Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2002 10:36:57 AM EDT
yes i know me sucks but i dont have the cash to upgrade right now so i'm stuck with ME the last install went haywire what is another way to do it

this is the last way i did it
[url]www.gateway.com/support/techdocs/trshoot/Me/desktop/750718996.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The first thing you want to do is get into BIOS.  Do this by holding down the "DEL" key when you first turn the computer on, then make sure that the computer is set to boot from CDROM as the first option.

After that restart and it should start reading from the ME CD.

From there you can pretty much follow directions.

If you are at another computer right now we can meet in chat and I will wall you thru some of it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What went wrong the last time, i.e., at what step did you run into problems, and if you got error messages what did they say?

The more info you give us, the better we'll be able to help you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#3]
i'm getting vxd, stack errors and now i have no sound

i will try that sgtar
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you reinstalling or is this a clean install....what led you to this point??

System restore disks can be very tricky!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
the last install was because of a virus
(dont ask, lets just say my wife will listen to me about emails now!)
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
i'm signing off now to try and tame this beast
thanks
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]
are you using the computer now?

I am not certain that these errors are related to ME. What virus do you have? Do these errors occur during or after the boot sequence?

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#8]
yes i'm on it now but i am getting off shortly.
what do you think the problem may be?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Let me give you a link that may be very useful to you. Its all about windows me. I am not sure what the problem is right this second...still doing some research....I really need more info from you to be a better helper....but this is not the best place to get it....try this link to find some fixes and if not ....email me and we will go from there!!!!

[url]http://www.all-windows.com/winme.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#10]
going now, thanks
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
ok i'm pissed now, my disk does nothing, when i click "restore system" it restarts and does nothing how do i boot from disk?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top