Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2002 11:10:45 AM EDT
I'm not TRYING to piss-off anyone on this site, so don't get all defensive if one of these "professional occupations" is yours.

I've noticed for awhile now that there a few sales jobs that can only be performed by people with a knack for screwing others. By this I mean that they usually hold-back information that might make you think twice about dealing with them

Here are my main three:

Car Sales People
Cell Phone Sales
Real Estate Agents

As a rule, these people are "middlemen".
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
you forgot telephone solicitors
they screw me out of a hassle free evening!

i you have to bug someone or try to cheat someone out of something to do your job you should be shot!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
you forgot telephone solicitors
they screw me out of a hassle free evening!

View Quote

See, I enjoy f'ing with these guys.  I actually look forward to their nightly calls.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've noticed for awhile now that there a few sales jobs that can only be performed by people with a knack for screwing others.
View Quote

"Screwing others"? Not at all. One drives a used car before one buys it. If one doesn't, one is a blathering idiot. Is the salesman a mechanic also? Does he know the maintenence history of said vehicle? Of course not. Is he going to put the best possible spin on a car deal? Of course. Do you have to buy it? Of course not.

Cell phone sales? WHY buy a cell phone? I've never needed one, a pay phone is always close by.

Real estate sales? Have an independent home inspector look at the house. Actually live in it, if possible, with a sleeping bag or cot for a weekend or weekday or two to see what the area sounds like.

Actually some of the worst screwings I've seen were at gunshows. While they certainly weren't as expensive as buying a bad house, it was still a blatent screwing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top