Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:43:42 PM EDT
Atlanta –  In an attempt to answer complaints about screaming and unruly children, an Atlanta family restaurant has added a new disclaimer to their menu to control the nose level in the establishment.

If you visit Grant Central Pizza, you’ll notice the menu offers pizza, pasta, and a parental disclaimer that reads as follows:

“Dear all present and future patrons: GCP is proud of its reputation as a family restaurant, a title that we will work to keep. Unfortunately a number of our diners have posted unpleasant experiences because of crying and unsupervised children. To ensure that all diners have an enjoyable lunch or dinner with us we respectfully ask that parents tend to their crying tots outside.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/17/georgia-restaurant-disclaimer-says-no-crying-kids-allowed/
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for them.  No different than a coat and tie dress code.  They are trying to create an atmosphere, and its their property, their rules.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
In for the butt hurt parents that think we all wana hear their spawn screaming as we enjoy our one dinner out a month.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Their restaraunt, their rules. I hope they enforce it!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Good for them and I say this as a parent of a six month old. Thankfully my kid is very good and rarely cries but my attitude has always been to quickly get him out of a place when he does. Wish more parents would have consideration of others.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That use be common sense a long time ago. My brother and I knew it was instant death to act up in public.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/AR-15_Paul/FilmStrip03.jpg

Yep same here with my sister and I
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!  I hate the sound of crying children when i'm trying to enjoy a nice meal, see a movie...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice!  I hate the sound of crying children when i'm trying to enjoy a nice meal, see a movie...

...bang a hooker...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, good for him.......his place his rules.

Don't like it, go to another restaurant.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a parent of two young boys that know how to act in public.

Good for the restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Good for them, I wish any kind of decent restaurant had that policy.  Chuck e Cheese and shit like that is the exception.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
In before someone starts with "crotch fruit", "ankle biters" or "carpet sharks", followed by much butthurt

No kids here, so I am all for it!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
The best way to keep me out of your establishment is to include "family" in the name. Good for them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Good for them. I should drive over there and have some pizza one of these days.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
As a parent of an almost 4 year old boy, I say...their restaurant, their rules. Good on them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

In before someone starts with "crotch fruit", "ankle biters" or "carpet sharks", followed by much butthurt

Don't forget "Fuck Trophies"

This establishment needs to be supported by both the kidless and the good folks who have well behaved kiddos, rather than the devil spawn that brought about this private property rule.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
My Dad would lock me in the car if I was misbehaving, after beating my ass in the parking lot, you get arrested for that now. FWIW: I only misbehaved once! I learned my lesson.

I hate people who let their kids act out in public.

"Tax Deduction" is the proper name of your sweet child
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Always called 'em drape-apes.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Good.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Winning like Charlie Sheen.  Whenever someone's little angel starts bawling their stupid head off I always announce loudly "THAT'S what was missing from my evening!"

Would rather they kept the lawn apes out all together, but I'll take victories where they come.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Kids are what's wrong with today's youth.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I try really hard not to cry in restaurants anymore, but sometimes I can't help it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I try really hard not to cry in restaurants anymore, but sometimes I can't help it.

Fortunately the restaurant on has an issue with crying children.  You should ok.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You forgot "F#@k Trophy".

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Atlanta –  In an attempt to answer complaints about screaming and unruly children, an Atlanta family restaurant has added a new disclaimer to their menu to control the nose level in the establishment.

If you visit Grant Central Pizza, you’ll notice the menu offers pizza, pasta, and a parental disclaimer that reads as follows:

Dear all present and future patrons: GCP is proud of its reputation as a family restaurant, a title that we will work to keep. Unfortunately a number of our diners have posted unpleasant experiences because of crying and unsupervised children. To ensure that all diners have an enjoyable lunch or dinner with us we respectfully ask that parents tend to their crying tots outside.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/17/georgia-restaurant-disclaimer-says-no-crying-kids-allowed/

Can't count the number of times I've almost gotten into it with the parent(s) of a screaming brat in a restaurant & I'm not talking Chuckie Cheese either.................    
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can't count the number of times I've almost gotten into it with the parent(s) of a screaming brat in a restaurant & I'm not talking Chuckie Cheese either.................    

I've also treated a number of well behaved kids to desserts, too (with parental consent, of course)

ETA That's why Whammo makes slingshots. When a lid opens his yap to cry, WHAP!

Right in the piehole at 225 fps with a Brussels sprout. Shuts em up every time!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Good.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good for them.  No different than a coat and tie dress code.  They are trying to create an atmosphere, and its their property, their rules.

This.

We have a restaurant here that is even stricter - no kids under 12 period.  The owner feels adults should have a place to have a nice meal away from the kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top