Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2012 6:16:52 AM EDT
America hit a demographic milestone last year, with new census figures showing for the first time more than half the children born in the U.S. were minorities.

That percentage just barely eked over the halfway mark, with minorities making up 50.4 percent of U.S. births in the 12-month period ending July 2011. But it marks a steady trend –– minorities represented 37 percent of births in 1990.

As a whole, the nation's minority population continues to rise, following a higher-than-expected Hispanic count in the 2010 census. Minorities increased 1.9 percent to 114.1 million, or 36.6 percent of the total U.S. population, lifted by prior waves of immigration that brought in young families and boosted the number of Hispanic women in their prime childbearing years.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/17/minorities-now-surpass-whites-in-us-births-census-shows/?intcmp=trending
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupetastic.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1323277_Breaking_News___Minority_Births_Are_New_Majority_______Wait__What_.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
So?

Changing reality? Not too long ago Italians were considered minorities. Not anymore, and many Hispanics and Asians I know are completely assimilated. I have Hispanic coworkers who know less Spanish than I do.

The US has always had a high number of immigrants, many who weren't assimilated, New York used to have a dozen foreign language newspapers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So?

Changing reality? Not too long ago Italians were considered minorities. Not anymore, and many Hispanics and Asians I know are completely assimilated. I have Hispanic coworkers who know less Spanish than I do.

The US has always had a high number of immigrants, many who weren't assimilated, New York used to have a dozen foreign language newspapers.

And they didn't use to sell Rape insurance in South Africa and the electricity stayed on more than a few hours a day.......
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I for one hail our new alien overlords.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I for one hail our new ILLEGAL alien overlords.

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
So can I sign up for some Gubmint Cheese now since I'm white?
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

America hit a demographic milestone last year, with new census figures showing for the first time more than half the children born in the U.S. were minorities.

That percentage just barely eked over the halfway mark, with minorities making up 50.4 percent of U.S. births in the 12-month period ending July 2011. But it marks a steady trend –– minorities represented 37 percent of births in 1990.

As a whole, the nation's minority population continues to rise, following a higher-than-expected Hispanic count in the 2010 census. Minorities increased 1.9 percent to 114.1 million, or 36.6 percent of the total U.S. population, lifted by prior waves of immigration that brought in young families and boosted the number of Hispanic women in their prime childbearing years.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/17/minorities-now-surpass-whites-in-us-births-census-shows/?intcmp=trending

Hispanics are not a race and were not counted before 1970.

Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1323277_Breaking_News___Minority_Births_Are_New_Majority_______Wait__What_.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top