Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2002 4:44:54 PM EDT
Okay, I have a simple question.

As many of you know I am not a drinker.  I quit long ago because I did like the effects that alcohol had on me.  However I always enjoyed the taste of beer and hard alcohol.  I especially liked the "kick" Vodka and wiskey gave my system at first taste.

So with today being our nations birthday I bought some O'douls beer.  It got me thinking.  If they can make non-alcoholic beer why can't they make a non-alcoholic vodka or wiskey?

Any ideas??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
WHY?

Non-alcoholic vodka or whiskey would just be sh*tty tasting water. You can get bad water at your local duck pond.

Edited to add that I don't drink very often, can't stand the taste of hard alcohol, beer's okay.

When I do drink, I drink for effect.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, beer is usually 95% water, so the alcohol taste isn't a big part of the flavor. I like the barley/hops taste of beer even if it doesn't have alcohol.

A non alcoholic vodka? That's kind of absurd. Vodka's just ethanol and water.  Any taste it has comes from the ethanol.

Star Trek had "Snythohol" though.  Scotty hated the replicator's attempt at Scotch, if I remember. He kept a bottle hidden in his room.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't found one of the hard liquors without alcohol.
I, too, enjoyed the effect of alcohol and decided to quit...

My favorite 'non-beer' is Kaliber by Guinness.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://wiw.org/~chris/drpepper/pics/can.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Root Beer: the breakfast of champions!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I gota agree with those who say "I drink  for effect".
I do like the taste of many beers, but, without the alcohol there is something missing.
I could put water that looks like gasoline in my pickup - but, it just won't work....
I drink responsibly (@ home, or with a DD).
Perhaps some day my liver will tell me that my drinking days are over - but till then:
CHEERS!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Check that bottle and see if there is not a tiny percentage of alcohol in it.  Used to be there was, I don't know about today's stuff though.

There have been stories of people drinking a 12 pack of NA beer and still getting a dui due to a tiny amount of alcohol in the bottle.  

As for other stuff, I suspect you could mess with mixes and get a drink tasting similar to mixed drinks, but I recomend a fruit juicer thing or even worse an ice shaver.  Make your own NA slushies and smile to sobriety.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top