Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2002 7:26:28 PM EDT
The NWS has no straight forward reason for this weird "coolish" weather we North Texans have been experiencing of late.  I have lived in this area for 38 years and I do not remember ever having seen it stay around 90* May through July. I have seen it get off to a slow start in May but it has never failed to warm to the high 90's and beyond every year.  I have noticed that our seasons, up until the last 2-3 years, had seemed to moderate some. the last time we had a drastic change was in 1980 when we had like a month and a half of 100*+ days and alot of people wore shirts that said "I survived the heat wave of '80" on them.   For the next coupla years we had really severe winters here then in about 1985-6 they began to moderate again and the only big changes we have had since then were the floods of "90-'91.   I am just wondering what we have instore for us this coming winter, maybe a blizzard?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It's "global cooling".  Spray some spray cans, let more cows fart, and throw another log on the fire, 'cause if you don't, the ICE AGE is coming.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It has been a strangely cool summer indeed.  Some days feel like the regular old melt the asphalt Texas summer, but many, so far, have not.  Plentiful rain too, which is weird in itself.

71-Hour_Achmed - It's too hot for a fire, and I don't own any cattle, but I will work up a fart as soon as I can.

When it gets back to "global warming", I will sell my truck and walk.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#3]
send some of your rain up here to Long Island.  We haven't had a good rain in over a month and anyplace that doesn't get irrigated is now like brown conctete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top