Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 4:57:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain bro........I didn't crank the bike,or bust a cap this weekend.[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Stopped riding before I was married. No money. Soon as she said the magic word, D-I-V-O-R-C-E, I picked up a 69 Sportster used. Ah, the memories. Still got my 85 Wide Glide I bought new. Ah, the memories. Now, what was her name?
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Okay, so I've been puttering around the house all day, in the front yard and in the back yard and on the 'puter, and I must have seen and/or heard at least a hundred motorsickles going down the street in front of my house... a single here, a pair there, a group of three, etc. ALL FRICKIN' DAY LONG!!!

So I've got motorsickle fever [b]REAL BAD[/b], and I want to be out there riding, the wind in my face, a big motor chugging between my legs, carving the curves and canyons of Angeles Crest Highway, cruising down old Route 66, Steppenwolf playin' [i]Born to be Wild[/i] in my head, and bugs in my teeth.

Well maybe not the bugs but you get my drift... but [b]NOOOOOOOOOOO!!![/b]... the old lady wants to save our money to move back east... to [b]VERMONT!!![/b] Maybe she's the smart one and I'm just middle aged crazy.

Jeez, I knew I should have gone shooting today. [V]
View Quote

ill be here waiting, so we can go shooting. bring warm clothes, winters are harsh.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't wanna pickle...
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Tell ya what, come on out here and I'll let you ride one of mine and we'll go shootin.

But, you've got to bring the ammo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://members.verizon.net/~vze2ncbk/ar15/notapickle.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Your best bet is to find a good, clean, non franken Harley. I've had many bikes, Hondas, Suzukis, Triumphs, and Harleys. It is very difficult to justify $25,000 on a new Harley. So, do what I did. Scour the paper and find a good low mileage used Harley. I found a 1987 FXST several years ago. My pal Steve checked it out for me and gave me thumbs up. We put a Dyna ignition on it, Vannce & Hines Longshots, a S&S Super E carb, straight risers, a bug deflector,and new tires and rims. These upgrades were done over several years. It is a sweet bike and costs less than 1/2 of a new bike.Considering Clevelands riding season, I'll never wear it out!!!! PS, I should have kept my 1977 XLCR........ Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The old lady wants to save our money to move back east... to VERMONT!!!
View Quote

Hey, it might not be so bad to get out of California. [;)]
View Quote

No hassles when it comes too CCW either [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Big_Bear, I turned down the use of a friends Yamaha R1 today (a few friends went for a ride up to and around Mt. Rainer) to stay home and finish up some projects. I am done with the projects, my friends are still riding and I am on the computer!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Bear, [b]Do not move back east![/b] C'mon up to OR or WN. What kind of work do you do? I've read enough of your posts, to know you would be a welcome addition to RKBA folks here. BTW, has the wife ever ridden scooters? Maybe you can rent a good one, and take her for a putt.....Might work????
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Get on that bad, motor scooter and ride !!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[img]http://members.verizon.net/~vze2ncbk/ar15/notapickle.gif[/img]
View Quote

I have one of these too!

Sadly, I've spent about as much time on it as I have my Harley this year.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...besides that, I don't have my motorcycle license yet. I'm going to be taking a rider safety course through CHP in the near future.
View Quote

Big_bear, this is the best thing you can do to get your license. In most states, passing the MSF course means you don't have to take the test from the state for your license. Plus, you usually get an insurance discount with proof of passing the class. Not to mention the riding techniques and safety strategies they'll show you. Even people who have been riding a long time can benefit from one of these classes. I used to teach these courses years ago, and every time I taught the experienced riders course, students used to come up to me after the class and tell me they were surprised at how much they got out of it, even after already having lots of experience.

That Shadow 750 is a decent bike too. Very reliable. Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bear, [b]Do not move back east![/b] C'mon up to OR or WN. What kind of work do you do? I've read enough of your posts, to know you would be a welcome addition to RKBA folks here. BTW, has the wife ever ridden scooters? Maybe you can rent a good one, and take her for a putt.....Might work????
View Quote

Well, she's taking a little nap right now but i just went in and asked her about moving to OR or WN. In a sleepy stupor she said, "yeah, let's go. I'll be up in a minute." [sleep] LOL!

Right now I work for metrorail, and before that I was a flight simulator technician. I could adapt to rail and/or electronics jobs.

Yeah, she has ridden before. She used to have a boyfriend who rode, and her Dad has an Electra Glide. Actually, I looked into renting a bike for a day, but it's fairly expensive, and besides that, I don't have my motorcycle license yet. I'm going to be taking a rider safety course through CHP in the near future.
View Quote

Portland OR has a metro rail.......
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Move out of California, then buy the motorcycle.
Would be cheeper, and less likely to be killed by a crazy CA driver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top