Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2002 3:25:38 PM EDT
i dont know if this applies to the other services, but in the Navy, we get to re-enlist with the location(situation?) of our choice (been retired for a few years now, so i dont know if the Navy still does) or very, very close to it (time and $$ constraints).

ive seen sailors re-up inside the barrels of our illustrious battleships' big guns, underwater, on the way down while skydiving, inside a mh-53 pave low over Mt. Etna, etc.. the list is endless. i was inside an F-14 once while re-enlisting, as the beast taxied up and down the runway [b]FAST![/b]  [-=(_)=-]

do the other services do this as well? and if they do, lets hear your strangest, weirdest, highest, wettest re-enlistment ceremony story!

GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN!  Hoo-Yah!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I once re-enlisted a soldier armpit deep in the ocean in full BDU's. I was holding the flag and the waves were HUGE! The CO told me if I dropped the flag I'd be doing push ups with it...on the bottom. Needless to say, Old Glory didn't get a drop on her.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My company commander reenlisted a buddy of mine while they SPIE rigged under a Huey out over the East China Sea.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Marine Air Support Squadron 2, Japan ---
for background, 7242s in the Corps go to only three main squadrons, and they all go to japan first enlistment, either first or second duty station (after that there are also three other possible units they can go to rarely sometimes, and a very few go to base range control) so all 7242s scrubbed the crapper in Oki a lot their first enlistment.---
Guy reups, mind you the Corps would arrange for the short flight to Iwo Jima or a trip to tori or ia shima, in the enlisted crapper.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
One friend of mine reenlisted at the top of Diamondhead on Oahu, Hawaii.

Better yet, I have a friend that reenlisted on the DECK OF THE USS ARIZONA. (No, not on the memorial, but underwater!)

He received permission from the Natl. Park service to accompany them on one of their weekly inspections of the Arizona. While down there, him and an officer did the oath, as well as signed the paperwork (With a grease pencil...)

mug
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
what about just knocking on the career jammers hatch after chow???
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I forgot the name of the base paper in North Island, but I saw a guy get sworn in while he was inside the barrel of a destroyers gun. This was back in 87. My memory is not serving me well. One of the AK2 I worked with got sworn in on an F/A 18. It wasn't moving. He just stepped in the cockpit. Our Div Officer was in the RIO's seat. Did the deed and got picture taken and that was that. Being in the Navy myself, I have heard of lots of crazy re-enlistment stories. Guess if you could find an officer willing to jump out of a plane to swear you in, you can do it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife, when she was on active duty in the 82d Airborne Division, reenlisted inflight on a C-5 aircraft while enroute to the dropzone for a CE/N (combat equipment/night) jump.  As a reenlistment "bonus" she got door position (exited first).

I've got a VHS tape given to me by a 1SG in the 1st Special Forces Group out of Ft. Lewis, Washington, to use when I was in recruiting.  Showed a guy getting reenlisted on the aircraft just prior to exiting on a HALO jump.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
My last re-up in the Navy at the ceremonial pole, South Pole Station (Amundsen-Scott Base), Antarctica.
Dec 20, 1995
-12 degrees no wind chill
I did get nekid and take a lap around the world.
[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/reupsouthpole95a.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/reupsouthpole95b.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/reupsouthpole95c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
thats a good one Joe.

oh, and.........
your legs are ugly.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a soldier in my battalion reenlist in waist deep water at 4 mile crossing on Ft. Sill. When the ceremony was complete, he body slammed his wife in the creek.

On my last reup, the officer who reenlisted me was my Battery commander 19 years ago. I bumped into him just before he retired at 30.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I reenlisted two aircrewmen passing 10,000' for 14,500 on a freefall jump (civ plane).  Was along for the ride when another crewman had the squadron CO reelinst him in a limo w/ 2 strippers enroute to adult entertainment site.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I reenlisted two aircrewmen passing 10,000' for 14,500 on a freefall jump (civ plane).  Was along for the ride when another crewman had the squadron CO reelinst him in a limo w/ 2 strippers enroute to adult entertainment site.
View Quote

Only two?  LMAO!  Only rotorheads would dream up something like that...and get away with it!

[;D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top