Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:39:53 PM EDT

I think Obama is gonna jettison the perpetual foot-in-mouth buffoon in favor of a person giving the appearance of, and declared to be, a "moderate" running mate who yet will energize the Dem base.  Not Hillary, either. He or she may not even be a politician.    

Your thoughts?  

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It will be some bull dyke latino, so all the bases are covered.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

so she'll leave her position at the Supreme Court??
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he'll go it as is. Every comedian needs the jerky sidekick.

It'd be a sign of weakness and failure in making the correct choice. It might help the base slightly, but the R's will hammer it as changing the horse in midstream.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Hillary to draw in the women's vote.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were Obama, I don't think I'd want anybody with the last name of Clinton as my VP.  No sense in tempting her in case she decides she won't wait until 2016.

Besides, Obama won't ditch Biden.  Biden would have to resign of his own accord, to "spend more time with family" or something similar.  I don't think Biden's ego would let him do that and Obama would have to pick a really smashing VP candidate in order to counteract the implicit acknowledgment that he screwed up in choosing Biden that forcing him out would cause.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If he was smart but he could not handle playing second fiddle to the Hill-Dog. There is a down-side to being a self-important egotistical fool.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]

The way it looks at this point, Obama will win without making any changes.

Romney is not exactly inspiring anyone, just outspending the other Republicans.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
[Barack Obama] Mrs. Obama will be my Running Mate for 2012, she's quite capable and
will be a better VP than Joe Whats-His-Face [Barack Obama]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
These 2 monsters.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He'd be the one person standing between her and the Presidency.  I don't think he's that dumb.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#12]
At the last minute, Mrs. Obama will announce that she will be on the ticket and by harnessing all their "sons and daughters" they will be successful in making her VP. Obama will soon after fake his death and we will be stuck with...

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone posted on here a few months ago about Kay Hagen, Senator from NC being a running mate if Biden was dropped.  Several articles on Google about it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He'd be the one person standing between her and the Presidency.  I don't think he's that dumb.

I'm thinking it was all part of the back room dealing for Obama to get the party nomination back in '08. He had to assure her loyalty with the Sec of State job before giving her the VP job. Fits perfect her desire to make history as the ultra-feminist. First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, Vice Pres, POTUS. And how else could you explain the Biden choice for VP. Obama is pulling out all of the stops to get elected and Biden is nothing more than a place holder for someone to fill if it can reassure his election.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Biden is assassination insurance.  

They are trying to tell would be assassins that if you off BHO this is what America is stuck with.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought I had read where Hillary was considering leaving politics at the end of this term no matter who wins, that was a while ago though so she might have changed her mind.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If Hilary is on there, we better watch out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought Crazy Joe was the biggest reason Barry hasn't been capped yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

so she'll leave her position at the Supreme Court??

Ahhahaha!

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Won't happen.  Obama needs someone who is a buffoon so that he looks smart.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They are trying to tell would be assassins that if you off BHO this is what America is stuck with.

The left has no problem with fratricide.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't happen.  Obama needs someone who is a buffoon so that he looks smart.

First black president. first woman vice president. First woman president. That's history.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was smart but he could not handle playing second fiddle to the Hill-Dog. There is a down-side to being a self-important egotistical fool.

Yeah, I can't see Hildabitch as his running mate. First his life wouldn't be worth two cents, second he has her effectively silenced by being sec of state. She has not said anything to contradict him since she has been in the office.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I think Obama likes him being around.   It makes him feel better about himself to have a stupid white guy to boss around.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Believe it or not, Democrats LIKE Joe Biden.  I have heard him described as a 'badass'. I don't know what exactly he has ever done to prompt that sentiment.  

The kind of people who are on the fence about Obama after 3 years of hell on Earth aren't going to decide on Obama because of Biden.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#26]
The Kenyan is too fucking dumb to dump Joe.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Careful- I made this same comment here a while back and almost got banned as a result.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful- I made this same comment here a while back and almost got banned as a result.

The Truth is a scary thing.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Probably Spike Lee or Jeremiah Wright.  Maybe Bill Ayers.  He has many classy friends.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Truth is a scary thing.

Just read the COC don't think my comment violates it.  Plus that would be pretty harsh to ban me for such a statement.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The way it looks at this point, Obama will win without making any changes.

Romney is not exactly inspiring anyone, just outspending the other Republicans.

Sadly QFT
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, I can't see Hildabitch as his running mate. First his life wouldn't be worth two cents,

I'm afraid you're right.
As we all remember, she was his leading opponent for the nomination in '08.
Twice in my life a winning Presidential candidate has put his leading opponent on the ticket as his running mate - in 1960 and in 1980.
I'm sure we all remember what else those two Presidents have in common.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I think Biden will stick around.   Trying to change would admit it was a mistake in the first place and they will do everything they can to avoid sending that message.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
They need someone setup for the next 4 years, Hillary is out.

ABO

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Biden.  He makes Obama look like a genius.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I can't see Hildabitch as his running mate. First his life wouldn't be worth two cents,

I'm afraid you're right.
As we all remember, she was his leading opponent for the nomination in '08.
Twice in my life a winning Presidential candidate has put his leading opponent on the ticket as his running mate - in 1960 and in 1980.
I'm sure we all remember what else those two Presidents have in common.

Are you saying George Bush had Reagan shot? Are you saying LBJ had JFK shot?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#37]
He doesn't need a new VP.  He's still going to be black and that's all that matters for his base.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think Obama is gonna jettison the perpetual foot-in-mouth buffoon in favor of a person giving the appearance of, and declared to be, a "moderate" running mate who yet will energize the Dem base.  Not Hillary, either. He or she may not even be a politician.    

Your thoughts?  

Biden's gaffes make Sarah Palin look like a genius, and how many of them do we hear?  We hear the cute ones, once every few months.  Must be nice to be untouchable.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kinda think Hilldog is gonna part company with Zero if anything goes sideways.
Debbie Wasserman Shultz.
Nails the Jewish vote and is a draw for females. Also in the right age range to groom for a 2016 run. And for sure a lock, stock and barrel party loyalist.
Biden (as doofy as he is) was still a person that somewhat harkened back to more "traditional" democrats. That demo is dying off quickly and they want a more modern "progressive" to fill his shoes.

Gut feeling is he will keep Biden around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top