User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2002 10:32:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, all of them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It is my belief that every school district should have the right to decide what's right for them. If the parents decide they want a moment of silence for their kids before lunch, then so be it. The feds have no place dictating this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
When it comes to religion, I am a mild-mannered Agnostic.  I will not deny the existence of G-d, but I am willing to be comvinced...

However, when it comes to court decisions like this, I see no reason why the Court thinks it should be able to regulate personl expressions of religion - through regulation OR denial!  Therefore, all decisions should be reversed on Constitutional grounds.

The ban on the extablishment of religion extends to the need to allow a moment for personal religious expression - to be used as the individual desires.  If an individual chooses not to use the moment for religious reasons, that is the choice of the individual - NOT school administration, SCOTUS, POTUS, or anydamnbody else.

For SCOTUS to have made such decisions as this in uinconscionable.

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
omebody's not tellin'...

Yer damn right I'd reverse all of them!  Even though it's a religious issue, and I made my religous position clear, I am primarily a Libertarian when it comes to the actions of the government.  Just are you are free to believe how you will, I am free from being proselytised, and will believe in my own way - just as I will choose to worship in my own way.  And, whether we call Him G-d, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, or the Prime Mover - it is a personal belief and I don't care what anyone else wants to think - as long as they leave my beliefs alone!

How's that?

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Replace "Ten Commandments"  With "Kneeling 5x a day to Mecca" and tell me how you feel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't vote, just stated my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweep -
 "Everyone has an opinion, and you are all welcome to mine!"  Believe it or not, I actually subdued myself for a while, and found out that I was working on an ulcer and some other problems.  Once I started expressing myself again (and generally coming back into my own, to Hell with everyone else!) the ulcer cleared up and the other problems went away.  I think I'll continue being me, and I should live longer that way.

I also stopped hurrying all over the place, and my BP and heart trouble is no longer trouble!  Damn Kalifornia - I will not march lockstep into oblivion with the rest of these fools!  I am trying to win "hearts and minds" behind the lines, but I still have a contingency escape plan ready...

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Most of these are good laws seperating church and state.  I am not a Christian and I always felt uncomfortable when forced to bow my head in prayer before a football game.  I am trying to conjure up the most nasty, hateful, violent thoughts I can and the coach is making me listen to his little love poem before the game.  

Not allowing the kid to pray over his food is a dumb idea and the 10 Commandments thing is pretty silly too.  I guess noone can do a paper on mythology either since someone might start worshiping Zeus!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#15]
All the rulings are themselves un-constitutional.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top