Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2002 6:41:55 AM EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush says he is briefly transferring the powers of the presidency to Vice President Dick Cheney on Saturday while under sedation for a colon screening.

[url]http://wire.ap.org/?SLUG=BUSH%2dMEDICAL[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Ever consider a career as a headline writer?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh! Sure
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Admit it, you just miss Hitler.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Bush Medical Statement

White House press secretary Ari Fleischer's statement Saturday after President Bush's colonoscopy:

President Bush this morning underwent a colorectal screening procedure at Camp David in which no polyps were found and no evidence of any abnormalities was discovered.

At 7:09 a.m. (EDT), Article XXV of the Constitution was invoked, temporarily transferring the power of the presidency to Vice President Dick Cheney. At that time, anesthesia was administered to the President. The procedure was concluded at 7:29 a.m. and the president awoke at 7:31 a.m. The power of the presidency was returned to President Bush at 9:24 a.m.

The president says he feels ``great'' and will resume his normal routine at Camp David.

© Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

[red] so much for the cheny take over. I wonder what thwarted his plans.[/red]

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It really freaks me out that this event is/was the headline news item on every cable and network news source.  It's totally common for people over age 50 to have this kind of screening every 2-3 years, and to have it make these kind of headlines really makes me wonder about the sanity of the broadcast news industry.  Who the hell do they think cares?  Now, if the test had shown up with some sort cancerous polyps, then I could understand making a news item out of it. But telling me that he had a noncancerous polyps three years ago, and none now----I'm sorry, I don't care.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Kar98,
Sorry to hijack your thread but I need to vent a bit.
[b]It really boils my rabbit when I put the word "ass" in the title of a post and GB edits it and says "Consider this a warning."[/b]Apparently the rules don't apply to everyone.
         [i]snivel mode off[/i][:(!]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Kar98,
Sorry to hijack your thread but I need to vent a bit.
[b]It really boils my rabbit when I put the word "ass" in the title of a post and GB edits it and says "Consider this a warning."[/b]Apparently the rules don't apply to everyone.
         [i]snivel mode off[/i][:(!]
View Quote

OK, I changed the subject, feel better now?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I still debate wether we really needed to know such a personal tidbit about GW's colon.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I'd rather not know about presidential colon exams.  But it was worse when Reagan had colon cancer.  Remember that?  Turning on the tv and having special reports about the First Colon, along with helpful graphics to show you what Reagan's colon looks like.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it such a lousy news day that we are all concerned about what is in the Presidents ass?

This is not exciting as to what is in old Slick Willie's!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, if they hadn't announced it and something happened while Cheney was in charge, there would have been cries of some kind of conspiracy by the same ones complaining that this is newsworthy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top