Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 6:17:42 AM EDT
While I was working at Stacy yard last night, something big must have happened on First Avenue. At about 0030-0100, sirens started wailing and a helicopter with a search light appeared over what I thought was the intersection of First Ave South and Lander Street and circled for quite some time. Must have been at least 50 police cars plus EMT trucks and ambulances on the scene. First Avenue was closed between Lander Street and Holgate Street. Still closed when I went home at 0545. Barrier tape strung all over the place. Looked like detectives were going through the parking lot of the Sears/Sodo/Starbuck's building. I figure someone must have been killed there for this much attention and duration. But nothing in the news as of yet. Anyone else hear anything or know about it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
2 idiots decided to do a drive by near the Inn at Pike Market........

Then they did us a favor. While fleeing they lost control at 1st & Lander-ish...Impacted a pole and saved us some money, er a trial.......
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It's really a shame that more thugs don't end up that way!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the one??  Doesn't quite sound like it, but. . . .
[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/76708_chase29ww.shtml[/url]

M's game traffic puts halt to 130-mile police chase

Saturday, June 29, 2002

By KOMO-TV STAFF

A suspect led police on a high-speed chase for more than 130 miles before he was finally stopped in Seattle.

It began when Washington State Patrol troopers in Wenatchee tried to pull the driver over for allegedly driving 87 mph in a 60 mph zone. The suspect refused to stop.

As many as eight troopers pursued the car at speeds of up to 100 mph.

The chase finally ended on Fourth Avenue South, near Safeco Field in Seattle.  The driver got stuck in traffic for Saturday night's Mariners-Rockies game.

When police finally arrested the man, they found he had an arsenal of assault weapons, more than 100 rounds of ammunition and a police scanner in his car.  He faces numerous charges.

No one was hurt in the chase.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, it finally made the local news:  [url=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134485584_shots01m.html]Two killed fleeing downtown shooting when car going 100 mph strikes utility pole [/url]

CavVet had it right. A couple of more dumbass punks we won't have to worry about. At least they didn't take any innocent bystanders with them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't you just love it when the laws of physics go ahead and act as judge, jury & executioner?
[grenade]
View Quote

Fizicks rules!  Really.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When police finally arrested the man, they found he had an arsenal of assault weapons, more than 100 rounds of ammunition and a police scanner in his car.  He faces numerous charges.

All right, which one of you guys was it?  Oh wait, nobody here would have a paltry 100 rounds for a whole arsenal of assault weapons!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

All right, which one of you guys was it?  Oh wait, nobody here would have a paltry 100 rounds for a whole arsenal of assault weapons!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Boomer, eye have I's in the back of my head.....

Funny thing about this story is/was...It took OVER 24 hours before a word was released. Never did make the news....sniff, sniff= fish!

fizassist; It could have been me. I do have one thing I keep a paltry 100 rounds for. My 2 shot Derringer! OK, maybe 150....

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
100 rounds?
that's like 15 minutes or less at the range
hell, it isn't worth the drive to the range with less than that
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
man I thought you were talking about the game the mariner loss in the last inning, silly me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top