Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 12:34:21 PM EDT
The events of 9-11 got me to thinking this July 4th while you are doing that cookout or lighting those fireworks say a prayer and raise toast to all the veterans who made this holiday possible.  Not to mention the right (not privilege) to own firearms and the right to express our views on this web-site.  Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I like it more then Christmas.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH[^]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It is the best holiday.  I will be remembering about our vets as I enjoy our hard earned freedom.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Raise a toast. I'm curious, are any of you gonna be strappin on the 4th? I'm goin downtown (St. Louis) by the Arch, and I'm gonna keep my P-220 on me. It makes little comfort to me that the arch is a no-fly zone on the 4th, but I will still be cautious. They have some air shows down there, fighters of course. If any plane is up there it should be an AMERICAN fighter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Scott, where in the state are you?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Raise a toast. I'm curious, are any of you gonna be strappin on the 4th?
View Quote

I'm still planning on being an American on the 4th of July, so I'll be packing. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be thinking about how far we have come, and how much we have lost since 1776:

- We are now an empire, and no longer a republic
- We no longer are free, and we have no liberties
- The Constitution is a dead letter
- Taxes are off the wall
- We have become what we fought against

I'll be very sad on July 4th.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else going to celebrate the 4th by sending a bunch of rounds downrange?  Last year DVD and I went with some friends and had the whole range to ourselves.  

I will definantely have some words for the vets, past and present, who miss holidays while serving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top