.  I'm sure the application of a few baseball bats, knives, and SS109 up the ass will have the desired effect.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#43]
He asked her to help him find his lost puppy.
When I heard that, something inside me just, I'd LOVE to know where this man is right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top