Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 11:50:01 PM EDT
So I think I live near the Simpson's place (the TV simpson's).  I can't believe someone would willingly paint their house like this, but....

[img]http://www.aforkinthetoad.com/images/P3160003_small.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.aforkinthetoad.com/images/P3160002_small.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow that first pic is so freaky it looks photo shopped.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Same color [b]gay[/b]rage as my White Flyer clays which aren't white.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Geez, I wish.  Isn't it delightfully awful for home values?  
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Geez, I wish.  Isn't it delightfully awful for home values?  
View Quote

I'd be more upset about the one sided fence that's just in front of the house, but at least the house isn't falling apart and they seem to keep their yard clean.  It could also be worse.

I was watching HGTV with my wife tonight and they were chronicling this woman looking for a home closer to her kids' schools and would giver her less of a commute going to and from where she needed to be.  She was moving from a 3600 sq ft. house on 8 acres, but was looking for older homes that had the style she liked.  The ouside of the first house she looked at was [b]two tone purple![/b]  It looked like a grape soda explosion.

However, the second house she looked at was pure class.  It was a large older house with wood floors, lots of wood interior, including built ins, and was just really elegant.  Even the kid's bedrooms has wood floors and lots of light.  And as a cook, I must say the kitchen was damn near perfect with lots of granite and marble counter space and was about twice as large as my college dorm room which was a double.  But the silly woman said it wasn't exactly what she was looking for.  She ended up buying some soulless development tract home who's kitchen and breakfast were half the total size of the original kitchen in the second house, even though a big kitchen area was important to her.  And my wife observed that she could understand how this woman ended up divorced with 4 kids.  She didn't know a good thing when she saw it, and had absolutely no clue what she wanted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, most folks underrate kitchen space on initual home tours for some reason.  The place I'm in now (circa 1960) has a relatively large kitchen, it's a bit bigger than of one of the bedrooms.  I like it.  Just wish my stove (circa 1970) worked a bit better or was cheaper to replace.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top