Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 1:04:15 PM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020630/wl_nm/mideast_dc_2836[/url]
[b]Israeli Army Removes Rogue Settler Outposts[/b]
[i]Sun Jun 30, 1:26 PM ET
By Mark Heinrich[/i]
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli troops removed two Jewish settler outposts in the West Bank on Sunday after Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer vowed to dismantle rogue settlements vulnerable to the Palestinian uprising.

[...]

About 145 settlements with 200,000 people have sprouted with Israeli government approval in the West Bank and Gaza Strip ( news - web sites) since their capture in the 1967 Middle East war.

But a scattering of others has been established without government permission, often near sites where settlers have been killed in Palestinian attacks.

Settlers claim a biblical right to the land. The Palestinians and most countries regard the settlements as illegal and the overriding obstacle to Middle East peace.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course, they're "removing" them for the wrong reason -- they should be forcing the settlers out of Palestinian lands because the settlers are illegal squatters who are attempting to steal land through adverse possession, not because they're "vulnerable".  But hey, whatever works.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Of course, they're "removing" them for the wrong reason .
View Quote

You're right...they shouldn't be removing them at all, much less because of anything the murderous terrorist scum are doing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020630/wl_nm/mideast_dc_2836[/url]
[b]Israeli Army Removes Rogue Settler Outposts[/b]
[i]Sun Jun 30, 1:26 PM ET
By Mark Heinrich[/i]
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli troops removed two Jewish settler outposts in the West Bank on Sunday after Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer vowed to dismantle rogue settlements vulnerable to the Palestinian uprising.

[...]
View Quote

Your'e right....Isreal really should fortify those vulnerable towns. We wouldnt want any poor, explosive, Palestinians to have to hurt themselves, blowing up women and children, like the cowardly little wussies, that they are.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
A few quotes on the subject from a favorite historian of mine.

Few realize that the UN offered the Palestinian Arabs a STATE OF THEIR OWN as far back as 1948! A partition plan was put forth wherein the Jewish population of Palestine, together with hundreds of thousands of refugees from Europe and elsewhere, would be given a narrow-waisted parcel of land along the Mediterranean seacoast as the State of Israel, while the Palestinian Arabs would receive a like parcel of land for the State of Palestine. The Arabs turned down the proposal.
View Quote

What if JEWISH suicide bombers were blowing up Arab buses, pizza parlors, dance halls, super markets, and weddings?
What if such had taken place in occupied Europe during World War II?
While it is BRUTAL beyond belief, the Nazis systematically carried out REPRISALS against underground fighters. When a leading Nazi officer was killed, the Germans picked civilians at random, and shot them down. On one occasion, they rounded up the entire population of Lidice, in Poland, herded the people into a barn, and burned it! BRUTAL is hardly an adequate word! What do you think the Arabs would do if the Arabs in Palestine had the tanks and armor, and if JEWISH suicide bombers were blowing their women and children to bits?
They would probably say, “For every Arab you kill, we will take TEN Jews from your towns, line them up, and shoot them!
For one, I wonder, I am amazed, at the incredible RESTRAINT shown by the Israeli government and Israeli people. What did the US do when suicidal maniacs murdered THOUSANDS of us in the trade towers and Pentagon? Why, we sent our armed forces half a world away to DESTROY THE GOVERNMENT and INFRASTRUCTURE of the brutal regime in Afghanistan which was harboring and training the terrorists!
One should only be amazed at Israel’s restraint. They have been accused, incredibly, lugubriously, idiotically, by many Arabs of being the “Nazis of the Middle East.” Arabs should give thanks every day that they are not!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
For the whole article("Will The Creation Of A Palestinian State Stop The Violence?"), and FACTS on the subject....here's the link.
[url]http://www.gtaea.org/gtanews53.htm[/url]

[size=1]Disclaimer: I am not a member of the organization in the link above, however, I do agree with about %90 of their writings/publications.[/size=1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Of course, they're "removing" them for the wrong reason -- they should be forcing the settlers out of Palestinian lands because the settlers are illegal squatters who are attempting to steal land through adverse possession, not because they're "vulnerable".  But hey, whatever works.
View Quote

What's wrong with that?? It's as American as apple pie!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
So, if the local "homeless" population decides to "settle" your backyard, you guys won't have a problem with that??  Cool, I'll tell the leaders of Tent City to look you up, BoomStick.  I'm sure it'll be ok with you if they "partition" your property into two pieces, one for them and one for you.  That's only fair, after all, especially since some of them are Native American and so have a ten thousand year old claim to your land.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, if the local "homeless" population decides to "settle" your backyard, you guys won't have a problem with that??  Cool, I'll tell the leaders of Tent City to look you up, BoomStick.  I'm sure it'll be ok with you if they "partition" your property into two pieces, one for them and one for you.  That's only fair, after all, especially since some of them are Native American and so have a ten thousand year old claim to your land.
View Quote
Wah, Wah, Wah.  Same old tired crap from the Israel haters.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cool, I'll tell the leaders of Tent City to look you up, BoomStick.
View Quote

You mean the palestinian tent city?  Rather, tell the palestinian tent city leaders to look up their [b]brothers[/b] in the surrounding Arab nations, of whom would help (if they wanted to) are filthy rich and have land to give.  I don't feel much pity for them. The palestinians situation is used as pawns (by their own) for political leverage for a "palistenian state", all the while they suffer the living conditions of tent city.  The ones who got out after 1948 fled to neighboring Arab nations and were assimilated into their population, the Arabs who chose to stay and live in Israel were accepted citizens........
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
So, if the local "homeless" population decides to "settle" your backyard, you guys won't have a problem with that?? Cool, I'll tell the leaders of Tent City to look you up, BoomStick. I'm sure it'll be ok with you if they "partition" your property into two pieces, one for them and one for you. That's only fair, after all, especially since some of them are Native American and so have a ten thousand year old claim to your land.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, wont have to worry about them sqatting in anybodies backyard, The good ol liberal dipwad of a Mayor in Portland Mayor Vera Katz will take care of them just fine. She even give  em city property to stay on, free of charge that is for them, but expensive for the taxpayers.

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:29:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boom Stick:
Quoted:
Cool, I'll tell the leaders of Tent City to look you up, BoomStick.
View Quote

You mean the palestinian tent city?
View Quote

No, I mean the Tent City that is mentioned about once a month in the Seattle Times -- a local "homeless" camp that moves from one church's parking lot to another whenever the neighborhood gets fed up and forces the City of Seattle to enforce its laws about such encampments.  Were you just being disingenuous, or are you that far out of touch??

Since you think it's OK for the Jewish Israelis to have dropped by and enforced their 2000-year-old biblical "claim" to the land there, I'll assume that you are also supportive of a similar effort by the local Native American population here in Seattle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wah, Wah, Wah.  Same old tired crap from the Israel haters.
View Quote

Oooh, what an outstandingly informative riposte from you, as usual.  Have you ever considered sitting in for Michael Savage when he's on vacation??
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:54:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Israel should just do tell the vermin cockroaches that are called palestinians that they have 48 hours to be our of Israel, ALL of it. Let the sub-human arabs move in with thier supporters in the other barbaric countries of arabs. After that its extermination time, any left in the country are delt with on sight, men women and down to and including the spawn in the cradle.
Thats a little over the top but it IS exactly what all the ragheads would like to see happen to the Jews. It seems that so would some of the members of this forum.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Were you just being , or are you that far out of touch??
View Quote

I have to honestly say I'm out of touch with what is published in the Seattle times, I don't read it that often.  I thought you were referring to Palestinian tent city.
Since you think it's OK for the Jewish Israelis to have dropped by and enforced their 2000-year-old biblical "claim" to the land there, I'll assume that you are also supportive of a similar effort by the local Native American population here in Seattle.
View Quote

Cant support the "native American" claim because we do not live under "native American" principals, law, religion, doctrine, etc...
This country is established under the laws and doctrine set forth by those who settled it, fought and won independence for it.  Manifest destiny was just that....destiny.  The "native Americans" have no claim that I am aware of, other than what they have already, or have been given by the government of the US.  They may feel free to conform to the society that they live in, get educated and be productive. I don't know why they are homeless, but I'm sure they can do something about it on their own strength (with a little help of course).

I see the "Jews" (FYI: most of them are not true Israelite descendants of Judah) as have fought hard and won their little country against incredible odd's over the years. Sort of their own version of a "manifest destiny".  They won it fair and square, and booting them out is like saying "lets give America back to the original native Americans", or lets give Israel back to the natives, cause it makes us all feel good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top