Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2002 7:27:57 AM EDT

Ever have one of those weeks, where you'd probably be better off locking yourself in a room with a case of beer and a stack of nachos, and not leaving until the week is over?

Monday I go to the dentist (back of my jaw hurts)..and lo and behold, my wisdom teeth are all severely impacted. Needs surgery, ASAP. Joy.

Tuesday, the transmission in my Durango R/T decides it really dosen't feel like working in the prescribed manner, and oh..first gear is a pipedream. It will only start out in 2nd or higher gears. Bring it to the garage, find out that A) apparently, Dodge dosen't like making spare parts for R/T's, B) there's a massive backorder/waiting list for the parts the mechanic thinks I might need, and C) Oh, by the way - the cars computer thought I was doing 120 at WOT, with the brakes fully applied. ABS, the Oxygen sensor, and every other little electronic doohickey was going apesh*t. Replacing the sensors didn't fix the problem, so it's gotta be a transmission problem. (This all came about from driving through a foot-high or so puddle. Do not do this in a Durango, FYI.)

Wednesday (I'm trapped at my parents which happen to live near my garage...the stupid dealership dosen't have a loaner to give me), a miracle happens. The local distributer just happened to have the magical backordered part. So, I spend all day sitting around doing nothing, waiting for the mechanic to drop the tranny and fix it....it finally gets fixed, and I wing back to my apartment around 10pm.

Today, I wake up, and find out a computer I have colocated at a local ISP isn't working right. All my mail, domain hosting, shells, etc are all done from this machine, and I have approaching 100 users now. I call the guy who runs the little mom-and-pop isp...

"The building caught on fire. We don't know what's up with everything yet..."

*sigh* And it's only Thursday. What next?

(Yah, so...I'm whining and playing drama queen. I'll admit it.) [BD]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait'll you see what Friday has in store for you!
I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
At least you have a job....

*boo hoo hoo* Won't someone hire me?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I should have gone to the beach on Monday with three of my friends to stay in a house with a bunch of chicks.  Then tomorrow (Friday) I should be going to Bulletfest, but rather I am here now after having my three remaining wisdom teeth pulled. Cant eat a damn thing, and waiting for them to stop bleeding. So no, I'm not having any fun this week either.    
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Top Top