Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 3:50:14 PM EDT
While looking for a company named Bick, I came upon this transcript.  

A guy named Gilewicz was evidently shot by police after an series of disputes involving alleged threats back & forth (supposedly including explosives) and the neighbor coming onto his property and pounding his ass.  The guy was holed up in his house with a shotgun, which he may or may not have used against the police.  He can't say, cause he's dead, possibly having been shot by their SOG, which sounds to be like a SWAT team.  There was also a question about his "crop".

It is veeery looong and sometimes boring, but then it also has questions of planted evidence, officers giving witness against each other, and commissioners speculating away discrepancies in testimony, people changing their stories, etc.

Very interesting is how they discuss an SKS found in a shed, why it wasn't loaded, why he didn't have it in the house.  You will have to form your own opinion, but their thought process seems pretty odd to me.

I don't know what conclusion they reached, if any -  I read for about an hour and I'm perhaps 1/3 of the way through it.  They might have not reached ANY conclusion until sometime later.

[url]www.gci.tas.gov.au/transcript/050900.html[url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

[url]www.gci.tas.gov.au/transcript/050900.html[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
DOH!!!!  Thank you, Duncan.  Can't believe I didn't check it.

KRP
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#3]
It seems pretty weird - they claim the guy fired his shotgun at them, but the empty cartridge is marked inconsistently with the shot they found.  

And in one part, they're not sure if what they found was lead shot or bird shit.  Or did the source mean 'bird shot', not 'bird shit'?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top