Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2002 11:29:49 PM EDT
I got to work on 2 different Rem 700s- a PSS and a Sendero, mainly adjusting the triggers. Try as I might, I could not get the Sendero pull below 5lbs (from 6lbs) and the PSS below 4lbs (from 5lbs). Both were early to mid 90's production.

I have heard a rumor that after losing that ND lawsuit Remington did something to their trigger assemblies to keep people from making the pull weight too light. Is this true?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got to work on 2 different Rem 700s- a PSS and a Sendero, mainly adjusting the triggers. Try as I might, I could not get the Sendero pull below 5lbs (from 6lbs) and the PSS below 4lbs (from 5lbs).
View Quote
Did you try to remove the trigger return springs and check the threads in the holes so that the spring doesn't bind in the threads, common problem.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh no. Dang, I had a feeling it was something like that! I had the trigger pull adjustment screw out so far in the Sendero it was ready to fall out and it still sat at 5 lbs. I guess I will have to check for spring bind...

Do you recommend fingernail polish or loctite over the top to secure the screws? I will feel kinda funny walking into the store and buying pink (that is what someone told me to use) fingernail polish!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Uh no. Dang, I had a feeling it was something like that! I had the trigger pull adjustment screw out so far in the Sendero it was ready to fall out and it still sat at 5 lbs. I guess I will have to check for spring bind...

Do you recommend fingernail polish or loctite over the top to secure the screws? I will feel kinda funny walking into the store and buying pink (that is what someone told me to use) fingernail polish!
View Quote
I use clear nail polish. After all, you have to preserve some form of dignity. Pink would kill me. Also, the polish can be easily removed if you ever have to reset the trigger again. Just use a needle or the point of an Xacto blade to peel it off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I managed to find a bottle of clear nail polish at the dollar world store. The wierd guy running the cash register smiled and winked at me when he saw what I was buying. I am not going back there.

Anyway I did get the guns back to work on and you were right, the trigger pull adjustment springs were jammed in the threads! After a few minutes of work, I was able to get both triggers set around 3 lbs with no creep or overtravel. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The wierd guy running the cash register smiled and winked at me when he saw what I was buying.
View Quote

Did you get a reach around?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh man, now I gotta dig out my full metal jacket dvd...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The wierd guy running the cash register smiled and winked at me when he saw what I was buying.
View Quote

View Quote

I ain't that desperate! Even if all womenz view me with contempt I have no desire to resort to an alternative lifestyle.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I managed to find a bottle of clear nail polish at the dollar world store. The wierd guy running the cash register smiled and winked at me when he saw what I was buying. I am not going back there.
View Quote
Yeah, it's the kinda thing you're best off pilfering from a girlfriend/wife/sister/mother/gay brother rather than buying it yourself. That or you go somewhere you know you'll never go again no matter what.

Anyway I did get the guns back to work on and you were right, the trigger pull adjustment springs were jammed in the threads! After a few minutes of work, I was able to get both triggers set around 3 lbs with no creep or overtravel. Thanks for the help.
View Quote
You're welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top